nexus has LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rr5678

Dec 25, 2009
Ah ok. FYI, the panels you're connecting to are located in front of Manhattan bound N train platform. There are 4 Ericsson AIR panels few feet away if you get up there you'll be getting insane signal quality. :cowboy: Just sayin...

You talking about........under the T-Mobile advert? :p

rr5678

Dec 25, 2009
IMG_20130323_182559.jpg

Looks like I'll be sitting here a while :p

doubleatheman

Dec 12, 2011
California
Just so there is no confusion here: LTE works fine on build JDQ39 (i.e., 4.2.2), but it does not work with the newest radio (i.e., 0.48). So, you need to be running 4.2.2 plus a radio older than 0.48 for it to work. In addition, don't foreget that you need the proper LTE APN settings for your carrier, an LTE compatible SIM, an LTE data plan, LTE provisioned on your account, and of course, LTE coverage.

Note that some users on T-Mobile have been having issues when running 4.2.2 with an older radio on the T-Mobile network. (The Canadian carriers have no issue, neither does AT&T.)

This is why I have been hesitant to do anything to my Nexus 4. Tmobile has been putting up touns of the new AIR pannels up in my area, and I want to poke at the LTE network as much as the next guy, but since the 4.2.2 update, my nexus 4 has not been randomly disconnecting from the network when swapping from HSPA to EDGE like it was before the update (and before the new panels were in my town)

My phone would comleatly dump the network connection and then finally reconnect to EDGE about two minutes later... a very frustrating experience for me.

rr5678

Dec 25, 2009
Glad you like it. :)
That said, I've been trying to connect today all day, only succeeded twice. It looks like they're making it harder...

Two things

1: it would be nicer if it would let me get data

2: i wish it wasn't so hard to get in. Got in once, booted me off, never connected again.

Oh, and they need to put it in the Bronx already :p

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
Illegal as in using an unregulated feature that the FCC didn't acknowledge? Like can T-Mobile refuse to provide you service when you are rooting to get LTE?
You're the end user that bought a phone that works on LTE out of the box. If anyone can get in trouble, it's LG/Google. And they've already pushed the update so everyone is fine...

GSMachinst

Jun 9, 2010
Guys im getting LTE in Houston as of now 1am.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

thebryceee

May 20, 2012
Yup, live in Vegas

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364300699545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364300699545.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,129

maigre

Aug 9, 2012
Those of you getting LTE on your N4s, please post what version of the OS and/or what ROM or radio you're using to do it.

And those in Northern CA, are you right in the city of San Jose? Are you getting LTE as far north as Mountain View or Palo Alto? I tried to call a couple of the local stores, but they didn't answer. I'm sure they're getting hit pretty heavily today with the new plans and LTE.

vikramkhalsa

Mar 7, 2012
www.amasingh.com
Those of you getting LTE on your N4s, please post what version of the OS and/or what ROM or radio you're using to do it.

And those in Northern CA, are you right in the city of San Jose? Are you getting LTE as far north as Mountain View or Palo Alto? I tried to call a couple of the local stores, but they didn't answer. I'm sure they're getting hit pretty heavily today with the new plans and LTE.

Yes please. I'm in San Jose and I just managed to connect to LTE this morning but I'm getting grey bars, can't get them to turn blue :/
So I can't make any calls and if I try to do a speed test it says network communication issues. :(
I'm on AOKP 4.2.2 but I flashed the .33 radio, using fast.tmobile.com APN and changed to LTE only from the testing menu. anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have managed to get LTE to stick as the default without needing to factory reset the phone.

First of all you need to modify the build.prop file and add this this line:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    You may need to remove a line that says:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

After doing this reset the Nexus 4.

After it restarts go into Settings, More..., Mobile networks.

A new menu option should exist called Network Mode. In this menu you can pick the default mode and change between then.

This should stick between reboots without needing to factory reset the phone. This will need to be done again when flashing a new rom as it will overwrite the build.prop file. This was all tested on CM10.1 nightly builds.
    Ok, ok. Somebody, now find that hidden SD slot !!!!!!!!!!
    Woot! I demand infinity thankyous!

Just kidding of course, but I assume you put in the 9? If so, then all the lines you need to add in build.prop are:

telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    ro.telephony.default_network=9
    ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9

...followed by a factory reset of your device
    See attached screenshots.

Video is now live and up and running! Vid is a walkthrough for 5 mins about how I got it to work. Enjoy :)

Nexus 4 has LTE!!