[Q] downgrade i747 from 4.3 to 4.2.1

Search This thread

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Do you have access to the stock AT&T 4.2.1 ROM? I looked on sammobile and couldn't find it.

You may be able to downgrade to 4.2.1 using mobile Odin but you would need root access on your current ROM.

Do you have knox on your phone? If you do, knox may interfere with obtaining root. Also, tripping the Knox counter will void any warranty left on your phone.

tmpro

Sep 4, 2012
Do you have access to the stock AT&T 4.2.1 ROM? I looked on sammobile and couldn't find it.

You may be able to downgrade to 4.2.1 using mobile Odin but you would need root access on your current ROM.

Do you have knox on your phone? If you do, knox may interfere with obtaining root. Also, tripping the Knox counter will void any warranty left on your phone.

No i do not have access to 4.2.1 ROM that why i was asking here to see what i could do. I thought with Odin you could flash stock firmware with out being rooted. No i do not have Knox on my phone.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
No i do not have access to 4.2.1 ROM that why i was asking here to see what i could do. I thought with Odin you could flash stock firmware with out being rooted. No i do not have Knox on my phone.

You don not need to be rooted to flash with Odin but you need a ROM that can be flashed via Odin. Unless AT&T released full a 4.2.1 ROM, it's unlikely you will find one on the Internet.

If you try to flash a stock ROM using desktop Odin that includes an older bootloader, you will probably brick your phone.