Nexus 5 battery and settings messed up

Search This thread

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
OK over that past few days my battery rarely last a few days. Here is my nexus battery stats. Its states my screen has been on for 1m when I have had it on for about 20mins. Also battery drops by the second. Please help. I then tried to charge the charging icon came on but it didn't charge. Left it plugged in for 30mins. Any suggestions?
Regards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
I have also tried rebooting but when I go the the battery settings everything is the same. Nothing has reset? Pls help battery going by the minute and seconds

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Yes it does indicate. But the percentage did not move. This happened yesterday as well so I drained it then charged fine as normal. Any advice.
Thanks

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Yes it does indicate. But the percentage did not move. This happened yesterday as well so I drained it then charged fine as normal. Any advice.
Thanks

No clue m8.. It's surely weird. You could try to flash factory images and see whether it fixes or not... Follow this : http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-factory-image-t2513701

Wait for a while and see whether someone else comes up with a solution.. If not, follow the above thread..

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Yes it does. Now what?

So it indicates that it's charging but the percentage doesn't go up.. that's what you're saying, right?

Try a different wall charger or try charging it via a computer/laptop and see if it charges? May be a faulty charger?

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Yes I'll do what I did yesterday. I'll keep u updated, thanks for the help so far though,much appreciated!!! I currently have 53% for 45mine screen on. I might try a battery calibration app too because I am rooted....

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
That's great news... Do keep us posted! :good:

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!

OK, device is working but battery drain from Google play services and android os seems sucking my juice like hell! Screen on time option has disappeared but so far battery has dropped as quickly as expected. Fingers crossed

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
OK, device is working but battery drain from Google play services and android os seems sucking my juice like hell! Screen on time option has disappeared but so far battery has dropped as quickly as expected. Fingers crossed

Disable location services / Google reporting widen you're not using it...

-Flowed from an IceCold Hammerhead!

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Yes I have. So far everything is back to normal but the android OS is still at the top of the battery, but battery doesn't drain like before...... Fingers crossed again!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Yes I have. So far everything is back to normal but the android OS is still at the top of the battery, but battery doesn't drain like before...... Fingers crossed again!

If you aren't using your phone regularly then Android OS/SystemUI/phone idle will always be at the top of the list! :D

Since you're rooted, install BetterBatteryStats or Wakelock Detector and see which apps are preventing your device from sleeping... Also, Install greenify and hibernate all apps except the ones which you would like to get notifications from like whatsapp... :)

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
OK thanks, will do that now. Any idea what is draining my battery ( see PIC)

Attachments

• 1397130623761.jpg
    1397130623761.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 55

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
OK thanks, will do that now. Any idea what is draining my battery ( see PIC)

Seems normal... Even I have the same... You can't make out by looking at it... You need apps Like Wakelock Detector : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

Follow these steps:

1. Open Wakelock Detector settings and put a tick on "Statistics Since unplug"
2. Charge your device for sometime.
3. As soon as you remove the device from charge, turn off the screen and don't use it for few hours.

After few hours, Turn on the screen and open wakelock detector and check "Wakeup Triggers", "Kernel Wakelock" and "CPU Wakelock" and see what's preventing the device from sleeping...

Now once you Greenify those applications, you ought to have a good battery life! :)

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Seems normal... Even I have the same... You can't make out by looking at it... You need apps Like Wakelock Detector : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

Follow these steps:

1. Open Wakelock Detector settings and put a tick on "Statistics Since unplug"
2. Charge your device for sometime.
3. As soon as you remove the device from charge, turn off the screen and don't use it for few hours.

After few hours, Turn on the screen and open wakelock detector and check "Wakeup Triggers", "Kernel Wakelock" and "CPU Wakelock" and see what's preventing the device from sleeping...

Now once you Greenify those applications, you ought to have a good battery life! :)

Thanks!!! How do I use greenify!!! Thanks