[Q] Root + Custom Recovery for ZVC

Search This thread

Artifesto

Nov 7, 2010
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I received the OTA ZVC update last week and was currently rooted and had TWRP installed at the time. I reflashed the stock rom using the LG Flash tool and went through three updates to eventually wind up at Kitkat, when I was using the stock ZVA rom I was able to use IORoot 25 to root my phone and then use FreeGee to install TWRP later on. Now that I'm on ZVC Official I can still use IORoot25 to root my phone but can not seem to get a custom recovery to stick, anybody else figure this out?

64mosh

Dec 18, 2012
New York
I received the OTA ZVC update last week and was currently rooted and had TWRP installed at the time. I reflashed the stock rom using the LG Flash tool and went through three updates to eventually wind up at Kitkat, when I was using the stock ZVA rom I was able to use IORoot 25 to root my phone and then use FreeGee to install TWRP later on. Now that I'm on ZVC Official I can still use IORoot25 to root my phone but can not seem to get a custom recovery to stick, anybody else figure this out?

There's a new method to install twrp without breaking download mode , once you're on ZVC rooted with ioroot25, download the new app by @Cloudyfa http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51857807 which would install twrp and you will still be able to use download mode if you have to!

Send from my OpTimuS DE 2.2 using Tapatalk

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area

Also, you can just flash the ZVC TOT. You don't need to flash an old TOT and work your way to current. I was on ZV7 rooted and went straight to ZVC TOT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NSTar1

Sep 10, 2009

I just did what IORoot25 and the AutoRec. I'm with sprint and just got the phone. What can I do with this KK release? Can I install camera update or try out kernels? There seems to be no roms for this ZVC update.

So, I do I determine which kernel is patched to work with ZVC? since AutoRec is patched, there must be other patched Kernels out there. Just a noob right now.

Last edited:

secret.animal

Aug 1, 2010
Lake Villa
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I just did what IORoot25 and the AutoRec. I'm with sprint and just got the phone. What can I do with this KK release? Can I install camera update or try out kernels? There seems to be no roms for this ZVC update.

So, I do I determine which kernel is patched to work with ZVC? since AutoRec is patched, there must be other patched Kernels out there. Just a noob right now.

KitKat just came out, developers are hard at work breaking things down so it is safe to flash. Lg did some things making it tougher and a lot of internal changes.

Kernel, only other available is furnace 2.0.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

supreme83

Mar 2, 2011
Kansas City, MO
Does anyone know what to do once download mode is broken? I have progressed between the "stuck in recovery mode" problem, then the fastboot only problem, and now while getting download mode to actually show on screen instead of fastboot i have broken my download mode with fastboot-ing zvc files to the phone. Any ideas on getting this back in a programmable state? I'm on a windows 8.1 x64 machine.

secret.animal

Aug 1, 2010
Lake Villa
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Does anyone know what to do once download mode is broken? I have progressed between the "stuck in recovery mode" problem, then the fastboot only problem, and now while getting download mode to actually show on screen instead of fastboot i have broken my download mode with fastboot-ing zvc files to the phone. Any ideas on getting this back in a programmable state? I'm on a windows 8.1 x64 machine.

Try the auto-rec for your model here on post 1,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2715496

I'm on Sprint ls980, and no issues. This will fix boot, kernel, recovery, and download mode.
If you get white lines, us the fix @Cloudyfa has posted to get back. This puts you back to how it was before the program. No recovery and locked boot and stock kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There's a new method to install twrp without breaking download mode , once you're on ZVC rooted with ioroot25, download the new app by @Cloudyfa http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51857807 which would install twrp and you will still be able to use download mode if you have to!

Send from my OpTimuS DE 2.2 using Tapatalk

Try the auto-rec for your model here on post 1,
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2715496

I'm on Sprint ls980, and no issues. This will fix boot, kernel, recovery, and download mode.
    If you get white lines, us the fix @Cloudyfa has posted to get back. This puts you back to how it was before the program. No recovery and locked boot and stock kernel.

Even better post this in q and a

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app