[Q] regarding upgrade to 4.4.2

Search This thread

umang2792

Aug 16, 2014
hii
i am new to this world of upgrading and flashing . i rooted my samsung galaxy grand i 9082 yesterday and seeking to upgrade it to kitkat 4.4.2 .. I read some in the forums about some stability issue and also dual sim feature will no longer be avalable. please tell me are these true.
please guide me step by step how to upgrade and solve the issues. i really dont know what is cm11 ,what is cynogem mod.. please spoon feed me or provide a link for the same.

regards

ajnabicancer

Apr 10, 2014
CM 11 = CyanogenMod..

CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.

CyanogenMod is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.

Source: CyanogenMod Wiki

Reactions: umang2792

umang2792

Aug 16, 2014
Please tell me how to get a 4.4.2 version. And also please tell how to take a backup of my original firmware if I wish to rollback to original firmware in case
Regards

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Lenovo A850
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
hii
i am new to this world of upgrading and flashing . i rooted my samsung galaxy grand i 9082 yesterday and seeking to upgrade it to kitkat 4.4.2 .. I read some in the forums about some stability issue and also dual sim feature will no longer be avalable. please tell me are these true.
please guide me step by step how to upgrade and solve the issues. i really dont know what is cm11 ,what is cynogem mod.. please spoon feed me or provide a link for the same.

regards
You should better read/ask in your phone's section.

Here is a short preview of the "advanced" android world :p :
- In order to backup your phone data you need a recovery.
- The most known recoveries are CWM and TWRP (in most phones you get into recovery pressing power and volume buttons while the phone is off).
- From the recoveries you can install a new ROM (firmware) to your phone, make a backup/restore or flash zip files (that run commands and move files)
- Cyanogenmod / Cm is a famous ROM with different versions for many phones. Cm11 is the Cyanogenmod kitkat version (10 jellybean, 9 icecream etc)

I hope you got the main idea :D

Last edited:
Reactions: umang2792

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM 11 = CyanogenMod..

CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.

CyanogenMod is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.

Source: CyanogenMod Wiki
    hii

regards
    You should better read/ask in your phone's section.

Here is a short preview of the "advanced" android world :p :
    - In order to backup your phone data you need a recovery.
    - The most known recoveries are CWM and TWRP (in most phones you get into recovery pressing power and volume buttons while the phone is off).
    - From the recoveries you can install a new ROM (firmware) to your phone, make a backup/restore or flash zip files (that run commands and move files)
    - Cyanogenmod / Cm is a famous ROM with different versions for many phones. Cm11 is the Cyanogenmod kitkat version (10 jellybean, 9 icecream etc)

I hope you got the main idea :D