[APP] Go2note - Location-based notes with Proximity Alerts

Search This thread

qubz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Hi guys,

I wrote this app to attach an arbitrary note to a location. It works by letting you know when you're close to a note that you made.
It's got inbuilt routing, proximity alerts and much more. Let me know what you think.

Market link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.weuni.go2note
yktIsIc-Ovl1dcRF-qX2YrUQDRvNxLXKbyHPNXuCiHPOQb8fViKdjvOLVRlnjZ8QLcw
HKQqILWxxlnZCEnXpwb8kYTu4478hmyYu8T65DZ06FowTy8PUW0NpTLxarIu5UB6Bxg

Last edited:

gregb7677

Jul 18, 2010
Syracuse
Saw the feature and going to give it a shot. Looks like something that will come in very handy!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA Premium App

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
ok, downloaded and installed. How the heck do you use it. I put in notes and nothing else happens. No maps, nothing. LG Ally running 2.2.1

1. Press the plus sign to add a note
2. Type it in
3. Now you have a choice of:
A. Press save and the note is saved without a location.
If you chose to save the note, you'll land on the notes list.
B. Press the map icon in the top right to add a location.
If you pressed the map button you'll land on the map page.
- Press the location reticle top right to locate yourself
or
- Type an address and press Go2Address

4. Now press Attach2Note and you'll land on the note page.
5. Tap save to confirm and your done!!

I hope the UI is not confusing to navigate. I was worried it maybe, although after a bit of use I find it like a pattern to use. Something like this to make a note for my location:

3 x touch top right
touch Attach2Note
type note
touch save, all done.

Last edited:

ericizzy1

Apr 28, 2006
is there a way to attach a note to an adress of a contact from the phone contact list?

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
is there a way to attach a note to an adress of a contact from the phone contact list?

At this time there isn't. Although it would not be too hard to implement. My only concern is where to fit it into the UI. Maybe I could add another button into the 2Note screen to pick a contact and that would add their address. I could also add another option to the Go2 map screen to do that. If I did it there, the map could be used to display the location, then you would just attach2note it would do what you're looking for.

I'm currently writing my end of semester university exams and will have more time to work on the app toward the end of next week.

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
New version released is a major update.

I added a new feature to edit a note so now you can change it and even add a different location to it or remove it's current one. Next up is to implement an option to choose between imperial and metric units.

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Hey folks, just popping in to let you know that I have just dropped a major update. This one has lots of fixes and a new feature; displaying routes from your current location to a note.

Get it from the link in the OP and me me know what you think.

Last edited:

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Ok, just pushed another version update to the Market.

U.S. users now have the option to use Miles instead of Kilometres. Colour changes, optimisations and bug fixes are all part of this update. Let me know what you think.

Mitheor

Sep 18, 2008
It´s looking great =D

It´d be great to have the option to save "favourite locations" and use it instead of the map all the time (maybe with an option when you´re going to attach you current location).

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Hi everyone,
I've updated with app with many improvements. If you didn't know already, the app now has inbuilt routing and navigation is integrated via Google navigation. On the board of things to do are favorite locations, a widget and proximity alarms for when you get close to a note.

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
New update - version 0.2.3 pushed to the Android Market

Hey guys,
Our new update has been pushed to the market and in it are many bug fixes and performance enhancements. We hope you enjoy!

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Eye candy update.

Hi everyone,
I recently released a nice update that improves the eye-candy of the app. Let me know what you think.

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
You guys are gonna love this...

The app has received a massive update.
The UI has been redesigned merging a lot of functionality to make it simpler and easier to use.
New features are:
- Colour coded list entries representing distance from a note
- Search bar to find a location
Bug fixes:
- Checked box entries fixed
- List performance improved

I hope y'all enjoy it and give me some feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

qubz

Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Just dropping in to let you guys know that I have updated the app. Additions include address history and voice input search.

Top Liked Posts