Sprint 2.1 Eclair Release (HTC Hero & Samsung Moment)

Search This thread

lineman78

Apr 26, 2010
Denver, CO
I dont know what you mean by this, the kernel we have with the leaks is probably as solid as its going to get since there seem to be no issues with the kernel itself but more with the the apk's playing well with eachother.

I do hope for a kernel that supports overclocking in which I don't have to sacrifice my camera.

Also, I know sprint outsources it, but does anyone know if the implementation of NFL on the Fresh 2.0d ROM is what is expected in the final release. The original release had a main problem in that the streaming audio would not play as a service, but in the action. Therefore, you couldn't browse away, or worse let you screen turn off, which makes it completely unusable. I can't tell if they have fixed it, but it doesn't seem like it. Also, all of the sprint apps have a habit of starting in the background for no reason and consuming resources. I never had any of the widgets on my screen or ever started them, yet NFL and Sprint TV would always start in the background. It seems like the company that produced them doesn't understand some of the basic concepts of the android application environment.

myke66

Dec 13, 2009
2.1 May 7th .. i know i know, but for reals

fguupptuio

UPDATED MAY 3: HTC Hero ROM Update

UPDATED MAY 3: There have been some questions about this update. It is a firmware update. Due to changes made by HTC on Friday, the deployment was delayed until this week. The update will be in all stores by this Friday, May 7.

A new ROM update will give customers additional features and improved functionality on their HTC Hero. Although this update is available to customers on the HTC website, you may have customers come into the store requesting assistance in performing the update. The update is available on the Mobile Genie and the UME touch and can be accessed through the start-up menu on the device. To see the update instructions, click here or go to Employee Toolkit > Quick Access > Best Buy Mobile > Wireless Phone Activations > Handset Software Updates.

Here are some key things you should know and inform customers before performing this update:

Installing the ROM Update Utility will delete ALL information and data on your Android phone that is not saved to the SD card.
Make sure every customer inquiring about the update has read the HTC Hero ROM Update Information document. You may wish to print a copy of this document to show customers.
Although Best Buy Mobile employees have ability to back up and re-install a customer's contacts using a USB provided by the customer, it is recommended that the customer back up all information on his or her home PC prior to coming into the store for the update.
Best Buy Mobile employees do not have the capability to back up photos, e-mails or apps. These will be deleted unless the customer backs them up at home prior to the update.
The update will take 10 to 15 minutes (this includes backing up contacts, installing the update and re-installing contacts).

Last edited:

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
So you work at Best Buy Mobile and you saw this on an internal memo of some sort?

Sounds promising to me.

ThatGuyFromSprint

Apr 14, 2010
Re: 2.1 May 7th .. i know i know, but for reals

haven't heard anything about friday being a definitive date at Sprint, but i won't rule it out.

Sent from my HERO200 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2010
Customer supplied usb cable? Can't back up sd card info? Looks like I'm posting some adds on Craigslist. I think BBM not having usb cables is hilarious.

Is_907

Dec 29, 2009
N of Ft Worth, TX
I work in the geeksquad, but i check mobile's news for info like this. :) When i get home ill post a screenshot of the actual memo, but thats a copy and paste of it verbatim. I should probably talk to our mobile guys though...they install a "taskkiller" on every android they sell because "it makes it faster".

Typical of BBY to throw crapware on a device they sell... sigh.

Looking forward to the rest of this week, then. Hope it works out for us, heh.

VoXHTC

Feb 23, 2009
But Iron Man 2 comes out May 7th. This conflicts with my schedule. I'm requesting they make the update available on May 10th..

Hope everyone is ok with that.

afma_afma

Dec 7, 2009
There you go. Cant say it confirms the date, but its certainly what we're being told. This is also the first memo we've received about it, so its not like we were getting a bunch of fake dates. They tend to not post anything until they are 100% .

hoping...hoping and hoping...:(