[ABANDONED][ROM][Oreo][OFFICIAL] AIM ROM v3.0/3.1 [DUI][8.0.0_r32/8.1.0_r7][Bullhead]

Search This thread

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
LG Nexus 5X
OnePlus 6
AIM%20ROM.gif

About-us.gif

AIMROM is based on AOSP. We AIM to provide you with an experience of unmatched stability, performance, battery life, customizations and useful features that are picked out by our team and testers. We ensure that the sweet taste of latest Android essence stays with your device..

Introducing Oreo based AIMROM for Nexus 5x (Bullhead)

features.gif

DIVE DEEP INTO THE FREEDOM HUB

STATUSBAR :

Network Traffic indicators

Quick settings rows and coloumn

Auto brightness icon toggle

Statusbar Custom Logos

Statusbar AIM Logo

VoLTE icon Toggle

Custom Statusbar icons

Brightness Control

-- More will be added soon --

INTERFACE :

AOKP Custom System Animations

XuiMod: Toast Animations

Listanimation Views and Interpolator

BUTTONS :

Smartbar

Fling

Pulse

Nav Bar doubletap to sleep

Powermenu Customizations

Volume Rockers Customization

Lockscreen :

Lockscreen doubletap to sleep

Lockscreen Charging info

Media Cover Art

Notifications :

Notification Ticker

Custom Battery Lights

MISC :

App Ops

App tost icon

Mtp insted of charging

Launch Music player on headset connect

More Goodies Are On Their Way!

Downloads.gif

Updates via inbuit AIM-OTA app for seamless updates!

Meet-our-team.gif

Emmanuel N. D. Enlinger (not a member of XDA) -->Founder/project maintainer

@Anand N v --> Co Founder/Head developer

@ShadowReaper1 --> Lead developer

@klabit87 --> Developer

Keep-in-touch.gif

JOIN OUR COMMUNITIES

DONATIONS ARE NOT NECESSARY, BUT IT WILL HELP US PAY SERVER BILLS, EACH AND EVERY PENNY FROM YOU IS VALUABLE

If you love our work and want to help us? then click the button:​

Last edited:

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
LG Nexus 5X
OnePlus 6
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
1. If you're coming from another ROM or need to perform a clean flash:
a) Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
b) Flash Vendor from here:

c) Flash ROM, GApps (stick with BeansGapps by Ezio or GZRGApps)
d) Flash root (preferably Magisk)
e) Any mods you want to flash (I won't be supporting custom Kernels as I don't use them and don't find the need to)

2. If you're updating the ROM:
a) Wipe Dalvik
b) Flash ROM
c) Flash root wont be required if your root system supports addon.d
NOTE: If you have issues with Settings or Play Services force-closes you need to clean flash (Method 1).

Some known issues:
Screenrecording doesn't show up when enabled for Power Menu

APN settings aren't set automatically, for the time being, please set it manually. Fixed on latest build

Google+ doesn't install, for the time being, please uninstall the inbuilt Gallery App. Fixed on AIM-3.1

AIM-3.1 issues: DO NOT REPORT ANY ISSUES IF YOU HAVENT CLEAN FLASHED!!!!!
Soundpanel on Power Menu is broken (the option will be removed since the space for it to stay is not enough)

Recents misbehaving fix for now is to restart SystemUI when this happens (advanced reboot option, tap until you see SystemUI, tap and hold SystemUI)

Navbar icons are too small (eventhough I like it, it's still a bug ?) use Smartbar instead of regular stock navbar.

App Ops force closes immediately on launch. (will be removed)

AOSP Keyboard is broke, I don't use it and don't care about it, please use GBoard

Inbuilt System Dark mode doesn't enable, will be fixed soon

Inbuilt clock doesn't have working alarm, please use Google Clock from the PS.

Last edited:

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
STL
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Tgis is the first oreo rom thats pretty awesome othet than setting my apn everything else is awesome

There were some APN setting issues with other LOS based ROMs, but that was just making TMobile MMS not work.

This has absolutely no APN info at all. I've never seen that before.
It was registered with T-Mobile but the data wasn't working. I configured the APN manually and still no luck.
I had to set it to IPV4 instead of IPV6, otherwise it wouldn't work. Usually, IPV6 works fine

Aside from that one major issue, this is the smoothest running 8.0 ROM I've seen so far.
Using with latest OpenGapps Mini, Magisk and EX kernel. Performance is excellent and just enough features to have what I need and not cause reliability issues. I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

Last edited:

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
LG Nexus 5X
OnePlus 6
Hi! I flashed the ROM yesterday! It seems solid and stable... I only have two issues...
No mobile data... And I can't install Google+
Any idea?
Hey there,
Thanks for the feedback, could you check your APN settings, I'm not sure why it hasn't been added automatically for you when it has for me.
I'll look into the G+ issue, looking at logs, it seems that the inbuilt Gallery app is causing the issue.

Reactions: bart.found

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
LG Nexus 5X
OnePlus 6
There were some APN setting issues with other LOS based ROMs, but that was just making TMobile MMS not work.

This has absolutely no APN info at all. I've never seen that before.
It was registered with T-Mobile but the data wasn't working. I configured the APN manually and still no luck.
I had to set it to IPV4 instead of IPV6, otherwise it wouldn't work. Usually, IPV6 works fine

Aside from that one major issue, this is the smoothest running 8.0 ROM I've seen so far.
Using with latest OpenGapps Mini, Magisk and EX kernel. Performance is excellent and just enough features to have what I need and not cause reliability issues. I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.
Its quite weird that it doesn't come automatically, I'll look into it!

bart.found

Feb 20, 2014
Scicli
Hey there,
Thanks for the feedback, could you check your APN settings, I'm not sure why it hasn't been added automatically for you when it has for me.
I'll look into the G+ issue, looking at logs, it seems that the inbuilt Gallery app is causing the issue.

I manually configured my APN as suggested by my provider... Unfortunately with no luck.
I also tried to switch to ipv4 as another user suggested... Still nothing

anirudhgupta109

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2016
LG Nexus 5X
OnePlus 6
I manually configured my APN as suggested by my provider... Unfortunately with no luck.
I also tried to switch to ipv4 as another user suggested... Still nothing
So I tried with another carrier sim on my phone, and yes, my APN wasn't configured, what I did was added a name to the APN and set the APN (the first two fields only (circled in the image)) and it was set, I'm looking into why it isn't configured properly.

Attachments

• IMG_20171210_143540_013.jpg
    IMG_20171210_143540_013.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 320

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
STL
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Well, I think there is something going on with AOSP as well.
I did a clean wipe (formatted data also) and flashed the new 8.1 image and I had no data. The APN wasn't properly configured. It also wouldn't work with IPV6 once configured properly.

Botloos

Jan 29, 2011
Boekel
Just flashed this yesterday, almost everything is in order and working but there is one problem with secondary launchers. I get the message "problem loading widget" with every widget i add in Nova Launcher and i tried Oreo launcher as well with no luck. Stock launcher doesnt have this problem so i cant realky tell if this is a ROM problem but i never had this issue before.

Reactions: bart.found

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AIM%20ROM.gif

About-us.gif

AIMROM is based on AOSP. We AIM to provide you with an experience of unmatched stability, performance, battery life, customizations and useful features that are picked out by our team and testers. We ensure that the sweet taste of latest Android essence stays with your device..

Introducing Oreo based AIMROM for Nexus 5x (Bullhead)

features.gif

DIVE DEEP INTO THE FREEDOM HUB

STATUSBAR :

Network Traffic indicators

Quick settings rows and coloumn

Auto brightness icon toggle

Statusbar Custom Logos

Statusbar AIM Logo

VoLTE icon Toggle

Custom Statusbar icons

Brightness Control

-- More will be added soon --

INTERFACE :

AOKP Custom System Animations

XuiMod: Toast Animations

Listanimation Views and Interpolator

BUTTONS :

Smartbar

Fling

Pulse

Nav Bar doubletap to sleep

Powermenu Customizations

Volume Rockers Customization

Lockscreen :

Lockscreen doubletap to sleep

Lockscreen Charging info

Media Cover Art

Notifications :

Notification Ticker

Custom Battery Lights

MISC :

App Ops

App tost icon

Mtp insted of charging

Launch Music player on headset connect

More Goodies Are On Their Way!

Downloads.gif

Updates via inbuit AIM-OTA app for seamless updates!

Meet-our-team.gif

Emmanuel N. D. Enlinger (not a member of XDA) -->Founder/project maintainer

@Anand N v --> Co Founder/Head developer

@ShadowReaper1 --> Lead developer

@klabit87 --> Developer

Keep-in-touch.gif

JOIN OUR COMMUNITIES

DONATIONS ARE NOT NECESSARY, BUT IT WILL HELP US PAY SERVER BILLS, EACH AND EVERY PENNY FROM YOU IS VALUABLE

If you love our work and want to help us? then click the button:​

Do not use a custom kernel on the build, I will not provide support for EX or FK. Those two are outdated way more than they should be.

Outdated my ass.
    I had uploaded the January Patch level on the 7th and had forgotten to post here, I've been using it for awhile and its ready for release, here is the link

ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ai...-V3.1-20180107-OFFICIAL-bullhead.zip/download

Once I get positive feedback, I'll update the OP with the link, there has been a lot of changes and feel free to dirty flash the build! There has been a change in vendor so you'd have to flash that too.

Vendor: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329070891

Procedure:
    Flash Vendor
    Flash ROM
    Reboot
    I will be pushing a build soon with some Substratum flavour, will have the custom Substratum Sysserv commits from substratum.review!

Note: the build is still 8.0.0, expect 8.1 soon!
    I'm sorry for being away everyone, I have exams approaching and don't really have the time to build, our gerrit is currently down due to server issues so the Feb patch is being delayed.
    I'll most probably post a build latest by the end of the month. Hope everyone understands!
    Thanks @manpildo for helping everyone in the thread, means a lot.

Edit: I have updated the OP with my last build (January 7th) since I forgot to do so and updated the vendor link of 8.1.0 in Post #2.