[ROOT][4.0+] AppDowngrader | downgrade your apps easily

Search This thread

pyler

Jan 13, 2013
Since I realized you *can* downgrade your apps (install lower version over actual (higher) version of app) using android feature "pm install -r -d file.apk" yesterday, I got time and wrote small and simple app which does everything for you. Just pick APK and click on Install APK. That's it!

Screenshot:
ubT07bK.png

App is now in Google Play Store!

Download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pyler.appdowngrader

Attachments

• AppDowngrader_1.0.apk
    241.7 KB · Views: 102,612
Last edited:

cyberzone5

Jan 28, 2014
delhi
www.techverge.net
I am gonna try to run Themer on ICS now. I hope that it should work now.

EDIT: I tried it on my Magicon Mpad 7, It said Install successful but I can't find it on my App Drawer?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reno5whyred

pyler

Jan 13, 2013
did you read OP? Looks like you didn't. Yes, app shown "successfully installated" because if you use this app how you should, it works. And I don't except that users will do crazy experiments :D

With or without this app you can't install app which requires 4.1 on device with 4.0.

Reactions: avd and seancojr

gersto

May 19, 2010
Albuquerque
So here is a thought, is there a repository for older versions of the free android apps anywhere? That would be a good coupling for an app like this!

client-x

Aug 25, 2010
Is Google play suggesting to upgrade your downgraded app or it doesn't realize that app was downgraded?

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Is Google play suggesting to upgrade your downgraded app or it doesn't realize that app was downgraded?

Google Play will suggest upgrading. You essentially just installed an older version of the app in all terms.
You could achieve similar function by backing up your data, deleting the app, re-installing an older version, restoring your data. Obviously it would be longer, though. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I realized you *can* downgrade your apps (install lower version over actual (higher) version of app) using android feature "pm install -r -d file.apk" yesterday, I got time and wrote small and simple app which does everything for you. Just pick APK and click on Install APK. That's it!

Screenshot:
    ubT07bK.png

App is now in Google Play Store!

Download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pyler.appdowngrader
    There has been an alternative since March 2021. Verified working here in LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) with Magisk & LSPosed: XDowngrader Xposed Module: in Xposed Repository | on GitHub :cool:
    did you read OP? Looks like you didn't. Yes, app shown "successfully installated" because if you use this app how you should, it works. And I don't except that users will do crazy experiments :D

With or without this app you can't install app which requires 4.1 on device with 4.0.
    This app will let you install oldversion.apk without having to uninstall newversion.apk first.

I am confused.
    So, I am asking since never tried:
    If I have old.apk, tap on it and choose to install via package installer (while new.apk is still installed) it will be DENIED?

And if not, what is the purpose of this app?

p.s. old.apk and new.apk refer to an old version and new version of the same app.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

@pyler,
    Thank you for this great app. It's worked on Android KitKat and Lollipop for me, but not Marshmallow.

Has something changed in Marshmallow to make AppDowngrader not work?

Have you ever felt that after an update your app or games start to have errors/ malfunctioning?