- Updated Polaris Office
- Advanced 1.4 OC/UV kernel recompiled from SU660 LG source for P990
- EXT4 filesystem for /system, /data and /cache partitions
- /system/etc/init.d support
- CIFS support
- TUN support
- Tweaked Deadline scheduler
- Sio scheduler (default in this rom)
- Supercharged via build.prop and init.rc (Supercharger is named "v6sc" in /system/xbin)
- KAK (Kick Ass Kernelizer) included in /system/xbin (named kak) and in init.d
- OC up to 1408 Mhz (via SETCPU, Antutu CPU Master or Pimp my CPU)
- UV (via Pimp my CPU or others)
- Optimized mount points with timed commits and noauto_da_alloc option
- Hotplug CPU governor (finally the second CPU goes to sleep when it's not needed)
- ZRAM included with 75MB swap size
- SuperSU by Chainfire is included
- Busybox (1.19.3) is included in /system/xbin

Long story short, this is a follow-up to the excellent work Stefan did with his ICS28G release. I decided to post this rom some days before my original intentions, because Stefan's thread is now closed and there will be no follow-up. Besides that, LG is making us wait until the end of the world before releasing their official update and this will make me work twice at least (now and when the proper kernel sources will be released). That's all.

Feedbacks are welcome.

DISCLAIMER: This ROM comes with NO warranty. If you brick your phone, don't blame me, I'm only experimenting with my phone and sharing the results with you, mates!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP your actual rom and your data before installing anything!!!!!!
- Follow accurately Stefan's instructions in his original thread: this is a rom meant to be installed with nvflash!
- Reboot your device at the end of the process, go to system/xbin with a terminal emulator and type "su" and "v6sc" for checking the V6Supercharger functionalities
- Enjoy your new rom.

P.S. This rom wipes completely your phone (see changelog for exceptions),Backup all your data before installing this Rom!!!

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Overclocking is highly unstable in this rom. I managed to OC my device for a few minutes but it hangs in a while. So, OC is for now enabled only for TESTING PURPOSES! Keep that in mind and do not complain about it until I will manage to make it stabler. (All OC issues are solved flashing SP2: overclock is really stable on my device @ 1.3 Ghz)

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS/SERVICE PACKS:
- TG ICS28G SERVICE PACK 2 - download from here: http://depositfiles.com/files/4bza0mnh3
It's a CWM flashable .zip (flash it via recovery) with the following changelog:

- Stable overclock @ 1.3 Ghz (1.408 max OC for lucky people with an elite tegra chip)
- Increased swappiness (65) and zram (80Mb)
- 128 Mb ramhack thanks to wkpark's patch and suggestions.

Good luck!

DOWNLOAD:
1.0 - Full ROM with experimental kernel (1.5 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/99led00ho
1.1 - Full ROM (CWM flashable) with stable SP2 OC kernel (1.4 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions rebased on v30a LG release http://depositfiles.com/files/iyl2urjxk
1.1 Flash with CWM - Entirely rebased on new v30a LG leaked release - Fully deodexed rom - Raised zram to 90 mb - Removed LG task manager - Added Gmail 4.2 with pinch to zoom in /data/app/- Added Jackpal's Terminal Emulator in /data/app[ACTUAL]

NOTES and KERNEL SOURCE:
- https://github.com/Topogigi/LGE-Kernel-Star-ICS
I need time to comment out the source for every single change I made. So I committed the source AS-IS for other developers to immediately take advantage of an already patched base, ready for further commits. I will add comments to the source ASAP
- People coming from other roms are strongly advised to firstly flash the v28g nvflash package (1.0 rom nvflash based) and THEN upgrade to the following releases

CREDITS:
- The entire CM team and AREMCEE in particular for his kernel repository. Without his github commits I would have not been able to recompile the sources
- Zeppelinrox for V6SuperCharger and Kick Ass Kernelizer
- wkpark and ibladesi for OC/UV code and ramhack solution
- Stefan Guendhoer for providing the base rom I reworked
- Faux 123 for the tweaks I applied to the deadline scheduler
- LG for providing us a leaked rom ?????? Am I just crazy ?????
....and many others that helped sharing their ideas and work for free.

Attachments

• 2012-11-22-17-45-09.jpg
    2012-11-22-17-45-09.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 141,034
  • 2012-11-22-17-45-32.jpg
    2012-11-22-17-45-32.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 143,574
  • 2012-11-22-17-46-21.jpg
    2012-11-22-17-46-21.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 139,019
  • 2012-11-22-17-46-49.jpg
    2012-11-22-17-46-49.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 138,515
Last edited:

Topogigi

Oct 21, 2005
Turin
ROM is uploading now (37% at the time being).

In the meanwhile, I drop some notes and some thoughts about it:

1) I use this rom from last week without any issue (besides overclocking) ad I must admit that even with the recompiled kernel I noticed no issue. Battery life is quite good compared to CM7.
2) The kernel is the same that AREMCEE used for his CM10 and the issues I noticed there are not present here. I mean I did not encounter the in call audio bug nor the Bluetooth always disconnecting issues here. So, I think that the old bootloader has a role in these bugs (the kernel is not the guilty part).
3) Overclocking: this is a real mistery for me: on other devices the same code works a charm: here you can't achive a stable OC even at 1.2 Ghz. Please help me to discover if this behaviour is limited to my own device. Try to OC gradually and report your results. The rom will always boot at 1.0Ghz, so no risk to brick it!
4) ZRAM really helps in making device snappier, so you can assume that LG did finally a good work and all the lags you can experiment are due to RAM constraints.

Let me know....

Last edited:

Harsh

Inactive Recognized Developer
welcome back.... many here missed you. :D

2) The kernel is the same that AREMCEE used for his CM10 and the issues I noticed there are not present here. I mean I did not encounter the in call audio bug nor the Bluetooth always disconnecting issues here. So, I think that the old bootloader has a role in these bugs (the kernel is not the guilty part).

3) Overclocking: this is a real mistery for me: on other devices the same code works a charm: here you can't achive a stable OC even at 1.2 Ghz. Please help me to discover if this behaviour is limited to my own device. Try to OC gradually and report your results. The rom will always boot at 1.0Ghz, so no risk to brick it!

EDit: yes OC is little flaky right now but we should be coming to stable point when more people work on it.

And old bootloader is not related to in-call audio bug, it will appear after 3-4 days. But its not always the case, that issue is not traceable. Bluetooth fix was simple and it would not be in your kernel if you are not using cyanogenmo_p990_defconfig

Last edited:

Neefy

Apr 29, 2011
Copenhagen
So happy to see "new" devs, will be looking forward to flashing this :)

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Topogigi

Oct 21, 2005
Turin
welcome back.... many here missed you. :D

EDit: yes OC is little flaky right now but we should be coming to stable point when more people work on it.

That's the way I like to develop. Sharing code (very well commented code) is the way to go IMHO. Cooperation is the key to success.

But.......I will miss Stefan in any case (even if my personal line of thought is nearer to yours than Stefan's one). Devs are rare stuff for a device that's slowly dying, and if I can put a good word in this fuss, try to find a good compromise with him, my friend ;)

jmsmartins

Jan 13, 2009
Faro
Hi Topogigi,
I don't know you, but anyway wellcome back! I've heard the best about your work on O2, so i'am happy you're back. Good luck!

Odyn001

Feb 7, 2012
Welcome Back Topo :D

I am happy that we have the opportunity to try something new from your factory.
Topo Nostaligia was great as a return to the past, so now let's move into the future with the new Topo ICS :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: TristanLP

Regash

Aug 8, 2012
are there any lags in this rom?

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda app-developers app

nikolav75

Jul 6, 2011
Auckland
Two days ago I smartflashed an original ROM and prepared the phone for selling, but tonight I'm gonna flash your's. Thank you!

anjo88

Nov 26, 2010
Seixal
I will try it thanks let see oc working

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Is possible to make 1 OC kernel to official cm10?

anjo88

Nov 26, 2010
Seixal
Upload finished, rom online. Enjoy.

P.S. I will make a CWM flshable zip, but many people are now stuck with the old bootloader and ATM it's better to release a rom with nvflash. I'll consider to build two versions next time.

is possible to compile a flashable zip of kernel to official cm10?

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
WTF, some leaves unfortunately, but now you're back Topogi, we all missed you and we all welcome you back and thanks for sharing your rom :)

Sent from the new smoothly LGP990

antebr

Jul 1, 2012
Split
Topogigi

Pls some mirror servers, depositfiles are very slow...

Btw thx for ROM, i will try it tomorow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TG P990 ICS V30A - Stable - Rom and Advanced Kernel
    BY TOPOGIGI

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

FEATURES:
    - Based on ICS 28G Nvflash 1st edition from Stefan Guendhoer
    - Updated Gapps in /system/app
    - Updated Meteo Widget
    - Updated Polaris Office
    - Advanced 1.4 OC/UV kernel recompiled from SU660 LG source for P990
    - EXT4 filesystem for /system, /data and /cache partitions
    - /system/etc/init.d support
    - CIFS support
    - TUN support
    - Tweaked Deadline scheduler
    - Sio scheduler (default in this rom)
    - Supercharged via build.prop and init.rc (Supercharger is named "v6sc" in /system/xbin)
    - KAK (Kick Ass Kernelizer) included in /system/xbin (named kak) and in init.d
    - OC up to 1408 Mhz (via SETCPU, Antutu CPU Master or Pimp my CPU)
    - UV (via Pimp my CPU or others)
    - Optimized mount points with timed commits and noauto_da_alloc option
    - Hotplug CPU governor (finally the second CPU goes to sleep when it's not needed)
    - ZRAM included with 75MB swap size
    - SuperSU by Chainfire is included
    - Busybox (1.19.3) is included in /system/xbin

Long story short, this is a follow-up to the excellent work Stefan did with his ICS28G release. I decided to post this rom some days before my original intentions, because Stefan's thread is now closed and there will be no follow-up. Besides that, LG is making us wait until the end of the world before releasing their official update and this will make me work twice at least (now and when the proper kernel sources will be released). That's all.

Feedbacks are welcome.

DISCLAIMER: This ROM comes with NO warranty. If you brick your phone, don't blame me, I'm only experimenting with my phone and sharing the results with you, mates!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    - BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP your actual rom and your data before installing anything!!!!!!
    - Follow accurately Stefan's instructions in his original thread: this is a rom meant to be installed with nvflash!
    - Reboot your device at the end of the process, go to system/xbin with a terminal emulator and type "su" and "v6sc" for checking the V6Supercharger functionalities
    - Enjoy your new rom.

P.S. This rom wipes completely your phone (see changelog for exceptions),Backup all your data before installing this Rom!!!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - Overclocking is highly unstable in this rom. I managed to OC my device for a few minutes but it hangs in a while. So, OC is for now enabled only for TESTING PURPOSES! Keep that in mind and do not complain about it until I will manage to make it stabler. (All OC issues are solved flashing SP2: overclock is really stable on my device @ 1.3 Ghz)

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS/SERVICE PACKS:
    - TG ICS28G SERVICE PACK 2 - download from here: http://depositfiles.com/files/4bza0mnh3
    It's a CWM flashable .zip (flash it via recovery) with the following changelog:

- Stable overclock @ 1.3 Ghz (1.408 max OC for lucky people with an elite tegra chip)
    - Increased swappiness (65) and zram (80Mb)
    - 128 Mb ramhack thanks to wkpark's patch and suggestions.

Good luck!

DOWNLOAD:
    1.0 - Full ROM with experimental kernel (1.5 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions http://depositfiles.com/files/99led00ho
    1.1 - Full ROM (CWM flashable) with stable SP2 OC kernel (1.4 Ghz) with EXT4 partitions rebased on v30a LG release http://depositfiles.com/files/iyl2urjxk
    1.1 Flash with CWM - Entirely rebased on new v30a LG leaked release - Fully deodexed rom - Raised zram to 90 mb - Removed LG task manager - Added Gmail 4.2 with pinch to zoom in /data/app/- Added Jackpal's Terminal Emulator in /data/app[ACTUAL]

NOTES and KERNEL SOURCE:
    - https://github.com/Topogigi/LGE-Kernel-Star-ICS
    I need time to comment out the source for every single change I made. So I committed the source AS-IS for other developers to immediately take advantage of an already patched base, ready for further commits. I will add comments to the source ASAP
    - People coming from other roms are strongly advised to firstly flash the v28g nvflash package (1.0 rom nvflash based) and THEN upgrade to the following releases

CREDITS:
    - The entire CM team and AREMCEE in particular for his kernel repository. Without his github commits I would have not been able to recompile the sources
    - Zeppelinrox for V6SuperCharger and Kick Ass Kernelizer
    - wkpark and ibladesi for OC/UV code and ramhack solution
    - Stefan Guendhoer for providing the base rom I reworked
    - Faux 123 for the tweaks I applied to the deadline scheduler
    - LG for providing us a leaked rom ?????? Am I just crazy ?????
    ....and many others that helped sharing their ideas and work for free.
    So the day has come. I'm giving up with my fellow O2X in a few hours. During last week I spoke many times with Carburano about the kernel, about compiling it etc. etc. and I have no doubt he will carry on my original work in the best way. This community gave me something I will remember.

A farewell to all the old and new friends. It has been a real pleasure to take part to all of this.

See you in another board, hopefully.
    A quick update on what's going on under the hood for the upcoming SP3 kernel:

1) I'm testing a patch to solve excessive wifi drain and it looks very promising judging from the first tests
    2) Ram OC to 333mhz (Hynix ram chip on our device is certified to run @400 mhz but it actually runs @300 mhz...)
    3) It seems clear to my eyes that 3D is capped @60 fps, so overclocking the avp is unuseful
    4) memcpy patch to achieve higher rate in memory copy operations
    5) zsmalloc memory allocator in place of regular xvmalloc: that should give better performances for zram avoiding or diminishing memory fragmentation

Stay tuned as usual: release date is scheduled for the first days of next week when testing phase will be over.

Performance increase in benchmarks is marginal, but snappyness during device use is greatly increased with these patches.

Obviously all the commits will be on my github for other developers benefit
    ROM is uploading now (37% at the time being).

In the meanwhile, I drop some notes and some thoughts about it:

1) I use this rom from last week without any issue (besides overclocking) ad I must admit that even with the recompiled kernel I noticed no issue. Battery life is quite good compared to CM7.
    4) ZRAM really helps in making device snappier, so you can assume that LG did finally a good work and all the lags you can experiment are due to RAM constraints.

Let me know....
    Reuploaded and updated the link in the OP. Hope that this will be the last time (my connection grants a good speed in download but it's really slow in upload).

Let me know....

BTW I'm sorry to give you bad news about my own O2X. I had a good deal proposal on it yesterday and I'm going to sell it on next monday. The end of the story for me is very near, but I really want to thank every member of this awesome community for the support and the feeling I always had that my work has been appreciated. I'm going on with a new Nexus 4 in the near future. Many many thanks and see you elsewhere on this fabulous board.