[ROM][AOSP][2.3.5] SalvageMod v1.4

Search This thread

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
Alright, I flashed the SM v1.4-odex-signed.zip as well as the SM Gapps-odex-signed.zip twice after a complete wipe (everything in amonRA v2.3's wipe menu except the SD card) and twice I kept getting reoccurring FCs while trying to get to the homescreen. I then reflashed the rom without immediately flashing the Gapps zip and then rebooted. All went well. I then rebooted into recovery, wiped dalvik & cache and then flashed the Gapps odex zip and then rebooted. The lockscreen appeared, but as soon as I unlocked the device, I immediately got repeated FCs. I don't know if the odex version of the Gapps zip is corrupted or not. I'll re-wipe everything and flash the deodexed versions and see what happens. In no way, shape or form am I worried about not getting a working version of this rom. I am a huge fan of Salvage-Mod as well as a fan of lithid, echoside & Barnacles so if there are any noobs out there who may be reading this, do not fret. This is a temporary thing..hahaha. I'll report back once I download & flash the odexed versions.

UPDATE: After flashing the deodexed versions of the rom & Gapps.zip, I am up & running like I knew I would be..hahaha..Now it's time to tweak the system and enjoy the new rom. I'm 48 years old, but I'm like a kid in a candy store...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Psichi

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
Alright, I flashed the SM v1.4-odex-signed.zip as well as the SM Gapps-odex-signed.zip twice after a complete wipe (everything in amonRA v2.3's wipe menu except the SD card) and twice I kept getting reoccurring FCs while trying to get to the homescreen.

UPDATE: After flashing the deodexed versions of the rom & Gapps.zip, I am up & running like I knew I would be..hahaha..Now it's time to tweak the system and enjoy the new rom. I'm 48 years old, but I'm like a kid in a candy store...;)

same here. At first I thought it was because I was using the 1.3 gapps, since I started flashing before I saw an answer on my earlier question... Hopefully the odex version will get tweaked as I don't use themes much andnwould rather have the boost in performance.

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
same here. At first I thought it was because I was using the 1.3 gapps, since I started flashing before I saw an answer on my earlier question... Hopefully the odex version will get tweaked as I don't use themes much andnwould rather have the boost in performance.

I hear you, my friend and I'm certain whatever the issue is with the odexed Gapps zip, it'll be taken care of. These guys do a heck of a job with this rom...;)

Last edited:

spider2346

Jun 25, 2011
Atlanta
Judging by what lithid has done with the sense kernel, I can't imagine this ROM not being great... Gonna take her out for a dance later and see how she moves... :rolleyes:

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
I hear you, my friend and I'm certain whatever the issue is with the odexed Gapps zip, it'll be taken care of. These guys do a heck of a job with this rom...;)
Yeah, I was looking through the 1.3 thread and I know they are quick on fixing issues.

I am stupid though.. I wasn't expecting the "Wipe ALL user data/factory reset" to touch the SDext partition, so I didn't include that in my nandroid. When I had to roll back, I didn't have market or anything... So I am d/ling the deodexed version instead!

My poor wife, she is sitting next to me rolling her eyes because I "broke my phone" again.

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Hey Barn, I've noticed that either kernel I use (Tiamat 3.3.7 / SZ 2.2.1 both with SBC), the ROM doesn't want to let go at holding the processor at 100-98%. I tried a wipe of both caches and reinstalls, with no dice. Is there anyway you can post the kernel that came with this new ROM?

dougjamal

Aug 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
Yeah, I was looking through the 1.3 thread and I know they are quick on fixing issues.

I am stupid though.. I wasn't expecting the "Wipe ALL user data/factory reset" to touch the SDext partition, so I didn't include that in my nandroid. When I had to roll back, I didn't have market or anything... So I am d/ling the deodexed version instead!

My poor wife, she is sitting next to me rolling her eyes because I "broke my phone" again.

I know what you mean. My wife can't stand when I start messing around with my EVO. To her, I pay far too much attention to it than to her and I do, on occasion, but heck, the EVO gives me the least amount of stress....:)

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
Hey, just out of curiosity, can you give me some info about this kernel and why the switch from Tiamat?

I don't believe tiamat was actually included in the last one and was some confusion in the changelog. We have included an updated kernel from CM7 source, as we feel it to be a stable kernel for all devices. As always, other kernel options are available to those who want them

Reactions: sag7392

eniamg02

Mar 6, 2009
DMV
awesome,caught this update late.gonna eat dinner then ill be ready to flash,thanks salvage team

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Salvagemod will not be coming back in that sense. That name isn't something we can use. I have however starting something else. A cooler else. Right now the name is GeekMod. It is stored under the GeekRom name on github.

https://github.com/GeekRom

I hope to get everything that I can get working for the evo so I can release this. If people are really interested, give this post a thanks. If there is more then enough interest, then for sure I will work extra hard to get this together for the evo. I agree it would be nice to get some "Salvagemod" back.

:silly:

Salvage-Mod Gingerbread

unledgao.png
    SalvageMod is a AOSP project developed by myself, Barnacles10, and echoside.
    This software is built from the Android open source project 2.3.5 branch.

We are offering 1.4 both odex and deodex. Keep in mind, most themers theme deodex ROMs.
    Make sure to choose what the google add-on that corresponds with your ROM choice.

See the changelog above or in ROM for detailed changes.

Big thanks goes out to Cyanogen and Team-Win for coming through with wimax.

Visit our github for source and credit for anything specific you're looking for in the build.

: Disclaimer :
    We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software.
    Um, yeah, hate to burst your bubble, but we have a rather lengthy thread, several hundred pages in fact, for the gingerbread-evo-deck ROM on the VP forum. Not to mention the threads on Deck's ICS, Evervolv ICS, AOKP, MIUI, MikG, etc. We are also expanding the device forums which now includes EVO, EVO 3D, SGS II Epic 4G Touch, a Nook Color thread, & AsusTransformer/Prime discussions.
    You Salvaged guys are loyal, I'll give you that, but y'all really need to expand your horizons. :rolleyes: I'm not going to down this ROM, but it's lack of features that are now standard on many other ROMs have essentially left you guys in the dark ages for lack of a better term. And let's face it, with DarkTremors a2sd & the Firerat MTD partition resize Mod who is still really concerned with the the amount of internal storage left after flashing a ROM? Not me. ;)
    With all respect. There is cyanogenmod, then cyanogenmod ripoffs. This rom isn't made to mirror cyanogenmod. Never was and never will. No We have not worked on salvagemod, yet you can still run it safely without issue. If you want features, there is cyanogenmod. This rom is built to be slim. minimal. Sadly besides sense or miui, there are not maybe roms that are not CM based. Something we are proud of.

Thanks!
    Grabbing this one