Boot on power

Search This thread

deadaim00

Jul 20, 2010
Been searching for hours on this issue. It's easy to make the Nexus 7 boot on power with a simple fastboot command. Does anyone know anyway to make this happen with this tablet? I am planning on using it as a gauge cluster in my car and would prefer not to have to go back to my nexus 7. The screen size is amazing. If there was anyone with any ideas, that would be helpful. I have tried searching for where the plug in screen was held, but I haven't found anything yet. I was thinking about just replacing loading that screen, with rebooting the device. Maybe something like that would work.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas please! Getting kind of desperate here. Thanks!

deadaim00

Jul 20, 2010
Only thing I can think of is to allow your tablet to stay in suspend, even force it with power off,
then use tasker to create a script to wake from suspend when plugged in!

That's how I currently have it setup. The problem is if it were to ever run out of battery and shut off, I'd have to take my "cluster" out to be able to turn it back on when it's plugged in and charged.

deadaim00

Jul 20, 2010
Run a loop with a breaker in it for power and use a dedicated power source with a switch?

As I do appreciate the ideas, I have already thought about all of these. However I would like it to operate exactly how I had my previous tablet, except with this specific piece of hardware. If it's not possible it's not possible, or I'll just keep looking. Thanks though!

deadaim00

Jul 20, 2010
Now that the source has been released and there is a recovery and such, anyone have any other ideas on this? It would really be helping me out! Thanks guys!