Samsung Galaxy S 4G Unlock Code Found

Search This thread

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
***** IMPORTANT ROOT IS REQUIRED BEFORE PROCEEDING *****

***** ALSO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ACTUALLY APPLYING STEPS *****

All right ladies and gentlemen, coders and non coders I have personally found the unlock code NOT THE FREEZE CODE only the unlock code for your Samsung Galaxy S 4G hidden in the same files as previous Vibrant phones.

Please understand this was a hard complex and still needs work procedure.

Of-course this all depends on your dedication and time but hopefully I have simplified it for you.

Steps:

1. Install "010 Hex editor" you can use trial does not have to be registered

2. Go to your SGS 4G and open a terminal emulator (free on the Market) - (Root Required)

The following steps are credit to SS2006 on a different post

*** Dont forget the (su) command *** after the second line
_____

after opening a terminal emulator type the following

cd /dev/block <enter>
su <enter> <at this point your phone will ask for superuser access ALLOW it if you already havent done so>
dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/bml3.bak <enter>

Go find the file on your SD Card and transfer it to your computer

3. Open 010 Hex Editor

4. In 010 Hex Editor go to the Menus above and select VIEW>LINEFEEDS>SELECT CUSTOM>SET YOUR BYTES TO "32" Nothing Less

5. Locate the bml3.bak file you created and transfered to your computer and open it using the editor

(CREDIT TO FR0Z3N FOR CLARIFYING THE FOLLOWING 2 STEPS)

6. Using your keyboard select CRTL+F to search for a hex string, when the search window pops up select "Hex byte" in the Type field and then search for the following string below:

"FFFFFFFFFF0100000000" ALL TOGETHER, Then Hit the FIND ALL button to the right, some of you will get 2 results and others up to 10 results on your screen below

7. If you look at your Hex editor there are 3 window panes on the selected line (See Image Below)

e.g 4CCC60h <-- Offset
01 01 01 01 < -- Hex Keys
yyyyyyyyy <- ASCII text where your code is

h.t .t p / / i1201.photobucket . com /albums/ bb359/sanfranx415/unlock.jpg

8. Go through each result from the above search and you will see on the 3rd window pane (as shown on pic above) after the hex keys there is an 8 DIGIT CODE (Write this code Down) this is your unlock code NCK for your phone

Sidenote: THIS 8 DIG CODE SHOULD SHOW ON AT-LEAST ONE MORE RESULT CHECK ALL YOUR RESULTS FROM THE SEARCH ABOVE IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ( SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE YOUR CODE SHOWN AT-LEAST 2 TIMES AND SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE THE CODE SHOW MORE THAN 4 TIMES BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT MANY RESULTS )

**** TO INPUT THE UNLOCK NETWORK CODE DO THE FOLLOWING ****

9. Turn off your phone

10. Insert a foreign SIM card not attached to your current provider (e.g if you have T-mob use an ATT SIM CARD) and turn on your phone

11. You will be prompted to enter a Network Unlock Control Key ( Use the code above that you wrote down and type it in your phone exactly)

12. After entering your NCK please hit Unlock or GO button and you should see a screen that says "network unlock successful" and your phone should go in the main screen after your phone has been unlocked.

THATS IT FOLKS HAVE FUN

PS> If you entered an incorrect code you must of entered the wrong code or wrote it down wrong please read carefully and verify the code matches the results from above in at-least more than one instance

SHOULD ANYONE NEED HELP PM ME AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP

personally my SGS4G has been rooted from day 1 and wi-fi tethering enabled and now it has been Unlocked

Last edited:

TheShadowMan

Mar 24, 2008
Pooler
This seems like it doesn't work. If you go to line 157028 you end up at offset 4CAC60h which is nothing but zeros. And if you go to offset 4CCC60h, there's no 01010101 value.

Reactions: chr2303

droidboy29

Nov 3, 2010
Detroit, MI
Ok is this BS or what? I noticed that no one else has posted here. I have tried every combination with these line #'s and I cant find any 8 digit code in the third section. con anybody tell me if this is legit?

fr0z3n

Jan 1, 2008
Toronto
I just unlocked two of them, its on different lines everytime.

Folowing are the instructions:

Open the file in Hex Editor

1.) Press - Ctrl + F
A window should open up
2.) Change the type to "Hex Bytes (h)
3.) Value: FF FF FF FF FF 01 00 00 00 00
4.) Click Find All, for me the code

the code is visible right after this, 8 digit code. For me it was repeared 9-10 times in the file.

Good luck

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
No this is not BS and Yes Fr0z3N is correct I should have said look for this line value

Value: FF FF FF FF FF 01 00 00 00 00

You will find your code it takes patience but your code is there if you follow the instructions

Thanks Fr0Z3n for the clarification and more indepth analysis

Reactions: mrkite38

pipporobby

Apr 14, 2008
hello, can you tell me if moving to Europe this device will work also on European 3G UMTS 900/2100 ? Thanks a lot

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
hello, can you tell me if moving to Europe this device will work also on European 3G UMTS 900/2100 ? Thanks a lot
Moving to europe has no barring at all- Once you unlock your Phone you can use it with any GSM provider in the world including Europe just switch out the sim Cards with the european SIM

The technology has not changed for 3G phones are still capable of the same frequencies its just 4G is now being used more common in the US depending on your carrier of-course either HSPA or LTE or WIMAX in the US but in Short to answer your question YES it will work

Have fun in Europe

droidboy29

Nov 3, 2010
Detroit, MI
Still no luck Ive tried it over and over the only numbers that I find that are on more than one line is 0123456789 and I doubt that is my unlock code. And I followed the instructions to the "T" Why is this not working? Also you said 2 to 10 results below and I get 160 results every time.

Last edited:

sanfranx415

Nov 13, 2010
@Droidboy quick question did you try using any galaxy s unlock app from the market if you did and they alter your original files that came with your phone thus causing a different bak file to be outputed when you do the terminal commands as stated. You should revert if possible with the same program used or PM me and send me your bak file to see if I can help

nwpro3

Feb 16, 2011

1.) Press - Ctrl + F
A window should open up

the code is visible right after this, 8 digit code. For me it was repeared 9-10 times in the file.

Good luck
I followed these instructions after I downloaded the .bak file, used the CTRL+F to find the first instance then used F3 (Find Next) to find the other places where the code is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***** IMPORTANT ROOT IS REQUIRED BEFORE PROCEEDING *****

***** ALSO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ACTUALLY APPLYING STEPS *****

All right ladies and gentlemen, coders and non coders I have personally found the unlock code NOT THE FREEZE CODE only the unlock code for your Samsung Galaxy S 4G hidden in the same files as previous Vibrant phones.

Please understand this was a hard complex and still needs work procedure.

Of-course this all depends on your dedication and time but hopefully I have simplified it for you.

Steps:

1. Install "010 Hex editor" you can use trial does not have to be registered

2. Go to your SGS 4G and open a terminal emulator (free on the Market) - (Root Required)

The following steps are credit to SS2006 on a different post

*** Dont forget the (su) command *** after the second line
    _____

after opening a terminal emulator type the following

cd /dev/block <enter>
    su <enter> <at this point your phone will ask for superuser access ALLOW it if you already havent done so>
    dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/bml3.bak <enter>

Go find the file on your SD Card and transfer it to your computer

3. Open 010 Hex Editor

4. In 010 Hex Editor go to the Menus above and select VIEW>LINEFEEDS>SELECT CUSTOM>SET YOUR BYTES TO "32" Nothing Less

5. Locate the bml3.bak file you created and transfered to your computer and open it using the editor

(CREDIT TO FR0Z3N FOR CLARIFYING THE FOLLOWING 2 STEPS)

6. Using your keyboard select CRTL+F to search for a hex string, when the search window pops up select "Hex byte" in the Type field and then search for the following string below:

"FFFFFFFFFF0100000000" ALL TOGETHER, Then Hit the FIND ALL button to the right, some of you will get 2 results and others up to 10 results on your screen below

7. If you look at your Hex editor there are 3 window panes on the selected line (See Image Below)

e.g 4CCC60h <-- Offset
    01 01 01 01 < -- Hex Keys
    yyyyyyyyy <- ASCII text where your code is

h.t .t p / / i1201.photobucket . com /albums/ bb359/sanfranx415/unlock.jpg

8. Go through each result from the above search and you will see on the 3rd window pane (as shown on pic above) after the hex keys there is an 8 DIGIT CODE (Write this code Down) this is your unlock code NCK for your phone

Sidenote: THIS 8 DIG CODE SHOULD SHOW ON AT-LEAST ONE MORE RESULT CHECK ALL YOUR RESULTS FROM THE SEARCH ABOVE IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ( SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE YOUR CODE SHOWN AT-LEAST 2 TIMES AND SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE THE CODE SHOW MORE THAN 4 TIMES BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT MANY RESULTS )

**** TO INPUT THE UNLOCK NETWORK CODE DO THE FOLLOWING ****

9. Turn off your phone

10. Insert a foreign SIM card not attached to your current provider (e.g if you have T-mob use an ATT SIM CARD) and turn on your phone

11. You will be prompted to enter a Network Unlock Control Key ( Use the code above that you wrote down and type it in your phone exactly)

12. After entering your NCK please hit Unlock or GO button and you should see a screen that says "network unlock successful" and your phone should go in the main screen after your phone has been unlocked.

THATS IT FOLKS HAVE FUN

PS> If you entered an incorrect code you must of entered the wrong code or wrote it down wrong please read carefully and verify the code matches the results from above in at-least more than one instance

SHOULD ANYONE NEED HELP PM ME AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP

personally my SGS4G has been rooted from day 1 and wi-fi tethering enabled and now it has been Unlocked
    ICS users!

FYI, I have discovered that on my SGS4G running AOKP / Team Acid ICS, following the procedure in OP (ie searching for FF FF 01 00 00) but instead checking the file /efs/root/afs/settings/nv_data.bin works fine.

Also, and I haven't bothered to check and see if it's as a result of being on a custom rom, but I'm able to use generic file explorers on Android like Ol File Manager (free from market) to just copy the file, no terminal hackery required. YMMV.

Thanks OP!

-K
    You can call up tmobile and tell them that you want to unlock your phone. They will ask for an email and the imei number. they will email you the instructions and unlock code. It's free and you dont need root access. for some phones, you may need a sim card from another carrier, but you can use one of your friends' if they are not on tmobile.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

1.) Press - Ctrl + F
    A window should open up

Good luck
    This seems like it doesn't work. If you go to line 157028 you end up at offset 4CAC60h which is nothing but zeros. And if you go to offset 4CCC60h, there's no 01010101 value.