[ROM] MIUI.US Kindle Fire 2.1.20 EVEN MORE NEW FEATURES

Search This thread

leech2082

May 7, 2010
htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.1.20

With new volume slider in pull down menu as well as options to change home screen grid

This is a community support ROM only!

Installation
1. Make sure you are rooted- If not then use Jcase's burrito root! Simple as 1 2 3
2. Put rom on the root of SD
3. Wipe system / Factory Reset/ Cache / Davlik
4. Flash the rom zip
5. Reboot

** what i have found is the boot animation may cycle twice before fully booting. Also after flash when you hit reboot sometimes it brings up the TWRP screen again. If that happens just hit reboot. Since there is not hard buttons on kindle we included Button Savior you will see if on the right side of screen by default

Pics

If you like what you flash please considering donating. Please if you do tell through paypal that you are donating to KINDLE so I can forward some money to the people below for their efforts as well.
DOWNLOAD HERE
http://goo.gl/wjjh6

There are people that need to be thanked

My wife for being patient with me during the time I couldnt get it booted and was a prick to be around
SuperKid {@superkid_tweets} - This mans a beast
|0xD34D| - This man is also a beast
Wdfowty {@Wdfowty}- Moral support and testing
All my fellow Miui.us founders
Cyanogen - Of course
Makers of Button Savior

As always thanks for visiting MIUI.US the best place to get your MIUI fix.!!!!!

Last edited:

gamy2121

Jun 19, 2010
does everything work?

Wifi, sound etc..?

NVM must of missed that line when I read it the first time...my bad

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty
About to give this a go. I'm sure he will update the OP guys......

Stand by. OP says everything working but themes and video.

Last edited:

DeerSteak

Jul 25, 2011
I can't figure out how to invoke button savior - i see the little tab on the side but i can't get it to pull out. Suggestions?

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
installed it, not bad at all. first glance just a few graphical glitches. when I open a app like settings, the notification bar looks almost covered, and a few keyboard layouts were odly colored. very nice work sofar. I couldn't get it to connect to wifi but that could be cuz I tethering off my phone. but I already adjusted the settings to make it work, shrug. good job so far tho

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Last edited:

wmaung20

Jul 17, 2010
Amazon Video

Hi,
Is it possible to watch Amazon Video with this ROM? Or any alternative way to get Amazon video?
I just rooted my Fire and when I want to use video, I use OTA root keeper.
I like MiUi rather than MC7 stock and hesitate to install to void my amazon prime video streaming. Thanks in advanced.

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
installed it, not bad at all. first glance just a few graphical glitches. when I open a app like settings, the notification bar looks almost covered, and a few keyboard layouts were odly colored.
the notification bar glitches is an issue with MiUi. the nook Colorado has the same glitch at 160 density.

rukin5197

Jul 26, 2011
the notification bar glitches is an issue with MiUi. the nook Colorado has the same glitch at 160 density.

Haha. Typo ;)
But, im seeing the keyboard issue and statusbar issie as i am typing this. Havent tested much, but i know that a few apps force close before even opening.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

DeerSteak

Jul 25, 2011
Just tap it, should work (does for me)

Had to re-wipe data, in case anyone else has this problem. Thanks for the clarification. :D

Edit: I don't think the accelerometer is working, either. Rotation isn't working, even when I turn on the 180-degree option.

Last edited:

deano0714

Sep 9, 2010
Themes should be fixed by adding init.d support into the kernel :)

Type this into a terminal emulator... Its a temporaray fix.... But hasnt been tested yet..

su
exec /system/etc/init.d/06defaulttheme

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Last edited:

irishmyles003

Aug 17, 2010
Ok I installed no problems, few graphical glitches like in the browser( no biggie though).

My issues and observations and maybe I can be corrected:

-Cannot access MyApps in the Market.
EDIT: Nevermind, by pushing the app drawer icon on the right hand side on Button Savior that resolved it.

-You can download facebook, twitter, maps, most all apps from the market.

-Video plays from Netflix, although their does appear to be a 1 or 2 second delay between audio and video.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.1.20

With new volume slider in pull down menu as well as options to change home screen grid

This is a community support ROM only!

Installation
    1. Make sure you are rooted- If not then use Jcase's burrito root! Simple as 1 2 3
    2. Put rom on the root of SD
    3. Wipe system / Factory Reset/ Cache / Davlik
    4. Flash the rom zip
    5. Reboot

** what i have found is the boot animation may cycle twice before fully booting. Also after flash when you hit reboot sometimes it brings up the TWRP screen again. If that happens just hit reboot. Since there is not hard buttons on kindle we included Button Savior you will see if on the right side of screen by default

Pics

If you like what you flash please considering donating. Please if you do tell through paypal that you are donating to KINDLE so I can forward some money to the people below for their efforts as well.
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    http://goo.gl/wjjh6

There are people that need to be thanked

My wife for being patient with me during the time I couldnt get it booted and was a prick to be around
    SuperKid {@superkid_tweets} - This mans a beast
    |0xD34D| - This man is also a beast
    Wdfowty {@Wdfowty}- Moral support and testing
    All my fellow Miui.us founders
    Cyanogen - Of course
    Makers of Button Savior

As always thanks for visiting MIUI.US the best place to get your MIUI fix.!!!!!
    Fixes for what u guys report are In the works. Thank u for mentioning them
    We did this with.only 3 people actually using the fire. For the guy who shrugged at my build. Well look buddy I'm waiting on yours if u wanna do better feel free
    Days get spent for your shrug then u know what. Stick stock or cm maybe that's best for u
    For all others stay tuned we are not finished.. and btw for the shrugger we got video working !
    Yeah sites down for a little while. We got a lot of things going on behind the scenes. I'm getting a section on server set us specifically for kindle and other device releases.. it will be back up soon
    Uploading to mediafire now, will post linke when done.

EDIT: Removed link per OP asking indirectly :) Gonna reflash and check out video playback.
    Themes should be fixed by adding init.d support into the kernel :)

Type this into a terminal emulator... Its a temporaray fix.... But hasnt been tested yet..

su
    exec /system/etc/init.d/06defaulttheme

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium