SIM card issue is back

Search This thread

wildbillc

Did the update a couple of days ago and now the SIM card will not read. Took it to Verizon and asked if the update had anything to do with this issue and they looked at me with a blank face...so now I pose the question...
Does anyone else have SIM card issues? I have a warranty replacement on the way but thought I would ask to see if there is a real issue or just a random SIM slot failure.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Did the update a couple of days ago and now the SIM card will not read. Took it to Verizon and asked if the update had anything to do with this issue and they looked at me with a blank face...so now I pose the question...
Does anyone else have SIM card issues? I have a warranty replacement on the way but thought I would ask to see if there is a real issue or just a random SIM slot failure.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Permanent solution is to get a new Sim tray from HTC. They made a thicker one and if you contact their support and ask for it they will send you one out for free. Then you won't get any Sim card errors anymore.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seeingwhite

Aug 30, 2010
Permanent solution is to get a new Sim tray from HTC. They made a thicker one and if you contact their support and ask for it they will send you one out for free. Then you won't get any Sim card errors anymore.

This. And they will send it for free and without hassle. Mine came in about a week.

Tapatalk

desheh

Jan 15, 2010
As long as you live in the US.. They weren't very cooperative with sending it abroad.. But mine is on the way now

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

kent c

Apr 28, 2010

I put tape on the back of mine and haven't had an issue since. It's a good temp solution while you wait on the new tray.