Bluetooth headsets and I-mate

Search This thread

Cheesy Dave

Dec 16, 2003
Hi, can someone help ? I've tried a bluetooth headset Jabra 250 and also a Sony HBH-35 with a I-mate.

I can get them to bond and also identify as default headset but I can't transfer a incoming or outgoing call to the headset.

I've also done several soft resets and no improvement.

Any ideas ? do I need a new upgrade or something.

Other than this small problem, I'm very happy. I have also success with the Sandisk wifi SD card.

Thanks for any tips, Dave :D

GuardianZX9

Dec 6, 2003
Cincinnati
Moto G Power
how are you bonding the headsets?

on my hbh-60 I have to hold the button in for a few seconds
on first powerup to get it into discoverable mode(red/green LED flash)

Then search for it with the XDA/MDA/iMate

I have had no issues with bonding.

What version iMate are you running?
G

Cheesy Dave

Dec 16, 2003
Hi,

I'm not sure what information about versions is needed to help resolve this problem but:

ROM version 1.03.00 USA
ROM date 09/24/03
Radio version 1.05.12
Protocol version 1337.12
ExtROM version 1.03.20

When these are not up-to-date where do I get the current ones from ?

Thanks, Dave

sonadt

Dec 13, 2003
Have you turn on the bluetooth headset mode (one item on the default today screen, not the bottom right icon)

jonburge

Dec 17, 2003
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have been using the Jabra bt200 for a while now. The problem is, everytime you turn bt200 off, you have to rebond again. It also works a bit differently. Once bonded, it automatically transfers to headset on dialout. For received calls, you still have to use the headset button. I am looking for another headset that won't require constant rebonding.

Cheesy Dave

Dec 16, 2003
Hi, thanks again for the tips.

NOW the HBH headset works. I put the "profile" option back in the Today display and then checked everything again.

Then I tapped on the headset profile on the today screen - this turned it off. Then, I tapped again to turn it on.

Now the headset works fine !

I'll try again later with the Jabra.

Thanks - Dave :D :D :D

olliesshop

Dec 28, 2003
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Thanks Much !!!

Just wanted to thank this forum and this thread. I just got a HBH-65 yesterday and could get it to bond ok, but it still wouldn't work. It turned out to be not having the "Profile" shown on my Today screen. I placed it back on the Today screen and enabled it and it works great now.

:D THANKS MUCH GUYS !!! :D