QYOBZ

Phone Specs:
Hardware : MT6575
Model : O+_8.7_Android
Build number : Oplus_A100ALPS.GB2.MP.V2
Build date UTC : 20120706-085741
Android v : 2.3.6
Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V13.P1, 2012/04/27 18:49
Kernel v : 2.6.35.7 (queen@xyw2) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 Fri Jul 6 16:56:36 CST 2012

Rooted via unsecured boot.img
and successfully flashed ClockWorkMod Recovery.

We need to modify the stock boot.img of the phone because it is "impossible" to root the device that has "ro.secure=1" setting in the boot.img , that is the reason why we need to modify the stock boot.img to have an "ro.secure=0"

If you are able to flash the modified boot.img to the phone.
ANY ROOTING METHOD will do, like
superoneclick, unlock me, or any exploit that uses ZergRush

take note that O+8.7 is MT6575

just follow instructions here if you want how to modify your own stock boot.img
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?n3m5ei65dn2qckx

Im not responsible for any damage that may be incured. im just sharing. I hope you understand.

The Easy Way:
If you want to use my modified boot.img. follow the succeeding instructions.
If you already have other versions of the softwares that are provided. Please Do not use them.
Use only provided software versions given to avoid conflict.
1) Download MTKXX_preloader_driver from attachment and install.[IMPORTANT]

2) Download boot.rar extract it and make sure you have boot.img file

3) Download MT6573_Android_scatter.txt
*As you can see, the scatter file is for MT6573, just ignore this, the important thing is the contents inside the file.

4) Using SP_Flash_Tool_v2.1134.00 load first the scatter file provided.

5) From the checkbox below, choose boot and browse for the boot.img provided.
*Make sure you selected the boot.img that is provided or else your phone might end up in a boot loop.

6) make sure to enable debugging mode in your mobile then turn it OFF.

7) Click download and plug in your O+ 8.7 to PC.

8) Then wait for download until you see the green circle.

9) Reboot phone

10) try SuperOneClick v2.3.3 ShortFuse.zip, or any rooting tool you are comfortable with.

CREDIT GOES TO SYMBIANIZER (ARIELANNE)

IF I HELP YOU WITH THIS... JUST A SIMPLE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON... WILL GLADLY APPRECIATED!

Attachments

• MT6573_Android_scatter.txt
    384 bytes · Views: 3,975
  • MTKXX_preloader_driver.part1.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 3,308
  • MTKXX_preloader_driver.part2.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,799
  • MTKXX_preloader_driver.part3.rar
    991.7 KB · Views: 1,821
  • boot.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,428
Last edited:

QYOBZ

Additional Information

If you have troubled with the USB driver for your device download this and extract it. Put in the place where you can easily find it.
On your computer go to device manager and look for the USB device that have yellow exclamation point.
Right click it and update, choose browse and look for your previously downloaded USB driver and install it.

Link http://www.4shared.com/rar/0MvyztbR/usb_driver_MT65xx_Android_ZTE_.html

Credits of this to numer and symbianizers.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirakuro1122

HaleCaezar

Jan 2, 2013
OPLUS 7.1 Tab

Has anyone tried rooting their OPlus Tab 7.1? Mine's new so I'm still reluctant to do it. Will definitely ruin the warranty.

Just need to know if someone has successfully done that so I can root mine once the warranty is expired.

JuicyKa

Jan 6, 2013
General Santos City
WORKING

Just rooted my phone yesterday...

What I did is that I just follow those given steps stated above but you really have to be careful because it might not work properly..

it is said in the step #6 that you must enable usb debugging to do this you have to go to:

SETTINGS >> APPLICATION >> DEVELOPMENT >> USB DEBUGGING (enable) and TURN OFF YOUR MOBILE PHONE.

step #7 Click DOWNLOAD FIRST and wait for the message in the bottom right said: PLEASE INSERT USB CABLE you will be given a 14sec time so you really have to insert the cable fast. After this step you will see the yellow bar to download and after that you will see the green box for successful confirmation.

try to reboot your phone and turn it on.

after this you can now root your phone but I suggest you use the SuperOneClick v2.3.3 ShortFuse.zip.

(z4root and universal androot is not applicable. I tried this 2 kind of root apps already.)

Just ENABLE USB DEBUGGING, insert your USB CABLE to the computer.

Download superoneclick from any site make sure to extract the files open it and you will see an ANDROID ICON with superoneclick.exe run the application then a box will appear.

Go to ADVANCE and click SEARCH DRIVERS then the USB DRIVER for O+ 8.7 will automatically download.

After that go to basic then click ROOT SHELL or SHELL ROOT. Then, click the ROOT. Systems from your mobile device will be seen. Wait for the box to be shown saying that your phone is successfully rooted. If you are in doubt you can do it again, repeating the same steps but don't repeat for the usb driver to download.

Reboot your phone. Turn it on and you will see superuser downloaded to your system application. If your still in doubt if your phone is rooted or not download ROOT CHECKER in your phone. Install the apps, run it and click the CHECK NOW. ROOTED will be shown in the status section.

Congratulations! Your phone is rooted!

If your not 100% sure of rooting your phone try to keep this for future use after the warranty of your phone expires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Opus8.7

QYOBZ

AGREED

just rooted my phone yesterday...

what i did is that i just follow those given steps stated above but you really have to be careful because it might not work properly..

It is said in the step #6 that you must enable usb debugging to do this you have to go to:

Settings >> application >> development >> usb debugging (enable) and turn off your mobile phone.

Step #7 click download first and wait for the message in the bottom right said: Please insert usb cable you will be given a 14sec time so you really have to insert the cable fast. After this step you will see the yellow bar to download and after that you will see the green box for successful confirmation.

Try to reboot your phone and turn it on.

After this you can now root your phone but i suggest you use the superoneclick v2.3.3 shortfuse.zip.

(z4root and universal androot is not applicable. I tried this 2 kind of root apps already.)

just enable usb debugging, insert your usb cable to the computer.

Download superoneclick from any site make sure to extract the files open it and you will see an android icon with superoneclick.exe run the application then a box will appear.

Go to advance and click search drivers then the usb driver for o+ 8.7 will automatically download.

After that go to basic then click root shell or shell root. Then, click the root. Systems from your mobile device will be seen. Wait for the box to be shown saying that your phone is successfully rooted. If you are in doubt you can do it again, repeating the same steps but don't repeat for the usb driver to download.

Reboot your phone. Turn it on and you will see superuser downloaded to your system application. If your still in doubt if your phone is rooted or not download root checker in your phone. Install the apps, run it and click the check now. Rooted will be shown in the status section.

If your not 100% sure of rooting your phone try to keep this for future use after the warranty of your phone expires.

very well said.....

ericordas

Jan 18, 2013
no signature was present in the subject

What I did is that I just follow those given steps stated above but you really have to be careful because it might not work properly..

it is said in the step #6 that you must enable usb debugging to do this you have to go to:

SETTINGS >> APPLICATION >> DEVELOPMENT >> USB DEBUGGING (enable) and TURN OFF YOUR MOBILE PHONE.

step #7 Click DOWNLOAD FIRST and wait for the message in the bottom right said: PLEASE INSERT USB CABLE you will be given a 14sec time so you really have to insert the cable fast. After this step you will see the yellow bar to download and after that you will see the green box for successful confirmation.

after this you can now root your phone but I suggest you use the SuperOneClick v2.3.3 ShortFuse.zip.

Download superoneclick from any site make sure to extract the files open it and you will see an ANDROID ICON with superoneclick.exe run the application then a box will appear.

Go to ADVANCE and click SEARCH DRIVERS then the USB DRIVER for O+ 8.7 will automatically download.

After that go to basic then click ROOT SHELL or SHELL ROOT. Then, click the ROOT. Systems from your mobile device will be seen. Wait for the box to be shown saying that your phone is successfully rooted. If you are in doubt you can do it again, repeating the same steps but don't repeat for the usb driver to download.

Reboot your phone. Turn it on and you will see superuser downloaded to your system application. If your still in doubt if your phone is rooted or not download ROOT CHECKER in your phone. Install the apps, run it and click the CHECK NOW. ROOTED will be shown in the status section.

Sir, it says that "No signature was present in the subject" what does it mean? please help me im on the verge of rooting my O+ 8.7 Thanks!

Attachments

• ninini.JPG
    ninini.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 349

JuicyKa

Jan 6, 2013
General Santos City
Sorry for the late reply

Sir, it says that "No signature was present in the subject" what does it mean? please help me im on the verge of rooting my O+ 8.7 Thanks!

is the unlooking of your phone have been successful? if yes go to ADVANCE then click the search for USB DRIVERS. If you are done with this go to GENERAL and click the ROOT SHELL first then the ROOT.

Last edited:

ericordas

Jan 18, 2013
is the unlooking of your phone have been successful? if yes go to ADVANCE then click the search for USB DRIVERS. If you are done with this go to GENERAL and click the ROOT SHELL first then the ROOT.

yes sir i already tried that one kaso nalabas padin ung msg na "no signature was blah blah blah" tapos i try to ignore that para ma continue ung rooting, suddenly mag hang na sya tapos un na...

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

yes sir i already tried that one kaso nalabas padin ung msg na "no signature was blah blah blah" tapos i try to ignore that para ma continue ung rooting, suddenly mag hang na sya tapos un na...

sir the same pa din sya no signature was present in the subject :crying:

ericordas

Jan 18, 2013
Woooo finally!

Finally I was able to root my O+ 8.7 if someone has the same problems as mine, try to download moborobo, thanks for the ones who helped and replied to my post! :victory::victory::victory::highfive::highfive::highfive::victory::victory::victory:

kirakuro2

Jan 22, 2013
Stock with rooting o plus 8.7

alright.. i tried rooting my phone.. but i got stock here.. please see attach file.. please help.

Attachments

• vooot.JPG
    vooot.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 154

kirakuro2

Jan 22, 2013

Alright.. i tried rooting o plus 8.7.. this is whre i got stock.. please help..

Attachments

• vooot.JPG
    vooot.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 51

kirakuro2

Jan 22, 2013
Steps i did in rooting o plus 8.7

I followed the steps which includes downloading the boot.img. Turning phone off and pressing volume up.. it started uploading but it didn't download.. i didn't see the green box.. instead a window that says an error.. (please see attached file)..

QYOBZ

did you follow the instruction carefully

Alright.. i tried rooting o plus 8.7.. this is whre i got stock.. please help..

try again from the beginning when you first read this thread from the start..

============================================================================================

IF I HELP YOU WITH THIS... JUST A SIMPLE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON... WILL GLADLY APPRECIATED!
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS SO YOU MAY CLICK THANKS BUTTON RATHER THAN THANK ME ON REPLY...

Reactions: kirakuro2

QYOBZ

have you insert the boot.img on your flash tool?

============================================================================================

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS SO YOU MAY CLICK
<<<<< THANKS BUTTON RATHER THAN THANK ME ON REPLY...

Reactions: kirakuro2

kirakuro2

Jan 22, 2013

What do you mean insert boot.img on flash tool? what i did is i click on the boot checkbox and inserted the boot.img... or you mean i should copy and paste boot.img on the folder of my flash tool? i tried both.. i get the same response.. I also tried holding the volume up while the red line is loading, also tried releasing the volume up but i still get the same response.. Is there any way? I really appreciate the response.. very...

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

I was thinking I should just factory reset my phone and try the rooting it but that would be my last resort.. as much as possible i don't want to start customizing my phone from the nothing.. I'll wait for possible solutions.. :)..

winksky

Feb 1, 2013
Preloader and DSP_BL needed please for Oplus 8.7 re-flashing...

To QYOBZ,

Can you provide me with proper Preloader and DSP_BL images for Oplus 8.7 android.?
Please, I really need help to those files because my back-up Preloader and DSP_BL images doesn't load up.
What should I do to load those 2 files properly?

I need it so that I can revive my bricked Oplus phone because I accidentally subjected the phone for Memory test when I used the SP Flash Tool. I used the same version of SP Flash Tool you have provided QYOBZ, can you help me with this please..!

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phone Specs:
    Hardware : MT6575
    Model : O+_8.7_Android
    Build number : Oplus_A100ALPS.GB2.MP.V2
    Build date UTC : 20120706-085741
    Android v : 2.3.6
    Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V13.P1, 2012/04/27 18:49
    Kernel v : 2.6.35.7 (queen@xyw2) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 Fri Jul 6 16:56:36 CST 2012

Rooted via unsecured boot.img
    and successfully flashed ClockWorkMod Recovery.

We need to modify the stock boot.img of the phone because it is "impossible" to root the device that has "ro.secure=1" setting in the boot.img , that is the reason why we need to modify the stock boot.img to have an "ro.secure=0"

If you are able to flash the modified boot.img to the phone.
    ANY ROOTING METHOD will do, like
    superoneclick, unlock me, or any exploit that uses ZergRush

take note that O+8.7 is MT6575

just follow instructions here if you want how to modify your own stock boot.img
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?n3m5ei65dn2qckx

Im not responsible for any damage that may be incured. im just sharing. I hope you understand.

The Easy Way:
    If you want to use my modified boot.img. follow the succeeding instructions.
    If you already have other versions of the softwares that are provided. Please Do not use them.
    Use only provided software versions given to avoid conflict.
    1) Download MTKXX_preloader_driver from attachment and install.[IMPORTANT]

2) Download boot.rar extract it and make sure you have boot.img file

3) Download MT6573_Android_scatter.txt
    *As you can see, the scatter file is for MT6573, just ignore this, the important thing is the contents inside the file.

4) Using SP_Flash_Tool_v2.1134.00 load first the scatter file provided.

5) From the checkbox below, choose boot and browse for the boot.img provided.
    *Make sure you selected the boot.img that is provided or else your phone might end up in a boot loop.

6) make sure to enable debugging mode in your mobile then turn it OFF.

7) Click download and plug in your O+ 8.7 to PC.

8) Then wait for download until you see the green circle.

9) Reboot phone

10) try SuperOneClick v2.3.3 ShortFuse.zip, or any rooting tool you are comfortable with.

CREDIT GOES TO SYMBIANIZER (ARIELANNE)

Additional Information

If you have troubled with the USB driver for your device download this and extract it. Put in the place where you can easily find it.
    On your computer go to device manager and look for the USB device that have yellow exclamation point.
    Right click it and update, choose browse and look for your previously downloaded USB driver and install it.

Link http://www.4shared.com/rar/0MvyztbR/usb_driver_MT65xx_Android_ZTE_.html

Credits of this to numer and symbianizers.
    WORKING

TOTALLY WORKS.. took out that preinstalled angry bird and fruit ninja game
    WORKING

mga sir any other way or easiest way to root this fone