BOUNTY (Working Cyanogen or AOSP Custom Rom)

Search This thread

jasonmastertech

Just as the title states...i'm starting a bounty, again, lol... to be awarded to the first developer(s) who can successfully provide a working daily driver custom rom for our Blu pure xl. The custom rom will be based from cyanogen mod, aosp, etc. And should be of lollipop or newer. To define what I consider a working daily driver...the rom should be stable with working camera, wifi, data, calls/text, bluetooth, and tether. (All other features should and/or will work as developement progresses) All donations will be paid via Paypal in USD to the winner(s) after our goal is achieved. Thank-you in advance to all that participate. ?

Updated: finger print and tap to wake need to work as well.

PLEDGES/ DONATIONS: Total= $285.00

jasonmastertech= + $50.00
mhajii210= - $50.00 cancelled.
ariot= + $25.00
unrealjay91= + $60.00
humanophile= + $50.00
jrodosaxo1190= +$100.00

Last edited:

mhajii210

Sep 19, 2011
I would also pledge $50, but only if the fingerprint reader would work as well as DT2W (double tap to wake) since I use both of those features extensively. Without those two features working, I would simply stick with the stock rooted ROM.

Last edited:

acheron1502

Apr 27, 2009
MI
I attempted to build CM12.1 and CWM Recovery last night ... will not boot ROM or Recovery.

Back to the coding terminal >_<

acheron1502

Apr 27, 2009
MI
Is CM dependent on cwm?

Not dependant, but uses some of the same setup files. Recovery build faster so it's easy to test your mk files that way.

CWM recovery is actually not being developed anymore... Replaced with CM recovery with less options.

I was able to get CM recovery to build and boot last night, so I'm going to attempt a full CM 12.1 build tonight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good News Everyone...

CM12.1 Boots! :victory:

ROM boots into the stock launcher and I can launch the built-in apps.

Right now there is No Audio, No WiFi, No Bluetooth, and No Cellular Data.
    @root-expert and I are trying to get this all working for you guys. We appreciate your patience.

:cool:
    Today's update:
    - We got rild working, but still no data.
    - My IMEI info is recognized, but SIM card is not.

I am going to look at BT and wifi later tonight if possible.

Sent from my PURE XL using XDA-Developers mobile app
    First Successful Build of CM 12.1 (Android 5.1.1)

Kicking off build #8 right now :fingers-crossed:

HOLY CRAP it compiled :victory:

Backing up now and testing it on my phone ...

================================
    UPDATE 1
    well this is not fun ...

I switched over to using the CM Recovery that was built with the ROM, wiped data/system/cache, sideloaded CM ROM ... but it will not boot!

I also cannot get back to Bootloader mode to "fastboot flash" my TWRP recovery and restore my backup ...

Attempting to make update.zip of my TWRP to flash using this CM Recovery ... hope I can get it back ...

===============================
    UPDATE 2

got my TWRP back and was able to restore my backup ... there was a "Reboot to Bootloader" option in that CM Recovery that I overlooked before *whew*

back to the drawing board on this CM ROM ...
    So a funny thing happened today while testing...

After flashing a boot.img and changing build.prop around... My phone was not being recognized by ADB, Fastboot, nor mountable to PC, nor charging >_< It was also making this weird buzzing sound when hooked up to the charger :eek:

Flashed old boot.img ... nothing
    Restored TWRP backup ... nothing

After a few freak-out moments, I remembered about SP Flash Tool. Rebooted into Windows and was able to use SP Flash Tool to:
    - pull my whole Internal Storage partition out to an IMG file
    - restore stock partitions from my initial dump

Rebooted and everything was back to normal... charging, PC mount, ADB and Fastboot all working again.

Enough fun for one day. Bedtime now.

ROM Progress for the day
    - got SIM Card option in Settings to show, but still no data
    - no IMEI info, but now it recognizes that it has 2 SIM slots
    Update for all ... we are getting closer. We have a working CM Recovery now.

Next is to get a full CM 12.1 ROM built and tested. We are squashing build errors left and right.

6am and just now going to bed.