Looking for bible app... any christians here?

Search This thread

KDOG2020

Mar 5, 2011
I've been trying to find a Bible app on the market that actually downloads the WHOLE Bible. to the nook and doesn't need any wifi to work. I had one that had to download the next verse etc. from a server. FAIL. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bdcrim

Oct 27, 2010
I've been trying to find a Bible app on the market that actually downloads the WHOLE Bible. to the nook and doesn't need any wifi to work. I had one that had to download the next verse etc. from a server. FAIL. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings my friend. I don't know if you are looking for something paid or free. I use Cadre Bible. The app itself is free and several versions are as well. If you want NIV or NAS, you will have to pay. It is overall a really great app (daily reading schedules, lots of study tools, etc..). No wifi access is needed to read. I did have some issues with the initial install of the paid versions, but they have a great tech support staff via email that helps get things going. God bless you as you continue to pursue Him through His word.

Reactions: KDOG2020

jbcollins

Feb 22, 2011
I can suggest two: Both are excellent

AndBible
YouBible

Both have several versions of Downloadable Bibles. AndBible has commentary, and Strongs and some other extras like devotionals.

Forgot to mention that both are Free - the Bible versions are free in AndBible, YouBible has many free versions including NKJV.

Last edited:

onthedlo

Mar 11, 2011
+1 for YouVersion Bible app. FREE dwnloads of NASB and ESV, plus others! Also excellent interface.

Sent from my Nook Color (Froyo on eMMC) using Tapatalk

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
Another vote for the YouVersion Bible. It's great. And it is constantly getting updates that make it better and better.

Reactions: KDOG2020

KDOG2020

Mar 5, 2011
Ok I'm trying Cadre bible and the YouVersion for now. The YouVersion is the one I tried before that had to download every verse all the time but I tried it again and downloaded the ASV and NKJV and it seems to be working. Thanks everyone.

PMDColeslaw

Dec 3, 2008
Memphis
Ok I'm trying Cadre bible and the YouVersion for now. The YouVersion is the one I tried before that had to download every verse all the time but I tried it again and downloaded the ASV and NKJV and it seems to be working. Thanks everyone.

I use YouVersion daily, but I also like Bible.Is. It is an audio bible so you can listen to it on your headphones while you run or work (I have it on my phone too). It also has different voices for the different people speaking so it doesnt get boring listening to the stories being read.

sc37

Feb 20, 2011
I like the ESV Bible from Marketplace. It doesn't require a connection. I actually have started carrying the Nook to church instead of a hardcopy bible.

magicalsleeper

Jan 15, 2009
Phoenix
I use the YouVersion as well. Few months back they had NIV available for download for a short while. I sync that file to my phone as well to keep up on my "Bible in one year" goal. The reading plans are nice as is the live notes if your church is listed in it. :)

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Dadeeo

Jun 23, 2010
Bible

Give Cadrebible a real chance, it really shows its strength when you learn to use the bookmarks and notes tools along with custom coloring of the text attributes. It's my number one pick...

stinky634

Jan 20, 2010
Another vote for YouVersion. I usually just do the Bible in a year plan, although I am a few months ahead since I've had a lot of time at home lately.

I missed the NIV download, havent yet downloaded any of the availabl ones yet, but will soon if I remember.

Palmguy

Apr 24, 2010
YouVersion is great...I haven't seen a need for anything else. I've been using my Hero and now Evo for probably a year now instead of a physical Bible at church.

PMDColeslaw

Dec 3, 2008
Memphis
YouVersion is great...I haven't seen a need for anything else. I've been using my Hero and now Evo for probably a year now instead of a physical Bible at church.

I do the same thing. My pastor was in small group with us last week and he had to ask "does anyone have their bible? Mine ran out of batteries." lol

cwbowman

Apr 26, 2011
Youversion and Nook

Please allow me to ask a dumb question here.

Is anyone using the youversion Bible on their Nook? I don't see Nook as a supported platform on the youversion website. I see other Android devices mentioned in this thread and it is not obvious to me what apps are being used on what devices. I really like the youversion Bible and use it on my iPod and Droid but I would like a bigger screen.

Thanks

cama900

Apr 4, 2011
Ya! Im using it and it works great! nothing looks pixelated or anything, ita all crisp and clear. The downloadable versions also work. I havent found any problems with it so far :)

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
It wouldn't be as full featured as the apps but for the sake of more options you could get it from the nook shop. There are free and paid versions in the BN ebook store.

RavenII

Dec 4, 2006
Youversion has been great for me...I haven't really tried anything else...I did get to download the NIV when they had it. Although there are 2 NIV's available for download...

I might give Cadre a try...thanks for the tip.

Youversion comes in handy when you want to search something on the fly for bible study...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Greetings my friend. I don't know if you are looking for something paid or free. I use Cadre Bible. The app itself is free and several versions are as well. If you want NIV or NAS, you will have to pay. It is overall a really great app (daily reading schedules, lots of study tools, etc..). No wifi access is needed to read. I did have some issues with the initial install of the paid versions, but they have a great tech support staff via email that helps get things going. God bless you as you continue to pursue Him through His word.
    Another vote for the YouVersion Bible. It's great. And it is constantly getting updates that make it better and better.