App release: WingsNotify

Search This thread

saman-cz

Nov 30, 2005
Info:
WingsNotify is a small tool which notifies you on missed call or unread SMS by orange blinking of the right LED.
It is a tiny application and consumes very small amount of memory.

Version 0.3.2:
- fixed another bug in parsing command line

Version 0.3.1:
- fixed bug in parsing command line when only one parameter was specified

Version 0.3:
- added command line options to configure notifications - by default all notifications are enabled
* -nosms - disables unread SMS watching
* -nocall - disables missed call watching
* -noemail - disables unread emails watching
* -noreminder - disables active remider watching
- added notification of closing already running WingsNotify.exe instance

Version 0.2:
- added notification on missed reminders
- added notification on unread emails (unread emails from all email accounts together)

It works only on HTC S730 (Wings)

Installation:
Just download the file, copy exe to the device to the Windows\StartUp folder and run it directly or soft reset.

Download:
WingsNotify.exe (24k)
WingsNotify.zip (10k)

Last edited:

A.Bagatov

Dec 30, 2006
hey thanks so much for this app. but whats the difference to the app called dontforget 2.0?

saman-cz

Nov 30, 2005
WingsNoify is only one-purpose app , it will only notify by LED blinking - this is what i always missed on smartphones, pocketpc can do it because OS supports it, smartphones not.
DontForget (by the way, there is already version 2.50 beta of this app) does much more things. I know the author and i've already told him that he could add this blinking. I've used DontForget on my previous smartphone, Qtek 8310, cause i've not figured out how to force LED to blink in application.. Now, on the Wings, i found the way how to control LED, so i've written this.

A.Bagatov

Dec 30, 2006
Ok thanks for this useful app.

I'm really interested in creating little apps like this for our Wings. So u can u please tell me how u programmed ur little app? Which programs did u use?

Thanks

madferret

Dec 4, 2005
How do you stop it to uninstall?

I put it in the startup folder as suggested but can't delete it because it is running.

madferret

Dec 4, 2005
Thanks.

I realise now the simplest way to manage it would have been to put the .exe in its own folder then a .lnk shortcut in the Windows\Startup folder.

dilorenzo

Nov 8, 2005
Hello saman-cz,

Thank you for developing this great tool. i really like this feature on my blackberry and im now happy to use that on my smartphone too! :)

But would it be possible to enable notifcation for unread emails(Outlook)?

Thank you in advance

boggle

Sep 14, 2007
Is the previous version still available to download or is it possible to disable the new features by a command line parameter? I always have unread e-mails on my phone so the new version is no use to me unless I can disable the e-mail check.

Thanks.

saman-cz

Nov 30, 2005
Just open it with some text editor, e.g. built-in one in Total Commander, or Vieka Wordpad..