[Q] How to enable data toggle

Search This thread

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
Now that we have root, anyone figured how to enable data toggle?
Is there a way to do it without sqllite app ($2.99)?

I have sqlite app but it does not work it gives code 14 error with i try to open settings.db. From what I see others are saying its because of the stock kernel preventing settings.db from being access by sqlite. I am looking into it i'll let you know if I find out something.

yoonus

Jun 18, 2013
Morrisville
There is a way to do it posted in the Sprint forum.
I can confirm that it does work with the ATT variant.
I tried it and it works.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2732722
[MOD] Enabling "Hidden" Quick Tiles

*in the forum it tells you how to do it with another editor. (a free one)

I tried with SQLite Debugger app. I added MobileData and Data to the value.
The values are updated correctly.

After I reboot, I cannot see Mobile data toggle. I have also tried just adding MobileData. That too did not work

yoonus

Jun 18, 2013
Morrisville
SQLite Editor works

Thanks. I got 'SQLite Editor' and it worked.
After reboot, I was able to view MobileData in the toggles.

First time when you click the toggle, it brings up the setting page to enable Mobile data.
After that, it behaved as normal toggle.

I had tried below apps - But did not work.
sqlite Database Editor - This never completed loading Application database. Hence did not work
SQLite Debugger - I was able to modify settings.db. When I run the query again after reboot, I could see the modified value.
But toggle was never visible. After installing SQLite Editor, when I ran the query, MobileData was not there.
So I assume, SQLite Debugger never changed settings.db. I had system partition mounted as rw using root explorer.

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
Thanks. I got 'SQLite Editor' and it worked.
After reboot, I was able to view MobileData in the toggles.

First time when you click the toggle, it brings up the setting page to enable Mobile data.
After that, it behaved as normal toggle.

I had tried below apps - But did not work.
sqlite Database Editor - This never completed loading Application database. Hence did not work
SQLite Debugger - I was able to modify settings.db. When I run the query again after reboot, I could see the modified value.
But toggle was never visible. After installing SQLite Editor, when I ran the query, MobileData was not there.
So I assume, SQLite Debugger never changed settings.db. I had system partition mounted as rw using root explorer.

How did you do it? I tried but I keep getting code 14 error. Then I tried to copy the settings.db to SD card I was able to edit it without error. Then I copy it back to the original folder but then when I reboot it freezes at the att logo. I need help any idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

yoonus

Jun 18, 2013
Morrisville
good luck

How did you do it? I tried but I keep getting code 14 error. Then I tried to copy the settings.db to SD card I was able to edit it without error. Then I copy it back to the original folder but then when I reboot it freezes at the att logo. I need help any idea.

Please check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2732722
It has step-by-step on how to do with sqllite.

Also make sure you have /system mounted read-write before running the steps.

To bring back your phone back to life, please check other threads. Many people had issue S5 stopping at att boot logo. All those were related to enabling Ultra power saving mode.

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
Please check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2732722
It has step-by-step on how to do with sqllite.

Also make sure you have /system mounted read-write before running the steps.

To bring back your phone back to life, please check other threads. Many people had issue S5 stopping at att boot logo. All those were related to enabling Ultra power saving mode.

I did followed it step by step and i did not enable Ultra Power Saving Mode. Also my settings.db did not contain "notification_panel_active_app_list" but "notification_panel_active_app_list_for_reset"

Last edited:

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
I did followed it step by step and i did not enable Ultra Power Saving Mode. Also my settings.db did not contain "notification_panel_active_app_list" but "notification_panel_active_app_list_for_reset"
You remind me of me. You're making it much harder than it is.

If your're getting code 14 error, then you're probably using an older version of sqlite editor, or one of the other sqlites, if I'm not mistaken. And, you're not going to get too many suggestions on where to get apps free from around here.

Now, to bring your phone back, I recommend either using my guide, or the one in the ultra power save thread. But, you only need to flash the AP file in Odin if you don't want to factory reset your phone right away.

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
I am using the last sqlite editor 2.1.

Top Liked Posts