Web Video caster (app), similar to vGet

Search This thread

drivenby

Mar 8, 2012
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instantbits.cast.webvideo

Like the title says, it's basically like vGet, allows you to play embedded videos in some websites. Compatibility is not as good but the app is free and will probably improve.

In order to get it working correctly i had to select the "cast icon" inside the app and THEN, try to play a video. There's a small search like button to search for embedded video, if it doesn't start playing immediately. You should also try to select full screen mode, if the embedded video allows it.

Reactions: Asphyx and EarlyMon

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
Seems to work well, I like it.

Doesn't have the non-Chromecast features that vGet does, but if you don't want those, this just seems to work.

The disconnect doesn't work for me, but as you say, it's new.

Web link at the Play Store leads to the help page and you can contact the dev from there. That makes it all even easier.

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
I've chatted with the dev about the disconnect, he's using a Google library for that and will discuss with them.

That explains why this isn't the only app with the problem.

Nice guy, patient, and very responsive.

I've played with the app some more and I really like it.

If it's casting and you exit the app, it will recover where it was last, including the player timeline.

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
Yep it pretty much confirms that Google screwed the Poochle!

I think that the kindest way to describe Google is that genius comes at a price.

:D

And yes, I sent the reply from that same account.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395072789095.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395072789095.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
It's just the same old problem that MS now has...
At some point you just get too big to be able to handle proper support because there is no way to know who needs to get the report and even if you get it to a department who might know something about the problem, their stuff is good and some other arm of the company caused it and they have no clue who that is!

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
In this case, let's hope that they listen to the dev. :)

It's evidently not something that hits 100% of the time. My report was new to the dev here.

Anyway, I hope that Flash or flv containers get support at some point.

I rarely have a use for this sort of thing but would use it more if I could cast some of the news pages I come across and that's usually for wanting better sound.

Meanwhile, I keep my headset handy while I surf. :p :D

I did try an anime site that offered HD mp4 content (ad-supported, mainstream, not piracy, as a note to any passing mods) and it worked great. Some of the grandkids enjoy that, me too really, and the Netflix catalog is limited there. That site wants to open new tabs for videos and this app made it easy to keep track of where I was, tabs are supported.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
In this case, let's hope that they listen to the dev. :)

It's evidently not something that hits 100% of the time. My report was new to the dev here.

Anyway, I hope that Flash or flv containers get support at some point.

It depends on which "THEY" the dev gets to talk to...Was it the CCast OS team that screwed up? Was the SDK maintenance team? or was it Google Services team that changed something to break the system? I bet none of those teams even live in the same city let alone talk to each other much.

And don't hold your breath waiting for Flash or FLV anytime soon.
Even Adobe is refusing to support it anymore...Until everyone gets onboard for HTML5 Specs flash is going to be left out in the cold especially as far as CCast is concerned. I'm not even sure it can be transcoded properly.

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
And don't hold your breath waiting for Flash or FLV anytime soon.
Even Adobe is refusing to support it anymore...Until everyone gets onboard for HTML5 Specs flash is going to be left out in the cold especially as far as CCast is concerned. I'm not even sure it can be transcoded properly.
In addition to mp4 files, Kissanime has flv files wrapping H.264/AAC according to MX Player so for some of these I think it's a container issue rather than codecs. I suppose that the H.264 profiles could be different though.

Both of these are from the same site, the 480 one is flv, the second is an mp4 that casted.

Anyway, I don't expect flv support from anyone for all the reasons discussed. Just tossing out a wish.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395087923127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395087923127.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 393
  • uploadfromtaptalk1395087939862.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395087939862.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

k.bergmann2

Oct 19, 2010
Do you guys know if there is a similar extension for the desktop version of chrome?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

ETFoneHome

Jun 11, 2012
Works as described. Just need an app that can stream videos to CC from video sites and this is sweet and simple. Connecting and disconnecting from Chromecast seem to work fine.

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
fantastic app,it improves as time passes!in combination with bubblePnUp I am able to cast-stream movies to my smart tv with great result!

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
hello.with latest update,even with wifi wakelock enabled and screen permanently on,I have continuously disconections.anyone with same issue?I am on Marshmallow.thanks.

Στάλθηκε από το SGP611 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts