Install Cyanogenmod 11 on CANADIAN note 3

Search This thread

omega33333

Jun 25, 2011
How to install Cyanogenmod 11 hltexx or hltetmo on Canadian Note 3 N900W8
(in my case I already run Cyanogenmod 11 on my Videotron Note 3 since 3 weeks and it work like a charm.)

I am not responsible if something goes wrong with your device. If you don’t have knowledge in flashing and install a custom ROM don’t do this. Before to try to install Cyanogenmod 11, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE IN CWM RECOVERY.

1. The phone must be root
2. You must have CWM for N900W8 already install
3. Download the Cyanogenmod 11 htlexx or hltetmo and put the htlexx.zip or hltetmo.zip on you external SD card
4. Open htlexx.zip or hltetmo.zi go to META-INF>com>google>android
5. Open updater-script with the text editor of your choice
6. Remove all the following characters’: assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "hltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "hltexx"|| abort("This package is for \"hltexx\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););
7. Now the updater-script begin with the following characters; mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/bl etc etc
8. Now close and save updater-script file.
9. Restart the device in recovery
10. Make a full backup of your device
11. Wipe data/factory reset
12. Wipe cache partition
13. in advance option wipe dalvik cache
14. go back and go to install zip
15. go to choose zip from / external_sd
16. choose your file hltexx.zip or hltetmo.zip
17. choose yes _ install hltexx or hltetmo
18. When the installation is finish press go back and reboot now

Now the device will restart and stop at Cyanogen logo spin SO BE PATIENT THE PHONE IS AT IS FIRST BOOT WITH CYANOGEN 11 SO IT TAKE TIME TO INSTALL THE O/S (on my device it take 6 minutes so again BE PATIENT)

After the first boot follow the instruction and you are ready to use Cyanogenmod 11
on your Canadian Note 3.

Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Zerqz

Motokorth

Jul 25, 2012
(in my case I already run Cyanogenmod 11 on my Videotron Note 3 since 3 weeks and it work like a charm.)

I am not responsible if something goes wrong with your device. If you don’t have knowledge in flashing and install a custom ROM don’t do this. Before to try to install Cyanogenmod 11, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE IN CWM RECOVERY.

3. Download the Cyanogenmod 11 htlexx or hltetmo and put the htlexx.zip or hltetmo.zip on you external SD card
6. Remove all the following characters’: assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "hltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "hltexx"|| abort("This package is for \"hltexx\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););
7. Now the updater-script begin with the following characters; mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/bl etc etc
12. Wipe cache partition

Now the device will restart and stop at Cyanogen logo spin SO BE PATIENT THE PHONE IS AT IS FIRST BOOT WITH CYANOGEN 11 SO IT TAKE TIME TO INSTALL THE O/S (on my device it take 6 minutes so again BE PATIENT)

After the first boot follow the instruction and you are ready to use Cyanogenmod 11
on your Canadian Note 3.

Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!
I never had to do that with my D2att S3, so I am wondering, when you flash the next nightly would you have to go through the same steps of editing the script?

gitin

May 15, 2009
Cant do it with international note 3 ?

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

omega33333

Jun 25, 2011
Cyanogenmod on Canadian Note 3

1-Work on Canadian Note 3 N900W8 and maybe on any N900W8 all around the word.

2-Yes I have to edit this file because the Cyanogen guys don't take the time to do it so I cannot install Cyanogen without editing this file.

:cool:

jaycb420

Sep 4, 2013
I figured there had to be a way. t0lteatt worked for the note 2 without and edits. Was upset when hltetmo didn't work for note 3. Thank for your find. Will try tonight. The unofficial versions are also quite good.

Sent from my ZeroLemon powered N900W8 using W03SlimKAT v1 overclocked to 2.5ghz via Tapatalk 4

Zerqz

Nov 10, 2012
Alberta
zerqz.ca
Only way to remove it is by flashing a newer stock firmware/downgrading (possible on the w8) - or playing around. But no deleting everything won't remove it (unless you kill your SD card by microwave lol)

Learn something new everyday.
Thank you

Hey I guess I should ask too, is there a difference between the hltexx and hltetmo or are they both going to be the exact same? In reguards to running on the hltecan

Guys, just install the "hlte" version on the cm site.. http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hlte

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

12. Wipe cache partition

on your Canadian Note 3.

Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deleting everything on your phone doesn't remove it?

Only way to remove it is by flashing a newer stock firmware/downgrading (possible on the w8) - or playing around. But no deleting everything won't remove it (unless you kill your SD card by microwave lol)