[SOFTWARE GUIDE]**Odin Back To Stock**Retail Verizon S5 Firmware Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

beavermjr

Dec 29, 2009
Albany
Thanks, Misterxtc. I'll try flashfire instead of safestrap. I did see a thread about that. My question is this: Since I've been using the phone a few days since rooting KK, will moving to Lollipop, delete the apps and data? I'm wondering if I need to titanium backup my apps first. Ion second thought, I'll backup things just to be on the safe side.

SoccerRef12

May 17, 2012
Lampasas
Thanks, Misterxtc. I'll try flashfire instead of safestrap. I did see a thread about that. My question is this: Since I've been using the phone a few days since rooting KK, will moving to Lollipop, delete the apps and data? I'm wondering if I need to titanium backup my apps first. Ion second thought, I'll backup things just to be on the safe side.
TiBu doesn't work on SG5 with LP, for me anyway. You can use FF to back up and restore apps, but when moving from KK to LP it might be better to allow the Play Store to reinstall apps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

beavermjr

Dec 29, 2009
Albany
UI have not rebooted until today and am wondering if what I'm seeing is normal:

The splash screen that says Samsung Galaxy s5 powered by android, has a broken lock and the word custom under it.

After that screen disappears, I get a screen that informs me that safestrap has been disabled and that the system will boot in 10 seconds. I can either boot to recovery or continue. If I press the recovery button, I am taken to safestrap, else the phone boots as expected.

The phone has rooted 4.4.2 kitkat and functions normally. Is this to be expected or did I do something wrong when rooting?

The reason I'm asking is that I managed to get through installing rooted lp rom which failed, leaving phone with rooted kk.

A quick search told me that the custom message appears when APT is enabled instead of Delvic. I checked my developer settings and I'm on Delvic. what gives?

Edit: I uninstalled safestrap and the screen telling me that it has been disabled went away.

Last edited:

droodski

May 19, 2011
why are the download links so complicated? instructions says Download Odin and Verizon S5 Retail Tar
Out of the 10 links there is no download link labeled " Verizon S5 Retail Tar"

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
why are the download links so complicated? instructions says Download Odin and Verizon S5 Retail Tar

every file is clearly named...

you need to choose which firmware you want if you want to flash full stock...

he also broke down kernel only, modem only etc. some of the modems work with other firmware versions some do not.. plus with ss only working on kk* kernels, sometimes ppl need just the kernels..

i say hes done an awesome job with the repository.. i used it every day i had my vzw s5

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

fyi to answer your question:

1) choose the s5 retail tar you want be it ne9 or w.e.

2) if you have a regular s5 do not download a file that says dev ed

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

G

GuestK00143

I will not be updating this thread any further and will be closing the thread for discussion. Between the directions in the OP and questions in the thread there are more than enough answers and instructions. So to cut down on further clutter and complaints the thread is now closed. The files will remain so there is no need to repost them.

HellsGates

Jan 2, 2017
What do all the different files represent... ie NE9,NHA etc.... How do I pick the correct ROM for my device? Thanks

WhiteReign

Apr 15, 2011
I get a fail. I am Using ALL_VZW_G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar with Odin3 and "AP" Checked marked. Did I do some thing wrong? I am trying to get the phone back to stock to sell it. Thanks all!

SoccerRef12

May 17, 2012
Lampasas
Try the Verizon stock PB1 or PD1, LP vs MM, zip files. They are on my work laptop, so I can't tell you the exact file name, but you should be able to Google it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

painiac

Jan 20, 2011
I get a fail. I am Using ALL_VZW_G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar with Odin3 and "AP" Checked marked. Did I do some thing wrong? I am trying to get the phone back to stock to sell it. Thanks all!

You won't be able to flash that (NCG) unless the phone you're flashing to was still BOD5 or earlier. This is because BOE1 and later permanently prevent downgrading.

Reactions: dzvxo

seapancake

Jan 5, 2017
4.4 ROM with no bootloader

Sorry if this has been answered before, but does anyone have a link for the stock 4.4 ROM with no bootloader or one that will work with PB1? I'm trying to get my phone back to stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol "will this give us custom recovery" "will this trip knox counter" answer is no before ppl ask lmao. This is great to have though! i was lookin for a odin tar yesterday n here it is!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
    Hey guys,

I just did a quick cleanup here. Let's all remember to keep it civil and play nice.

Thanks!
    Rwilco12
    Wow, nobody bothers to do any reading of threads any more before posting questions. And don't expect anyone now to actually go searching for the answer when you direct them to it. You could tell someone their answer is in the OP of the first pinned thread in the Q & A section and they will respond with, "Link please." People have gotten so lazy, they can't even be bothered to follow those simple directions and instead want a direct link so they won't actually have to make the effort to go find the thread. SMDH.

I would say the reverse of this....everybody is so quick to jump down other people's throats without any understanding of their situation. Is so easy to insult others on a message board post. I did read the thread and ran multiple searches across various sites but did not understand why after an ODIN restore and multiple reboots, the unlock symbol was still showing. Subsequently, after I posted the question, I had done another reboot the unlock symbol disappeared. What I was trying to ascertain was whether or not anyone had experienced persistent unlock symbol.

Also, not to pile on but something to consider before you electronically b-slap someone, searching on tapatalk is not always simple and its easy to tell someone to read a thread that is multiple pages and hundreds of posts long. I always have to laugh when people say, read the thread, and the thread is 300 + posts, half of which is full of people's brain farts. Not that this thread was that long, but I am just making a point.

There is an old saying to think before you speak and I think many XDA members need to translate that across to think before you type.
    Sorry if this a noobish question, I've never used Odin. By repartition are you saying I can use this to make the system partition smaller and add more space to the rest of the system?

lol its not like a hdd in a pc.. itll basically reformat n repartition the drive like new i believe

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

You won't be able to flash that (NCG) unless the phone you're flashing to was still BOD5 or earlier. This is because BOE1 and later permanently prevent downgrading.