Search This thread

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
I had a few Requests to make a keyboard that resembles the Windows 7 Phone onscreen keyboard.

This keyboard Will skin every layout in your phone. (Stock htc keyboard only)
It will also require an aditional step other then just installing the cab, as the cab will only skin the layouts, it will not change the letters to white as seen in the screen shots..

You will need to download the file in the second post and follow all of the directions there to be able to have white letters.
If you wish to remove this cab, you will need to follow the steps again but with the other file to return your font to black.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DIRECTIONS
FIRST download the cab on this post, THEN follow directions on second post to get white text on your keyboard
Enjoy

DISCLAIMER!!!!
THIS HAS A POTENCIAL OF MESSING UP YOUR PHONE. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK

Last edited:

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
Here are the steps you need to follow inorder to get the text on your keyboard white rather then stock black.
Follow thees instructions exactly...

First, download the "White ezinputs.zip" at the bottom of this post.

Extract the folder inside of it and place it somewhere on your storage card.

Using total commander, navagate to that folder and click it.

Now, open the folder to see the file inside. (the file name should be 'ezinput.dll')

Now click right click it and hit 'Properties'

Uncheck all the boxes under attributes.
(just click on the check mark, and if you have to, click it again if it goes gray rather then dissapearing)

Click ok at the botom of your screen.

Now go to your windows directory.

Find the ezinputs.dll in your windows directory and do the same thing.

Hit ok when done

***If your ezinput.dll file in your \windows directory has the 'in ROM' box checked under the sttributes, then you can skip steps 4 and 7***

Rename the file in your directory to 'ezinputs2.dll'

Go back to the file on your sdcard and right click it and select 'copy/move'
then on the next window you have 4 choices
copy
move
tree
cancel

Select 'tree', then click on 'windows' (it should be the last item on that list of folders)

After that, it will go back to the window with the 4 choices mensioned above.

Select 'copy'
It might take a min to do this, just wait.

Once its finished there, soft reset.

After its started up, your keys should be white.

Go back into your windows directory and delete the 'ezinputs2.dll' file.

Reset again just to be safe.
That should take care of it.

If you want to return to black text, repeat thees instuctions with the black ezinputs zip. and dont skip any steps

Last edited:
Reactions: nuvens

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
ok....ill wait smtime !! :)
btw...cant the cab be made such so that !! its by default white and we dont have to do the copyign and all that stuff ?????

Files are up on post 2

It is technically possible.. Dinik did it by using another cab to overright the phones auto rejection response to an outside system file, such as the ezinput.dll file.

The problem with that is, you cant make the cab with the ezinput in it certified to be installed without that other cab.
You would just get a failure to install.
(sound familiar?)

It also cant be removed with out that other cab.
Also... you cant remove that other cab at all, you get an error from the phone saying it wasnt compleatly removed.
(go figure)

And if you just uninstall the cab, it wont remove the white text
You would be stuck with white text on your stock keyboard, or any other keyboard you try no matter what you did unless you follow my instructions.

So I think its better this way so that people can go back and forth and have an easily install/uninstall cab

Last edited:

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
i cannot rename my ezinput.dll as there is a check box in the attribute "in ROM" and I cannot change it :( any solution >>>???

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
i cannot rename my ezinput.dll as there is a check box in the attribute "in ROM" and I cannot change it :( any solution >>>???

you cant change that box.
But you should still be able to rename it.

I was able to even though the 'inRom' box was checked.
That simply means that if anything happens to that file, it can pull it from the rom and return it to normal.
But it doesnt work in my experience.

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
you cant change that box.
But you should still be able to rename it.

I was able to even though the 'inRom' box was checked.
That simply means that if anything happens to that file, it can pull it from the rom and return it to normal.
But it doesnt work in my experience.

when I rename it !! and i click outside...it still doesnt change !!
i hope i am doing it right ! havent used TC in a long time !

Reactions: aedon

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
when I rename it !! and i click outside...it still doesnt change !!
i hope i am doing it right ! havent used TC in a long time !

OK, I figured it out.
I just formatted my phone and tried it and your right.
The name wont change, but no worries, that just means that the stock file is in your phone still. Thats a good thing.
It makes the process a bit eisier actually.

You just have uncheck the attributes for the file in your storage card, and then copy it to your \windows directory and then soft reset your phone.

Thats it

I revised the instructions if you want to take a look at it again.

Only after that stock file has been tampered with will my original guide work.
I had originally made that guide for someone who had used diniks anastasia keyboard and he was stuck with white text over my other keyboard skin and he asked if there was a way to fix it.

So the guide was written for people who already had white text, so the file was already tampered with and not stock, wich is why it had to be done that way

Sorry about that. :p

Last edited:

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
OK, I figured it out.
I just formatted my phone and tried it and your right.
The name wont change, but no worries, that just means that the stock file is in your phone still. Thats a good thing.
It makes the process a bit eisier actually.

You just have uncheck the attributes for the file in your storage card, and then copy it to your \windows directory and then soft reset your phone.

Thats it

I revised the instructions if you want to take a look at it again.

Only after that stock file has been tampered with will my original guide work.
I had originally made that guide for someone who had used diniks anastasia keyboard and he was stuck with white text over my other keyboard skin and he asked if there was a way to fix it.

So the guide was written for people who already had white text, so the file was already tampered with and not stock, wich is why it had to be done that way

Sorry about that. :p

yep....works...thanks again...:)

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
to give it a more realistic appeal...i replaced the key click sound with the original WP7 key click sound !!! :D:D:D ! sooo kool !

backlashsid

Jul 26, 2009
New York
I never have the key tap on so I woudnt know the different lol.
And for that matter Ive never used w7p so I made this keyboard based only on that picture you sent.

you can take a look at some of the WP7 review videos !! and btw the title should be

Aedon's FULL WP7 Keyboard Skins

and if you have time to make a White Keyboard !! (which I think you should :D) here are some reference photos !!!

520079d1304098095-color-keyboard-wp7-keyboard-portrait.jpg

5671218581_be6a3a247c.jpg

Last edited:

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
you can take a look at some of the WP7 review videos !! and btw the title should be

Aedon's FULL WP7 Keyboard Skins

and if you have time to make a White Keyboard !! (which I think you should :D) here are some reference photos !!!

520079d1304098095-color-keyboard-wp7-keyboard-portrait.jpg

5671218581_be6a3a247c.jpg

It wouldnt be to hard to make a white one from here. Id just have to invert the images.
But theres some areas that the text is already white, like the page up and down areas that I cant change so they will be the same color as the keys under them unfortunatly.

Other then that, 6.5 and 6.5.x doesnt have a designated smily key so I dont have to worry about that.

lnando84

May 28, 2008
Allentown
Good **** bro!! I for one am glad to see all the progress your making!! Keep up the great work.. Oh and CONGRATS on making the front page portal again!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a few Requests to make a keyboard that resembles the Windows 7 Phone onscreen keyboard.

This keyboard Will skin every layout in your phone. (Stock htc keyboard only)
    It will also require an aditional step other then just installing the cab, as the cab will only skin the layouts, it will not change the letters to white as seen in the screen shots..

You will need to download the file in the second post and follow all of the directions there to be able to have white letters.
    If you wish to remove this cab, you will need to follow the steps again but with the other file to return your font to black.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DIRECTIONS
    FIRST download the cab on this post, THEN follow directions on second post to get white text on your keyboard
    Enjoy

DISCLAIMER!!!!
    THIS HAS A POTENCIAL OF MESSING UP YOUR PHONE. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK
    you are just acting dumb man...thats y...
    anyway...chal koi baat nahi !!:D

UKW? u r a kind of person who can only show his arse rather than thinkin' of somethin called portability since we all r workin' on the same platform WinMob. 6.5.x. If you really really understand a bit of English go over and read the comments all over again from the begginin' so that you will know amitheunlimited is trying to ask aedon to make his keyboard work for Garmin Asus nüvifone M10 oh wait? i dont think you know if that phone exists? and yes specifically u dont know if it runs WinMob 6.5.x well...then I'd suggest you to do some Googling and if that doesnt return you any results you can check this link.

Atlast I'd like to say please do not criticize young developers :) btw. if you really wanna hear anythin' I'd like to say dude u r the one who is dumb.

We dont need harsh comments to keep our work going on, we need people like aedon and amitheunlimited who know to find what isnt workin' n make it work for their devices and publish it to the world. :)

Hereafter, I'l seriously ask you to stop criticizing people or else we all will report you and get you out of this forum.
    Here are the steps you need to follow inorder to get the text on your keyboard white rather then stock black.
    Follow thees instructions exactly...

First, download the "White ezinputs.zip" at the bottom of this post.

Extract the folder inside of it and place it somewhere on your storage card.

Using total commander, navagate to that folder and click it.

Now, open the folder to see the file inside. (the file name should be 'ezinput.dll')

Now click right click it and hit 'Properties'

Uncheck all the boxes under attributes.
    (just click on the check mark, and if you have to, click it again if it goes gray rather then dissapearing)

Click ok at the botom of your screen.

Now go to your windows directory.

Find the ezinputs.dll in your windows directory and do the same thing.

Hit ok when done

***If your ezinput.dll file in your \windows directory has the 'in ROM' box checked under the sttributes, then you can skip steps 4 and 7***

Rename the file in your directory to 'ezinputs2.dll'

Go back to the file on your sdcard and right click it and select 'copy/move'
    then on the next window you have 4 choices
    copy
    move
    tree
    cancel

Select 'tree', then click on 'windows' (it should be the last item on that list of folders)

After that, it will go back to the window with the 4 choices mensioned above.

Select 'copy'
    It might take a min to do this, just wait.

Once its finished there, soft reset.

After its started up, your keys should be white.

Go back into your windows directory and delete the 'ezinputs2.dll' file.

Reset again just to be safe.
    That should take care of it.

If you want to return to black text, repeat thees instuctions with the black ezinputs zip. and dont skip any steps
    ya sorry, I was still working on typing up the guide

thats d only step left..please upload so i can fully transform it...nonetheless works and looks great !
    Liked this keyboard :) Thanks for developing this theme :).
    But this does not change the Phone Dialer keyboard?

Thanks.

No, it does not.

The dial pad is a compleatly different set of images Id have to redo.
    Ive had alot to do latly and havnt really had time to look into it, but as Ive looked around it seems that windows mobile development is dead :/

Its a bit discouraging lol

But just as a note, I didnt develop the theme, I just used it to make the skins :)