Rooting live WT19i 4.0.2.A.0.62 above without unlock bootloader for Noob

Search This thread

yusmiza

Jul 7, 2009
Johor

reigon

Apr 18, 2012
ok your problem solvee...

pressed 3 times ^^.... rlly appreciate ur help... now lets root it... i hope no problems with this one...

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

hey btw it says " MAKE SURE U INSTALLED ADB DRIVERS " whats that???

yusmiza

Jul 7, 2009
Johor
pressed 3 times ^^.... rlly appreciate ur help... now lets root it... i hope no problems with this one...

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

hey btw it says " MAKE SURE U INSTALLED ADB DRIVERS " whats that???

Adb driver already included...if not u cant flash firmware

Reactions: reigon

reigon

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks alot for the guide and help im done with .58 and root ^^ ima gonna update it when i get a wifi connection ^^

joshfire2007

Apr 2, 2012
Chennai
xdaforums.com
rooting lww

before i proceed i have few questions

1)can i able to update to ICS through PC Companion when it is available from SE officially

2)is it necessary to update 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware or leave it as it as (4.0.2.A.0.58)

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
before i proceed i have few questions

1)can i able to update to ICS through PC Companion when it is available from SE officially

2)is it necessary to update 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware or leave it as it as (4.0.2.A.0.58)

1) ICS will only be available via PC Companion/Sony Mobile Update Service.
2) .62 firmware includes some improvements for battery and memory, that are not in .58.

.58 firmware had problems with restarting, it was fixed in .62 firmware.

joshfire2007

Apr 2, 2012
Chennai
xdaforums.com
re rooting lww

1) ICS will only be available via PC Companion/Sony Mobile Update Service.
2) .62 firmware includes some improvements for battery and memory, that are not in .58.

.58 firmware had problems with restarting, it was fixed in .62 firmware.

@Someguyfromhell,

i flashed my phone using flash tool and successfully rooted using Doomlord toolkit

and my phone current firmware version is 4.0.2.A.0.58 and what

should i do next

do i need to update to 4.0.2.A.0.68 or install Cwm Recovery as it is described in

the main thread and what is the process of Cwm Recovery

UchihaDareNial

Feb 2, 2012
Seremban
@Someguyfromhell,

i flashed my phone using flash tool and successfully rooted using Doomlord toolkit

and my phone current firmware version is 4.0.2.A.0.58 and what

should i do next

do i need to update to 4.0.2.A.0.68 or install Cwm Recovery as it is described in

the main thread and what is the process of Cwm Recovery

OTA update your phone,the root will be keep and the OTA update will take only a few minutes while updating through PC Companion will take 30 minutes++...and after updated with latest firmware and root,you can do whatever you want with your phone...:D

Sent from my SK17a using xda premium

joshfire2007

Apr 2, 2012
Chennai
xdaforums.com
re rooting lww

OTA update your phone,the root will be keep and the OTA update will take only a few minutes while updating through PC Companion will take 30 minutes++...and after updated with latest firmware and root,you can do whatever you want with your phone...:D

finally updated my phone using wifi and i am glad to see that root is still there :)

can any tell me what is the use of Cwm Recovery

miniProBhashi

Apr 24, 2012
Kandy
Updating Problem for a NOOB GOD

my sk17i is a week old, it has 4.0.A.2.335 as the stock build. when i connect to the PC, the companion says that i have an update( i.e .62) i tried updating a several times but i couldn't. at the first time, i had over 60% of battery when i start to updating. but it all got drained off while the updating process is going on (when the green light is on-my connection got really slow while updating :( ) anyway i charged my phone fully when i do the next update. but then it says there has been an error while updating.

*is this happening because of what happened 1st?
*is this a better way to update my phone?
*do i have to root my phone to do this? ( if i root, my warranty goes off)
*my pc is a 2.4GHz runs on XP SP-2, is that a problem?

please good people help me on this matter!! :confused::confused:

UchihaDareNial

Feb 2, 2012
Seremban
my sk17i is a week old, it has 4.0.A.2.335 as the stock build. when i connect to the PC, the companion says that i have an update( i.e .62) i tried updating a several times but i couldn't. at the first time, i had over 60% of battery when i start to updating. but it all got drained off while the updating process is going on (when the green light is on-my connection got really slow while updating :( ) anyway i charged my phone fully when i do the next update. but then it says there has been an error while updating.

*is this happening because of what happened 1st?
*is this a better way to update my phone?
*do i have to root my phone to do this? ( if i root, my warranty goes off)
*my pc is a 2.4GHz runs on XP SP-2, is that a problem?

please good people help me on this matter!! :confused::confused:

Urghh Sony already stated that make sure your phone are fully charged while updating or else you will get a double trouble :rolleyes: well,if you can connect your phone to PC in Flashmode,flash a stock ftf using Flashtool for your phone... (sorry can't provide you the link,currently in my android) :D

miniProBhashi

Apr 24, 2012
Kandy
Well I am a super noob. I dont know how to flash even I have a flash tool and rest I can find I guess. But the burning problem for me is do I need to root my phone pal??

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Well I am a super noob. I dont know how to flash even I have a flash tool and rest I can find I guess. But the burning problem for me is do I need to root my phone pal??

No root needed.
Flashtool guide is in my tutorial, also you can find correct files from the tutorial(Downloads section, just download the firmware file for your phone).

miniProBhashi

Apr 24, 2012
Kandy
Many thanks to someguyfromhell. Well I've found a site that has the firmware. It takes forever to download even a 255mb file!! :-( my connection sux :-(
:-( i'l reffer your tutorials then.

jeti182

Jan 14, 2012
Budapest
So here's the problem.
The flashtool says can't find the drivers needed. But in the drivers folder there's an exe file, wich doesn't contain the drivers needed to W19 ... where can I get them?

yusmiza

Jul 7, 2009
Johor
So here's the problem.
The flashtool says can't find the drivers needed. But in the drivers folder there's an exe file, wich doesn't contain the drivers needed to W19 ... where can I get them?

easy way is to install sony pc companion..you can download from sony site.drivers included there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downgrade is the best way now.so just follow this steps:

Tool you Need : download all
    a: Flash Tool.Geit it here http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/

b: Firmware WT19i_4.0.2.A.0.58 .Get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmzpu9czf9ib4c

c: Rooting by Doomlord Get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18805532

d: Cwm Recovery.Get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?73xv18tht0e8zt4

Steps:
    1.Unzip firmware and put in flashtool firmware

2.Go to flashtool.Power off hp.and switch on with pressing volume down while connecting usb.You ll see green led.Flash firmware.And setup as 1st time you buy hp.

3.Extract Doomlord root kitt .Before root make sure usb debugging is tick and display screen timeout at hp set to 10 or 30 minutes. Run runme.bat.check whether superuser is there

4.Now.you must update to new firmware using update on air(OTA).In your hp,go to setting-about-software update.download and install.WARNING : DONT UPDATE USING PC COMPANION OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR ROOT

5.After update.Unzip cwm install and run the second file script for wt19i.install-cmw2.cmd.This proses like the 3rd step.Make sure usb debugging mode and displays screen timeout set to 10min

And done...u have newer version root firmware + cwm without unlock bootloader.Thank to doomlord and nobodyAtall

Press thank if you like my threat.
    So any other method than that other than unlocking the bootloader or flashing custom .62s? Too bad since mine doesn't have an OTA update because it tells that i'm on the latest fw although I have the .58 official stock rom. Been checking for days now.

I think it because of your firmware factor.Try reflashing using my method.Before this my newer firmware is. 69 after update but i downgrade using my method because i m losing root and now my newer firmware is. 62.maybe because csc.base on region.some of us get. .62 as new firmware and some got, .69 as latest firmware available .my method no need to unlocking bootloader or custom rom.its stock rom.
    I believe it's not...I just used DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit to root my phone and, afaik, it does not unlock bootloader?

Otoh, how can I check it?

Edit:
    Code:
    Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status --> Bootloader unlock allowed:Yes
    so I bet it's locked, right?

Yes, bootloader is locked. If it would be unlocked, it would show
    Code:
    Bootloader unlocked: Yes

Rooting does not unlock bootloader.
    i'm sorry i dont know how to update my phone via ota wat do you mean by ota? i'v done updating it before via pc companion but it disable my root, i'm trying to update via wifi but it says your phone is up to date.. do you have a tut for updating it via ota??tnx again..

Ota mean on the air.u can update from your own hp.without connecting to pc companion.u can update firmware by its own.go to your application in ur phone,find update center or go to setting,about,software update.make sure u connect to wifi cause its using bunch of data...i think u re not connect to wifi or good network data and thats why your get message that you already have new firmware because your update center cant connect to update server.
    If you have .58, then you don't have to flash again. Just root it and then make OTA update.

Over point 2, I disagree. To enter flashmode on WT19, just plug in USB cable to computer, turn off your phone, hold down Volume Down button and connect USB cable to your phone. Green LED shows up.

Tq someguyfrom hell...i mistake at 2nd step.yeah,just connect volume down button while connect usb...i m using sgs2 as another phone,thay why i forgot this threat is for se wt19.thank you fot that