Heavy Duty Cases

Search This thread

megatronisabeast

Apr 16, 2011
Got the Seidio Active case in and here are my thoughts:

As far as the case for the phone, it holds it real tight. No creaking, etc like there was with the otter box. Also it is much thinner. I would be more worried if I dropped it in the case although it still offers protection.

The belt clip is a much better design. No problems with it at all. Phone seems to sit nicely in case and does not feel lose.

The only other thing I don't like is that there are no covers for the openings on the phone like the usb, headphone jack. Overall very good product.

Reactions: a40dayflud818

stormleader

Nov 1, 2010
Sydney
I find some really cool cases on Ebay, I'll test then and let you know a soon as they arrive :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using xda premium

a40dayflud818

Nov 19, 2010

As far as the case for the phone, it holds it real tight. No creaking, etc like there was with the otter box. Also it is much thinner. I would be more worried if I dropped it in the case although it still offers protection.

The belt clip is a much better design. No problems with it at all. Phone seems to sit nicely in case and does not feel lose.

The only other thing I don't like is that there are no covers for the openings on the phone like the usb, headphone jack. Overall very good product.

Agree 100% with this post. I am really rather surprised because for the Inspire the Active case was MUCH more solid. Had covering over the port and even came with it's own screen protector. The other thing I'm surprised about is the way they didn't make the stand inter-changable. You can't have it stand up and on the charger at the same time. Oh well. I'm still very pleased.

megatronisabeast

Apr 16, 2011
Agree 100% with this post. I am really rather surprised because for the Inspire the Active case was MUCH more solid. Had covering over the port and even came with it's own screen protector. The other thing I'm surprised about is the way they didn't make the stand inter-changable. You can't have it stand up and on the charger at the same time. Oh well. I'm still very pleased.

That is true, never thought about it. I did find another benefit though, the seido also has nice finger grips on the sides which make it easier to hold. The otter box didn't have anything like this.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Took my otter box off for a day and for the sake of testing I played Pandora for a whole hour no wifi and yep it still overheated so the otterbox is back on and not causing the issue I'm having. Its obviously Pandora and ics and lte all together causing the issue

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

krustmother

May 1, 2012
colorado
I am interested in the otterbox defender, I have read review on Amazon.
The reviews state that ppl have a hard time hearing you. Does anyone find this to be the case?

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
I am interested in the otterbox defender, I have read review on Amazon.
The reviews state that ppl have a hard time hearing you. Does anyone find this to be the case?

its a good case. I have the commuter and defender. I have to say though, I think I prefer the commuter. It really just depends on what you want though. The good thing about the defender is that the silicone shell is more like tpu than silicone, so its not a dust magnet.

Sent from my HTC Vivid rockin' the latest and greatest WCX Rom!

bproulx

Jan 5, 2012
Ajax
Google Pixel 3 XL
If you're gonna do that, I'd just save a few bucks and get an OB Commuter case. They offer similar protection minus a built in screen protector. They do have an adhesive one you can apply that comes with it. They also aren't as bulky. The only drawback is no belt clip.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

I cant seem to find anything definitive actually from HTC on this one, but a user on a different site said he sent an email to HTC about his Raider (same thing as the Vivid on a different network) and recieved this response:

"Thank you for contacting HTC Technical support about if your Raider device has Gorilla Glass for the screen of your device. In our commitment to quality, HTC pioneered the use of shatterproof glass in smartphones. At the time, Corning was the only manufacturer and we used their product, Gorilla Glass. Since then, many manufactures have developed and advanced shatter-proof glass technology, allowing HTC to use the highest quality cutting edge shatterproof glass in our smartphones while keeping costs low for our customers."

Meaning, not Gorilla Glass but something thats supposed to be just as good.

Don't believe everything HTC says ..its far from shatterproof. My raider fell 2.5 feet face down on ceramic tile w no case and I had to order a replacement digitizer because mine turned to glass powder on impact. Make sure you protect your screen!!!!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use the otterbox commuter with a Moshi White iVisor Screen Protector on mine and it is well protected and the best thing is that the Moshi can be taken off and washed and reused, and there are no bubbles because it only sticks to the area around the screen and they are a great protector. As for otterbox I drive up to their offices in Fort Collins and got my comuter for $10.00 and a defender for $15.00 so they are not that expensive.
    I had a Seidio Active case on my Inspire and I LOVED it. I've had the OtterBox defender before and I just find Seidio to be a more solid case. I have one ordered for my Vivid and it should be here Monday. If you want, I'll post pics so you can see.

I had a Seidio Active case on my Inspire and I LOVED it. I've had the OtterBox defender before and I just find Seidio to be a more solid case. I have one ordered for my Vivid and it should be here Monday. If you want, I'll post pics so you can see.

I think I may buy one of these also. I looked at them online and they seem to be solid. Thank you.
    +1 for the active case. I've had one on for three months. Love