VooDoo sound and Display Expert coming to the S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
Voodoo sound booster is obsolete, there's a mod avalible already which boosts the sound the same way voodoo did..

Its awesome ! If I wasn't writing this on my phone I'd find you guys a link..

Boost audio system wide, alarm gave me a bloody fright this morning..

EDIT: Decided ill be nice and find the link hehe..

OP Topic: HERE

CWM Flashable packes: HERE

I suggest using the "60_sound_mod - max vol = 60 (boot sound on, camera sound off)" CWM package, it boosts your phone dramatically although not to max.. The safer option if you ask me..

Anyway thats my good deed done for today.. better get back to work !

obsolete?
just boosts audio volume?

hmm, i'll let the rest have their say.
:victory:

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
Voodoo sound is way more than just an Audio Mod......SuperCurio really changes the device's sound as a whole, not just speaker sound level.

cant wait till we get his Screen tuner and Sound fixes.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The audio fix that is default.gain does boost sound level but does nothing to sound quality . Changed settings from stock are just raising the sound level threshold .

DSP sound app is a better product .

jje

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
obsolete?
just boosts audio volume?

hmm, i'll let the rest have their say.
:victory:

Agian im talking about SGSII version.. purely boosted volume.

SGSI cant comment. Didn't own one :) so if it made miracles happen im not too sure.. all im saying is the last installment of voodo will be obsolete if its going to act just the same as it did on the SGSII which boosted volume only.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Yep - what's this fixation with louder = better?

Voodoo is way more than just a volume hack ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Louder does = better ! If you have the headphones to back it up that is.. :good:

Last edited:

WhiteHartMart

Jun 7, 2008
Cornwall, UK
Perhaps we think differently then ;-)

Imho louder only provides the chance to use headphones that might be unusable with standard volume settings but it does not increase musical quality of the output.

I personally don't need more volume but any increase in musical quality is always welcome :)

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Perhaps we think differently then ;-)

Imho louder only provides the chance to use headphones that might be unusable with standard volume settings but it does not increase musical quality of the output.

I personally don't need more volume but any increase in musical quality is always welcome :)

Between PowerAmp & the mod I posted if I was asking for much more id be greedy.. mod covers volume boost & power amp cover sound quality.. Combined with a decent pair of headphones and your jamming out.

jaykay1967

Oct 17, 2010
Neutron MP

I am a big fan of PowerAmp...used it for about 18 months... but for last two weeks I've been using Neutron MP. A big buggy but IMHO far better sound processing than anything else on android so far.

themrmotivator

May 23, 2012
Loving this mod in conjunction with dsp manager. Really loving this forum and my gs3, so glad I've left apple :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Last edited:

T.K.B

Sep 9, 2009
Dhaka
I'm anxiously waiting for this too although I haven't even rooted my sgs3 yet :p. Got so annoyed when I was on my way back home today hearing a fair amount of outdoor noise while listening to music on headphones. This should be a much needed solution.

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I am a big fan of PowerAmp...used it for about 18 months... but for last two weeks I've been using Neutron MP. A big buggy but IMHO far better sound processing than anything else on android so far.

Hmm I may check it out, it can get better then poweramp ?! :p

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Loving this mod in conjunction with dsp manager. Really loving this forum and my gs3, so glad I've left apple :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Welcome to the open world of Android ! Made a great choice on a starter phone also..

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I'm anxiously waiting for this too although I haven't even rooted my sgs3 yet :p. Got so annoyed when I was on my way back home today hearing a fair amount of outdoor noise while listening to music on headphones. This should be a much needed solution.

Get rooted ! CF method works great, then use triangle away.. im currently using FoxHound 0.5 great ROM, very close to stock experience just nicer looking.

Reactions: T.K.B

ra303

May 13, 2007
I havent rooted mine either, but for better sound quality I definitely will. So when does this come out ? and whats the best way to root ? I am guessing CF-Root 6.3 ??

Last edited:

djglenn1337

Mar 13, 2009
Yeah Neutron is ugly as hell. If they could combine it's audio with the aesthetics of Player Pro, it would be amazing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Supercurio Tweeted this an last night.. good news for S3 owners. Will also be coming to the S2.

'.. release #GalaxySIII specific pre-versions of #VoodooSound and #DisplayExpert because.. it's must have already for me :)'
    Hi,

I think you don't realy know what you're talking about here... I mean mainly the first part of your post...
    Hum... It's not only the code of the app itself!!!
    It's a "link" between hardware/software for some settings, do you realy think the hardware is identical or comparable in your example??? It's not just an history of an app...
    Do an app like Voodoo yourself and you'll speak...
    In any case I think there is probably no chance (or a very very little) to see Voodoo.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app
    Hi, nice to meet you, I for one know what I'm talking about.

There is absolutely no technical reason for not releasing the port. The hardware is practically identical since it's the same driver as on the S1. The only thing to be adapted is some phone-specific detection methods which are a few lines of code.

It took me an evening to outright fully understand the whole thing while porting it to the Note 2, and I can tell you that there's no special magic to it. So don't be naive in thinking "it needs time to create a good product" or some of that reasoning. KMino totally nailed it, it is about ego and money. Especially ego. For somebody who brought up the notion that this application / hack would be the only source of income for this year, he sure doesn't seem in a hurry to recoup 4 months worth of income on the single best selling phone out there.

We have now kernel control via the mDNIe interfaces to the display settings in Siyah and Perseus which Display Expert is supposed to control. Only thing left now (Arguably the most amount of work, one must admit), is for people to actually analyse it and throw some descriptions onto these undocumented parameters, put it in an app with some sliders, and that part of the story will also be done.
    Can you please tell me how do change the name? Would be great to use voodoo sound app.. (I like the headphone amp in the notification menu...).
    Am I able to use the stweaks sound settings after changing the name?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    I wish people would read the descriptions in the change-log, the method has been there since early September:
    If you wish to change the device name, you must do echo 0 > /sys/class/misc/scoobydoo_sound_control/enable , followed by an echo output to the same file with the target device driver name. You can use this to change the device path to /sys/class/misc/voodoo_sound/ and sub-sequentially make a certain configuration application work.
    Basically:

echo 0 > /sys/class/misc/scoobydoo_sound_control/enable
    echo "voodoo_sound" > /sys/class/misc/scoobydoo_sound_control/enable

Just put that as an init.d script to do it on every boot.

The STweaks controls won't work anymore if you do that. But anyway I'll switch to AndiP's implementation some time in the next version so that won't work anymore in the future.

__

And by the way, professionally calibrated colour profile is now available in Perseus. Unless Supercurio has some fancy interface or something DisplayExpert is not needed.
    The sad thing here is that neither Samsung or Wolfson have the solutions to perfect sound. If they did then the GS3 & Note 2 would be as good audio ways as the Apple phones & tablets. I can see them being better in time. As you know, Beats Audio is a pure fraud as the audio chipsets in the HTC devices are poor, it's like putting lipstick on a pig.

Supercurio has visited the Wolfson HQ in Edinburgh and both they and Samsung are aware of his work. Reading between the lines I can see this leading to development of top class audio at the kernel level in future Samsung devices. Meanwhile Voodoo Sound will help current devices achieve the very high standard of sound the Wolfson chipset allows.

Having followed Supercurio for some time it seems his Voodoo Sound for GS3 / Note 2 is at Beta / Pre release so it's only a matter of time before release.

Some of the postings in this thread are a disgrace and an insult to a programmer you don't even know. Does anyone actually know the time and effort to make something like Voodoo Sound, I certainly dont!

What an embarrassment to a fine forum.

Keith
    Well we already have Voodoo ported, and if he decides to wait another month or two we'll also have the infamous Display Expert without him.