Gpe back to sense m8

Search This thread

KKRES

May 12, 2014
i bought a google edition htc m8, so i wanted to get it back to sense aswell as i prefer the usability of it + the phone was made to run on that software
this took me hour to work out and hours of research on xda and other websites, so here im trying to simplify everything into one post, so people can get back to sense :)
so first of course root your phone if u have a google edition, if you converted to GPE from sense you will already be rooted and you can start the process (with TWRP installed)

i did it successfully but it was a huge process as there are limited resources atm to help me do it, as to why i am posting this

1. first i downloaded HTC one m8 all in one tool:(link)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699065
once you download this program you will be able to put the phone into bootloader, with this program you wont have to use comand prompt on windows to change the cid in bootloader.

2. you need to change the phones cid from goog to CID-11111111, of the m8 all in one toolkit it enters it in for you and writes it straight to your phone.

3. once you do this you need to download -
Flash 1.54 Image- http://xdaforums.com/show...68&postcount=3

NOW YOU NEED TO USE COMAND PROMPT- TEST PHONE WITH - FASTBOOT DEVICES- SHOULD GET A NUMBER CODE IF YOUR PHONE IS CONNECTED PROPERLY

1.FIRST ENTER fastboot oem rebootRUU

THEN- fastboot flash zip (whatever you name it).zip REDO IT TWICE 1ST WILL FAIL )- THEN SUCCESSFUL

-Boot back into Bootloader

-Boot into Recovery
-then in twrp (MUST)
-Wipe Data, Factory Reset, Advanced Wipe-Wipe System, Data, Cache
-Reboot Recovery
-Restore or Flash a Sense Rom

IF I HELPED PLEASE LEAVE A THANKS :)

(i have been pretty brief in my explanation, everything you need is there for the tricky parts, but if you have problems with toolkit or anything else look it up on xda) but this post will cut down the process time!
thanks. i am not resposible for any faults or problems with your phone but if you do it correctly all should be good :good:

Reactions: darksherko

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
i bought a google edition htc m8, so i wanted to get it back to sense aswell as i prefer the usability of it + the phone was made to run on that software
this took me hour to work out and hours of research on xda and other websites, so here im trying to simplify everything into one post, so people can get back to sense :)
so first of course root your phone if u have a google edition, if you converted to GPE from sense you will already be rooted and you can start the process (with TWRP installed)

i did it successfully but it was a huge process as there are limited resources atm to help me do it, as to why i am posting this

once you download this program you will be able to put the phone into bootloader, with this program you wont have to use comand prompt on windows to change the cid in bootloader.

2. you need to change the phones cid from goog to CID-11111111, of the m8 all in one toolkit it enters it in for you and writes it straight to your phone.

NOW YOU NEED TO USE COMAND PROMPT- TEST PHONE WITH - FASTBOOT DEVICES- SHOULD GET A NUMBER CODE IF YOUR PHONE IS CONNECTED PROPERLY

THEN- fastboot flash zip (whatever you name it).zip REDO IT TWICE 1ST WILL FAIL )- THEN SUCCESSFUL

-Boot into Recovery
-then in twrp (MUST)
-Reboot Recovery

(i have been pretty brief in my explanation, everything you need is there for the tricky parts, but if you have problems with toolkit or anything else look it up on xda) but this post will cut down the process time!
thanks. i am not resposible for any faults or problems with your phone but if you do it correctly all should be good :good:

As I read this, immediately under your thread in the index is this thread....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2733523

^^^^^ The thread is for those who have flashed @graffixnyc Google Edition RUU conversion and want to get back to sense. (In effect what you written about)

Plus, and this is just a personal thing, I would stay away from tool kits until you know what to do should the whole thing mess up. Toolkits are good but if the process screws up and your knowledge of adb etc is limited to the toolkit you could be in trouble (This is a general reference to ANYONE using a toolkit - not you specifically!)

EDIT - Having said all of that I have just noticed that you posted this in the RUU thread 5 minutes before STARTING this thread. Why did you start a new topic?

Last edited:

KKRES

May 12, 2014
As I read this, immediately under your thread in the index is this thread....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2733523

^^^^^ The thread is for those who have flashed @graffixnyc Google Edition RUU conversion and want to get back to sense. (In effect what you written about)

Plus, and this is just a personal thing, I would stay away from tool kits until you know what to do should the whole thing mess up. Toolkits are good but if the process screws up and your knowledge of adb etc is limited to the toolkit you could be in trouble (This is a general reference to ANYONE using a toolkit - not you specifically!)

EDIT - Having said all of that I have just noticed that you posted this in the RUU thread 5 minutes before STARTING this thread. Why did you start a new topic?

sorry accident with posting a new thread, how can i delete it
thats fair enough, i understand i guess i was just sharing how i did it, and possibly the easiest was to return to sense

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-Boot into Recovery
    -then in twrp (MUST)
    -Reboot Recovery