[ROM][4.3][OFFICIAL] Vanir - Nook HD+ - ovation

Search This thread

nolinuxnoparty

Jun 20, 2013
XDA

What happens when you combine mind-blowing speed and talent?

You get VANIR, b*itches.

4o3j.png

Features:

-Halo 2.0
-Android 4.3 (JSS15Q)
-PIE
-AppBar
-Freaking insane speed
-Custom toolchains, -O3, OptiPNG, bionic, krait, and dalvik performance commits, -fstrict-aliasing, custom CFLAGS, and MORE!
-A Vanir performance on/off toggle
-UI mode switcher
-Tablet statusbar split
-etc (But seriously, this frickin' thing is PACKED with features).

Screenshots

2a94i0n.jpg

1zbfd5f.jpg

2eq6r74.jpg

Download:

You can get the latest builds from HERE

Gapps are available HERE

Vanirs GitHub:
https://www.github.com/VanirAOSP
--
Vanirs Gerrit code review:
http://vaniraosp.goo.im/

Team Vanir @papi92 for Droid-Hive
Google
GitHub
PA
Carbon
PeterAlfonso
CM
AOKP
TeamBAKED

GPL
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_bn_omap

Last edited:

bpaulien

Jan 10, 2013
Columbus
So, from this announcement, are we to assume that they finally got it to work on the HD/+? I know that for a while now, we've been told that it wouldn't boot and that they are working on it. Should we take take this announcement as evidence that it is now working?

Just curious, cause I'm lazy and don't want to flash it if it won't work.

Thanks for confirming.

Sent from my Nook HD+ with unofficial Slimbean on emmc using Tapatalk 4

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ

I initially spoke with Prime Directive when I saw the first build for Ovation by nuclearmistake and informed him that it wouldn't boot past the bootloader. He told me to get in touch with DHO and DHO said he was working on it.

Anyway, I notice that the builds you have linked are from nuclearmistake and not DHO. So, going forward, which builds will we see and are you going to be the maintainer for this device?

Looking forward to getting this going, as it's an awesome rom on my N7 grouper.

Thanks,
Mike T

killersloth

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
Going to look further into it after work, can't get far enough for adb to recognize the device though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: webdroidmt

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Going to look further into it after work, can't get far enough for adb to recognize the device though.

Same for me, DHO asked me to get him a logcat but being unable to get past bootloader prevented device from being recognized. I hope you can get further. ;) Btw, just for the heck of it, I tried substituting the boot image from CM 10.2, Carbon 4.3 and your Slim rom but it still failed to boot.

Although I figured that the boot image was the same( same filesize) for those 3 roms, I tried all 3 anyway.

Mike T

Last edited:

bpaulien

Jan 10, 2013
Columbus
Still nothing? Or has this been working and I just never heard about it yet?

Sent from my Nook HD+ with unofficial Slimbean on emmc using Tapatalk 4

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
I have been using the Vanir rom on my GS3 for a couple days and I love the speed and smoothness. I look forward to using this on my Nook HD if it gets working. Any updates?

Reactions: knight master

jisoo

Jul 12, 2013
d-h.st
I have been using the Vanir rom on my GS3 for a couple days and I love the speed and smoothness. I look forward to using this on my Nook HD if it gets working. Any updates?

Here is an unofficial build I did that boots up fine:
vanir_ovation-UNOFFICIAL-20131023.zip - 151.04 MB

However, the ROM is very glitchy on our devices. In addition to the usual rotation bugs (and the Wi-Fi bugs introduced by a recent CM commit), there seems to be a whole new batch of graphical issues.

If anyone wants to start bug fixing this, you can PM me for some suggestions on how to resolve some of the typical problems our devices have.

If you want to build this yourself, you only need to replace Vanir's proprietary vendor repo with the proper one from TheMuppets, like so (this is pulling from my fork on github):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<remote  name="github_kimjisoo"
           fetch="git://github.com/kimjisoo" />

<remove-project name="vendor_bn" />

<project path="vendor/bn" name="proprietary_vendor_bn" remote="github_kimjisoo" revision="cm-10.2" />
</manifest>

Vanir's build system is a little odd, and took me a few tries to figure out. Basically, you need to run "make -j# otapackage" after lunch, or it doesn't give you a flashable zip. There was no brunch option...

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
How's the lag compared to other available ROMs? Thanks!

I wouldn't be worried about lags, as the only bootable version of this rom is the unofficial one posted one post above yours by jisoo. LOL It's very glitchy and quite unusable, also with the OP nolinuxparty's account currently disabled, I don't think we'll see anything too soon from Vanir...if ever.

Mike T

Reactions: bpaulien

YevOmega

Aug 17, 2012
I wouldn't be worried about lags, as the only bootable version of this rom is the unofficial one posted one post above yours by jisoo. LOL It's very glitchy and quite unusable, also with the OP nolinuxparty's account currently disabled, I don't think we'll see anything too soon from Vanir...if ever.

Mike T

Ok Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What happens when you combine mind-blowing speed and talent?

You get VANIR, b*itches.

4o3j.png

Features:

-Halo 2.0
    -Android 4.3 (JSS15Q)
    -PIE
    -AppBar
    -Freaking insane speed
    -Custom toolchains, -O3, OptiPNG, bionic, krait, and dalvik performance commits, -fstrict-aliasing, custom CFLAGS, and MORE!
    -A Vanir performance on/off toggle
    -UI mode switcher
    -Tablet statusbar split
    -etc (But seriously, this frickin' thing is PACKED with features).

Screenshots

2a94i0n.jpg

1zbfd5f.jpg

2eq6r74.jpg

Download:

You can get the latest builds from HERE

Gapps are available HERE

Vanirs GitHub:
    https://www.github.com/VanirAOSP
    --
    Vanirs Gerrit code review:
    http://vaniraosp.goo.im/

Team Vanir @papi92 for Droid-Hive
    Google
    GitHub
    PA
    Carbon
    PeterAlfonso
    CM
    AOKP
    TeamBAKED

GPL
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_bn_omap

Tried it this morning, no go, I get a dark screen at reboot and nothing else. I did a full wipe as usual. Going back to Carbon.
    Working on it =)

Here is an unofficial build I did that boots up fine:
    vanir_ovation-UNOFFICIAL-20131023.zip - 151.04 MB

However, the ROM is very glitchy on our devices. In addition to the usual rotation bugs (and the Wi-Fi bugs introduced by a recent CM commit), there seems to be a whole new batch of graphical issues.

If anyone wants to start bug fixing this, you can PM me for some suggestions on how to resolve some of the typical problems our devices have.

If you want to build this yourself, you only need to replace Vanir's proprietary vendor repo with the proper one from TheMuppets, like so (this is pulling from my fork on github):
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>

<remote  name="github_kimjisoo"
               fetch="git://github.com/kimjisoo" />

<remove-project name="vendor_bn" />

<project path="vendor/bn" name="proprietary_vendor_bn" remote="github_kimjisoo" revision="cm-10.2" />
    </manifest>

Vanir's build system is a little odd, and took me a few tries to figure out. Basically, you need to run "make -j# otapackage" after lunch, or it doesn't give you a flashable zip. There was no brunch option...