New "Notification Manager" from HTC : do you like it ?

What do you think about the new "Notification Manager"

• Just love it !

Votes: 50 21.9%
  • Mww, I don't care

Votes: 43 18.9%
  • Bwaaaaaa ! I hate it !

Votes: 135 59.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
Hi,

I tried the lastest ROMs for our Blackstone, and it seems that every chefs loves the new Notification Manager...

I found a way to deactivate it (I just hate this new layer), but it's a bit ugly : in the registry, go to HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER and change the "Dll" value to "NotificationManager.dll.bak", then soft-reset.

Do you know another way to deactivate this thing ?

And what do you think about this new notif. manager ?

For those who don't know what is Notification Manager, here it is :

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot3.png
    ScreenShot3.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 5,728
  • ScreenShot2.png
    ScreenShot2.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,290
Last edited:
Reactions: AvocadoBaby

Fallen Spartan

Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Hi,

I tried the lastest ROMs for our Blackstone, and it seems that every chefs loves the new Notification Manager...

I found a way to deactivate it (I just hate this new layer), but it's a bit ugly : in the registry, go to HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER and change the "Dll" value to "NotificationManager.dll.bak", then soft-reset.

I don't mind it. What annoys me is the amount of clicks you have to make

For example if I get a notification for an appointment I get a Alarm noticiation on the top bar. Once I click on this I get the new noticication Manager which tells me about the appointment. To dismiss this I need to click dismiss, where I am then shown another screen asking whether or not you are sure you want to dismiss this.

Tio many clicks!!

It should be straight forward:

A notification screen telling you about meeting/appointment etc with options below to either dismiss or delete.

Nothing else needed and no screen asking whether or not you are sure!

Johnny72

Dec 17, 2004
Ventimiglia
Hi,

I like it but I've got to disable it because, for me, it's very important that I can select each time the "snooze-time" (and not have it by default at 5.00 min).
You can disable it:
HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM\UseDefaultUI and set it on "0"

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
I like it but I've got to disable it because, for me, it's very important that I can select each time the "snooze-time" (and not have it by default at 5.00 min).
You can disable it:
HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM\UseDefaultUI and set it on "0"

Hum, I think you're mistaking what I meant by "Notification Manager".
The notification manager is the screen that appears when you tap on the icons on the right of the start button (battery, Signal bars etc).

Edit : I uploaded a pic of the new notification manager and the old one.

Last edited:

inspireme87

Dec 14, 2008
one of the many reasons i flashed back to old manilla is this ugly screen.. i like to be able to chose comm manager right away after i press one of the topbar buttons but with this new screen it's a hassle.. though old manilla had it's own notification screen but i can disable it from touchflow settings unlike this new one

inspireme87

Dec 14, 2008
this is one issue down among many others to overcome :rolleyes: i try new roms on weekly bases but still i find em too buggy to my taste :eek:

tkolev

Sep 26, 2008
Sofia
Hi,

attachment.php

You have to install FdcSoft's Task Manager (you will find it in the forum) then go to Services and stop "Notification Manager" service and set it to manual. When you exit the task manager, the phone will be slow in response, so just soft reset it.
The best thing about the new notification manager in my opinion is that it can be stopped ;). Actualy this is the first thing I do when I flash a new ROM with the new manilla. Why would anyone want to loose the functionality of the taskbar icons by installing the notification manager, we may never know...

Johnny72

Dec 17, 2004
Ventimiglia
Hum, I think you're mistaking what I meant by "Notification Manager".
The notification manager is the screen that appears when you tap on the icons on the right of the start button (battery, Signal bars etc).

Edit : I uploaded a pic of the new notification manager and the old one.

Yeah!!!You're right... I made a mistake... but my answer is the same!!!
Yes i like it, but, I don't like that tapping on the top bar there is no possibility to, ad example, go to the network tab... like you can do without the NM.

darthbane2k

Jul 6, 2007
Its not so much the notification manager I mind but the omission of the basic snooze options. How in the hell can I get them back?

zaharakis

Dec 14, 2006
khalkis/Greece
ipaso you are a life saver!!
thanks for this solution in this annoying issue in new builds!!
this notification "thing" is the worst add i have see till now in my life!
it is the biger STOP to continue use a rom..
i use every day top bar and with this "thing" working,it was unable to reach icons in top bar!

dannyng

Dec 16, 2008
ipaso you are a life saver!!
thanks for this solution in this annoying issue in new builds!!
this notification "thing" is the worst add i have see till now in my life!
it is the biger STOP to continue use a rom..
i use every day top bar and with this "thing" working,it was unable to reach icons in top bar!

+1, yeah, thanks a lot ipaso, I so hate the new notification, I thought there will be a old notification cab for us to overwrite the new one.

But at least your interim solution really work for me/us.

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

attachment.php