[CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HACK3DANDR0ID

May 25, 2017
New Jersey
I looked at the c.f. files them models are listed. Knowing tmo they may need a eng kernel. Sorry..

Is this something you or chainfire can provide?

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

I looked at the c.f. files them models are listed. Knowing tmo they may need a eng kernel. Sorry..

Or what do I do if I find it? The source for both devices I think.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

i have a combination file it that will help....i think i wasted $$$ on a bunch of files according to @ashyx .....

KennyLG123

Jan 11, 2014
WESTCHESTER OH
Is this something you or chainfire can provide?

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Or what do I do if I find it? The source for both devices I think.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

i have a combination file it that will help....i think i wasted $$$ on a bunch of files according to @ashyx .....

If anyone knows this stuff it's ashyx. If you did find something interesting that could be of some good use talk to ashyx.

Relyt2012

Aug 20, 2014
So why is there a cf autoroot for the j3 prime (2017) j327t1 on chainfires website, if it doesn't work?

Hello !
Chainfire ( Life savior ) ^_^
I've updated my Galaxy S4 "I9505" to latest firmware build date : Sat, 25 Feb 2017 03:19:43 +0000
the problem that it can not be rooted With CF-Root or any other rooting tools
I have tried Flashfire to keep the SU from the old to the new Build the same issue >_<
I decided to download another Firmware ( I9505XXSHQB1 ) the same problem cannot be rooted

I will upload to you the "Recovery.img" from the firmware file as you mentioned in your website :
-----
ANDROID VERSION
When newer firmwares are released for a certain device, sometimes that firmware includes new bootloaders that prevent kernels based on the old firmwares from booting. This usually coincides with a transition to a newer Android version. In that case, the CF-Auto-Root for download here may no longer work - flashing or booting might fail. It is too much work for me to keep track of all these firmwares, so if you encounter this issue, it is up to you to submit the recovery.img file from the latest firmware for your device to the CF-Auto-Root thread on XDA-Developers.com.

To be clear, just because you have a newer Android version than listed here, does NOT mean the CF-Auto-Root will not work - there's a good chance that it will!
-----
I've uploaded the "Recovery.img" into a Zip file to bypass XDA Limit size
This is the last log file from Flashfire : https://pastebin.com/4rK7Rr4W
Thankx in advance

I'm Still waiting please !

Kalm_Traveler

Dec 8, 2011

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
You might want to asked him that and not me. Neither one of my J3s worked and my J7 isnt working either. Maybe @Chainfire can give some info?
Hes already explained it time and time again. It even states it on the download page.

Irrespective of whether the device has a locked bootloader or not, the process to create a CFautoroot zip is automatic once the recovery image has been supplied.
It clearly states on the download page that cf_autoroot will not work on bootloader locked devices.

Wasim625

Jul 1, 2014
Hello,
i see on your webpage that CF auto root support samsung on5 G5520. but whenever i try to root my device with the said file Odin fails and stops and device shows are red warning tickker saying 'Security Check Fail : Cache'.
i am using odin 3.12.4 and usiing this file for samsung on5 g5520 running marshmallow stock rom with google play enabled. ( i got this rom from a veitname developer since the original rom doesn't support google play)

Please help and pardon me for posting it in a wrong section, if that may the case be.

regards,
wasim

Reactions: Nivooni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. In essence, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access.

This thread serves as a central discussion and request thread for CF-Auto-Root. If you have questions about a specific CF-Auto-Root binary for a specific device, please go the relevant thread listed on the CF-Auto-Root homepage.

Donate
    CF-Root and CF-Auto-Root have been available for many devices (over 50 different models !) and have clocked over 9 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that include CF-Root (non-Auto) kernels. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every user had donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery (note that any other recovery you may have installed will be overwritten !)

What's the difference between CF-Auto-Root and CF-Root, and/or other root solutions ?
    CF-Root (non-Auto) are manually built rooted kernels and/or flashables that usually provide more than "just root". CF-Auto-Root is built on an automated system that I am constantly improving that takes a stock recovery image and returns an automated rooting packages. These packages are designed to install and enable SuperSU on your device, so apps can gain root access, and nothing more.

The difference with many other rooting solutions is that those will often install a custom recovery for you (I am personally moving away from custom kernels and recoveries, for various reasons), while with CF-Auto-Root you will end up with a stock recovery again.

Not included - custom recovery
    A custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is not included.

Not included - Triangle Away
    Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    Requirements and requests

The the CF-Auto-Root project currently supports the following base boards:

- Samsung Exynos4
    - Texas Instruments Omap4
    - Qualcomm MSM8660

Other boards will probably be added soon. Currently only Samsung devices are supported, but I'm looking to expand into other devices soon as well.

To be able to make CF-Auto-Root for a device:

- The device needs to have (and use) separate kernel and recovery partitions
    - The kernel and recovery format must be the boot.img standard (no zImage support)
    - I need the recovery.img file, so post it in this thread if you need support for a new device :)
    Devices and threads

The full list of all supported devices is always available and always current at the CF-Auto-Root homepage.

Most supported devices have their own threads here on XDA, you can find the thread for your device in the device listing on the CF-Auto-Root homepage as well.

I will not be maintaining a secondary list in this post, as it would be double work.
    First of all, wasn't sure if it was allowed to post on this thread (it's odd, 4 days old and no post), as I've seen nothing saying I shouldn't, here I go.

Newbie question here:

1) Is it possible to flash CWM Recovery with this root?
    2) I'm willing to flash it, should I then just root using CF-Root(non-auto) as it already comes with CWM?
    3) The version of CWM on CF-Root (non-auto) is already outdated, would it be a problem if I just flashed the new version over it with ODIN (download it from clockworkmod.com/rommanager and flash)?

I ask this because I want to keep my phone as stock as possible, but want to be able to perform a Nandroid backup and flash some ZIPs (if there's a way to perferm/restore Nandroid backups and flash ZIPs w/o CWM please tell me how :) )

This thread is pretty much quiet because most of the supported devices have their own threads ;)

(1) Root is a separate thing from CWM. CF-Auto-Root does not include CWM, but if your device has a CWM build you can certainly flash it. The "ROM Manager" app will be able to install it if your device has an "officially" supported CWM build from Koush himself.
    (2) If a CF-Root (non-auto) is available then it's probably outdated. I do not maintain any CWM builds anymore, but others do for most devices, so you should be able to find one.
    (3) You can do that no problem.

I use Mobile ODIN for flashing ZIPs, but it does not do backup/restores (yet *wink*). For my other backup needs, I use Titanium Backup.

But to each their own. Some people prefer CWM, some people prefer TWRP, some people like me prefer stock so we can keep the counters at 0/official, etc. CF-Auto-Root keeps all our options open. It doesn't prevent you from anything, though it does also not include anything like that.