[UPDATE 6/11!!!]MIUI BATTERY MODS & MIUI Dark Theme Vari-Theme Manager Compatible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
[UPDATE 6/11!!!]MIUI BATTERY MODS & MIUI Dark Theme Vari-Theme Manager Compatible!!!

I got bored so I made some battery mods for MIUI. I added a theme (NEWTASK650 Dark) that i made off of the MIUI Dark Theme that i use along with some screenshots for anyone who likes it and wants to use it. It's a variation of the MIUI Dark Theme. Here's the original theme thread for it http://www.miuiandroid.com/2011/05/miui-com-official-dark-theme-consent-given-to-post/. Just download and check the previews to see more. I plan on trying to make 2 new batt mods a day if my schedule permits it. Make sure you go to Settings/System/Battery Settings/Battery Indicator Style and choose Percentage. Otherwise you will not see the battery.
BATTERIES CONTINUED IN POST #2 WILL TAKE REQUESTS!!!

These will only change the battery icon. NOTHING ELSE.
Download the .zip file you want to use, then extract the .mtz file, then FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

HOW TO APPLY
-Put on SD card
-Open Theme Manager
-Hit Menu soft key button and select Import Theme
-Select the battery theme
-Select EDIT THEME
-Select Notification Bar and then choose the battery that you want to use
-DONE
A Special Thanks to xavierjohn22 for helping me to make it easier for you guys

here is 2 short videos of how to drop them in the systemui.apk. if you wanna go that route. Just drop them in systemui.apk/res/raw folder.
Video#1
http://youtu.be/MWpFI2m0_lw
Video#2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8_GXgQqRvE

-1.6.10 TASK650 DARK Theme- It's a variation of The MIUI Dark Theme. Just a little more detailed.
35050_1507457524287_1169777685_1448339_6250139_n-1-1.jpg

-NEWTASK650 MINIMAL DARK THEME-
20110517_151223-1.jpg
]

-Erebos Keyboard-
20110522_075750.jpg

How To Install!!!
1.)Take the LatinIme.apk out of the zip
2.)put on phone
3.)set permissions in root explorer to
USER X X O
GROUP X O O
OTHERS X O O O
4.)Drop LatinIme.apk into system/app

-GLOSSY BATTERY-
stat_sys_battery_number.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-2.png

-GB LANDSCAPE-
stat_sys_battery_number-3.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-3.png

-VA DARK BLUE-
stat_sys_battery_number-4.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-4.png

-Mode2b Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-5.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-5.png

-Glow Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-6.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-6.png

-Dotted Green Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-7.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-7.png

Attachments

• GBlandscape_battery_Theme.rar
    59.9 KB · Views: 3,231
  • VABlue_Battery_Theme.rar
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,721
  • GLOSSYbattery_theme.rar
    63.6 KB · Views: 4,642
  • Glow_battery_theme.rar
    143.6 KB · Views: 4,977
  • DottedGreen_battery_theme.rar
    36.7 KB · Views: 3,922
  • ErebosKeyboard.zip
    2 MB · Views: 2,033
  • 1.6.10_TASK650DARK-Theme.mtz.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 3,707
Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
-Orange Slice Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-8.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-8.png

-HoneyComb Blue Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-10.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-9.png

-Vertical GB Green Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-9.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-10.png

-Stock GingerBread Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-11.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-11.png

-Stock HoneyComb Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-12.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-12.png

-Cm7 Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-13.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-13.png

-HoneyComb Bar Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-14.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-14.png

-Minimal Battery-
stat_sys_battery_number-17.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-15.png

Attachments

• OrangeSlice_battery_theme.rar
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,921
  • HoneyCombBlue_battery_theme.rar
    28.3 KB · Views: 951
  • Vertical_GBgreen_battery_theme.rar
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,800
  • Stock_GingerBread_battery_theme.rar
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,569
  • Stock_HoneyComb_battery_theme.rar
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,990
  • CM7_battery_theme.rar
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,283
  • HoneyCombBar_battery_theme.rar
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Minimal_battery_theme.rar
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,470
Last edited:

smeltn

Jul 20, 2010
Alabama
its really easy. the systemui.apk can be found with the app root explorer. if you want i can just pack it in the systemui.apk myself but you would have to use root explorer to change permissions and drop it in system/app

sure that would be fantastic if you wouldnt mind.

I read somewhere, that you have to like open the theme.zip and go to frame/res and add it there, but of course that didn't work.

Reactions: barmakinfo

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
here ya go bro. so now all you have to do is open root explorer scroll down to sdcard file click on it find the systemui.apk and long press it, select permissions and on the first line from left to right check the first 2, the middle line just check the first one and no others on that line, on the third just the first one also. it should look like this.

x x -
x - -
x - -
the x's are the ones that are checked and the -'s are the ones that shouldn't be. hit ok. then long press the systemui.apk again and select move then hit the back button. find system file and click it the app file and click that then hit paste. you're done. hold volume up and power for about 10 seconds and it should reboot and you're good.

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    406.3 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
Reactions: smeltn

smeltn

Jul 20, 2010
Alabama
Ok so I did exactly what you said but it isn't working. Battery didnt change. So I tried again, and when I moved the file I checked the permissions again and they change. Its like it isn't saving the permission changes I am making. It IS copying and replacing the file in the system/app folder, but it isn't showing up.

edit> I wonder if its because I am using a custom theme?

Last edited:

Prototype159

Nov 23, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ok so I did exactly what you said but it isn't working. Battery didnt change. So I tried again, and when I moved the file I checked the permissions again and they change. Its like it isn't saving the permission changes I am making. It IS copying and replacing the file in the system/app folder, but it isn't showing up.

edit> I wonder if its because I am using a custom theme?

You need to replace the images in the theme then. Are the statusbar, wifi, and data icons changing too? If not then the theme description needs to be changed too so those icons and the battery icons can show up too.

Reactions: smeltn

smeltn

Jul 20, 2010
Alabama
You need to replace the images in the theme then. Are the statusbar, wifi, and data icons changing too? If not then the theme description needs to be changed too so those icons and the battery icons can show up too.

I have tried 3 different themes to see if it made a difference and none of them change the wifi, data, battery icons at all.

So what do I need to replace and where?

Thanks for the help btw guys.

Prototype159

Nov 23, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have tried 3 different themes to see if it made a difference and none of them change the wifi, data, battery icons at all.

So what do I need to replace and where?

Thanks for the help btw guys.

Take your theme. Zip it. Click on the zip and you will see your theme name. Double click on it and then it will open a new window with all of the theme's files. Find the systemui folder, look for a raw folder inside it and then replace the battery images with the one you want.

For the description file, you should unzip the folder area so you have the file on your computer. Keep the zip windows open, but go to where you unziped the folders. Click on it and edit the description file with notepad or something else and add this right before the last line:

<uiVersion>1</uiVersion>

Save it and replace it with the one in the zip (you can delete the folder on your computer if you want, since you don't need it anymore).

Make sure to save the changes to the zip file. And then can exit out of the folders area, and drag the theme name out of the zip file into your phone's sd card.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
here ya go. good to go!

Attachments

• stat_sys_battery_number.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 767
  • stat_sys_battery_charge.png
    stat_sys_battery_charge.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 661
  • SystemUI.apk
    366.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

smeltn

Jul 20, 2010
Alabama
so to anyone who is just wanting to change the battery i made a really short video on how I do it. here it is. al i do is open the systemui.apk with 7zip and drop the new battery files that i am using in the res/raw folder. then follow what i do in this video.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22014441/Setting Permissions.mp4

wow so you won't believe what the problem was the entire time. I actually went into the system/app folder and made a back up of my existing systemUI.apk, and actually I just renamed the original to be SystemUI-original.apk and then dropped the new on in. Problem was it was still reading that systemui-original.apk as being the one it wanted to use even though I had renamed it. So I went in and deleted the original, and as soon as I did I got the FC system errors... rebooted and tada it works fantastic. How weird.

Thanks for all your help

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
wow so you won't believe what the problem was the entire time. I actually went into the system/app folder and made a back up of my existing systemUI.apk, and actually I just renamed the original to be SystemUI-original.apk and then dropped the new on in. Problem was it was still reading that systemui-original.apk as being the one it wanted to use even though I had renamed it. So I went in and deleted the original, and as soon as I did I got the FC system errors... rebooted and tada it works fantastic. How weird.

Thanks for all your help

no problem man. anytime you need any help just hit me up. you have my email so that would be the quickest way to get a hold of me.

xavierjohn22

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2006
www.xavierjohn22.com
images and theming including battery icons

FYI, we dont have to go to troubles of modding SystemUI.apk

Just make an mtz file and drop the battery mod images in the same structure as the apk. Then drop the .mtz file in \sd card\MIUI\theme and apply it via thememanager

com.android.systemui\res\raw

Same goes for many other apps including the MiuiMusic.

See sample attached (though i'ved pick a not so good image, LOL, whatever i see first in my pc, ha ha ha)

extract the .mtz inside the rar attached

EDIT:
I provided the info because every week MIUI 2.3.3 has some changes, so it's not likely we will be modding the systemui.apk every week just to have the battery icon changed. you can just make it available readily in the sd card using mtz theming

e.g. samples for title
Battery Mod Circle
Battery Mod Cool
Battery Mod Wow

The title can just be change and other folders not needed in my mtz removed. Image attached showing how i use your battery images to try the MTZ file. You can just make a bunch of the MTZ file and post it as themes rather than flashable or overwriting APK

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
FYI, we dont have to go to troubles of modding SystemUI.apk

Just make an mtz file and drop the battery mod images in the same structure as the apk. Then drop the .mtz file in \sd card\MIUI\theme and apply it via thememanager

com.android.systemui\res\raw

Same goes for many other apps including the MiuiMusic.

See sample attached (though i'ved pick a not so good image, LOL, whatever i see first in my pc, ha ha ha)

extract the .mtz inside the rar attached

EDIT:
I provided the info because every week MIUI 2.3.3 has some changes, so it's not likely we will be modding the systemui.apk every week just to have the battery icon changed. you can just make it available readily in the sd card using mtz theming

e.g. samples for title
Battery Mod Circle
Battery Mod Cool
Battery Mod Wow

The title can just be change and other folders not needed in my mtz removed. Image attached showing how i use your battery images to try the MTZ file. You can just make a bunch of the MTZ file and post it as themes rather than flashable or overwriting APK

so do you have any suggestions on how i can make this thread easier for people. should i just throw up a com.andoid.xxxx file for them the drop the new battery files in themselves and advise them to throw that in their theme mtz file? thanks a lot for your input. and... would you mind if i put the info you gave me in the OP?

Last edited:

xavierjohn22

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2006
www.xavierjohn22.com
so do you have any suggestions on how i can make this thread easier for people. should i just throw up a com.andoid.xxxx file for them the drop the new battery files in themselves and advise them to throw that in their theme mtz file? thanks a lot for your input.

I Don't mind it al all bro, no problem, i was looking for a battery image then i came accross this thread. LOL

It will save you trouble in modding the systemui.apk every week if the deodexed rom has changes, it always has changes anyways (in patches only), now that they are revamping weekly, (at least for now) .

Here's on the top of my head as the idea

1. You could make many MTZ as i have mentioned. Copy what i have posted.
- battery mod 1.mtz
- battery mod 2.mtz
etc..

2. Each mtz will have same structure. Use winrar to change the file

3. description.xml contains the title of the theme. do not use weird characters as title
<title>Battery</title>
<author>Your name here</author>

4. com.android.systemui is the folder your battery images should go. Should be the same name too as what you are doing overwriting in APK
The images will be under com.android.systemui\res\raw

5. If you also want to change the toggle icons, put the images in com.android.systemui\res\drawable-hdpi

- You can even make a preview of it in the preview folder
- You can also remove the mms folder there

6. Put all the modded images and folder in the MTZ file

Last edited:
Reactions: SeanHacker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I got bored so I made some battery mods for MIUI. I added a theme (NEWTASK650 Dark) that i made off of the MIUI Dark Theme that i use along with some screenshots for anyone who likes it and wants to use it. It's a variation of the MIUI Dark Theme. Here's the original theme thread for it http://www.miuiandroid.com/2011/05/miui-com-official-dark-theme-consent-given-to-post/. Just download and check the previews to see more. I plan on trying to make 2 new batt mods a day if my schedule permits it. Make sure you go to Settings/System/Battery Settings/Battery Indicator Style and choose Percentage. Otherwise you will not see the battery.
    BATTERIES CONTINUED IN POST #2 WILL TAKE REQUESTS!!!

These will only change the battery icon. NOTHING ELSE.
    Download the .zip file you want to use, then extract the .mtz file, then FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

HOW TO APPLY
    -Put on SD card
    -Open Theme Manager
    -Hit Menu soft key button and select Import Theme
    -Select the battery theme
    -Select EDIT THEME
    -Select Notification Bar and then choose the battery that you want to use
    -DONE
    A Special Thanks to xavierjohn22 for helping me to make it easier for you guys

here is 2 short videos of how to drop them in the systemui.apk. if you wanna go that route. Just drop them in systemui.apk/res/raw folder.
    Video#1
    http://youtu.be/MWpFI2m0_lw
    Video#2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8_GXgQqRvE

-1.6.10 TASK650 DARK Theme- It's a variation of The MIUI Dark Theme. Just a little more detailed.
    35050_1507457524287_1169777685_1448339_6250139_n-1-1.jpg

-NEWTASK650 MINIMAL DARK THEME-
    20110517_151223-1.jpg
    ]

-Erebos Keyboard-
    20110522_075750.jpg

How To Install!!!
    1.)Take the LatinIme.apk out of the zip
    2.)put on phone
    3.)set permissions in root explorer to
    USER X X O
    GROUP X O O
    OTHERS X O O O
    4.)Drop LatinIme.apk into system/app

-GLOSSY BATTERY-

stat_sys_battery_charge-2.png

-GB LANDSCAPE-
    stat_sys_battery_number-3.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-3.png

-VA DARK BLUE-
    stat_sys_battery_number-4.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-4.png

-Mode2b Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-5.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-5.png

-Glow Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-6.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-6.png

-Dotted Green Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-7.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-7.png
    -Orange Slice Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-8.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-8.png

-HoneyComb Blue Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-10.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-9.png

-Vertical GB Green Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-9.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-10.png

-Stock GingerBread Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-11.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-11.png

-Stock HoneyComb Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-12.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-12.png

-Cm7 Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-13.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-13.png

-HoneyComb Bar Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-14.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-14.png

-Minimal Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-17.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-15.png
    -Gauge Battery-
    stat_sys_battery_number-18.png

stat_sys_battery_charge-17.png
    Staggers. Here you go bro.
    i have mine modded but im trying to get a theme going to match everything.

Battery theming is great, the notification blind icons can be on another level though. It would be great to have a matching battery and toggle icons.

Yeah, most of the APKS have same structure, you'll just have to put a /folder/res/drawable-hdpi or other in the .mtz file with the name of the APK

Examples of APKS to theme are...
    com.android.launcher
    com.android.mms
    com.android.systemui
    com.android.phone
    com.android.thememanager
    etc........

Sorry if i post it here for i dont have time to do it, LOL, you are doing great bro.

And FYI, your MODS will work for other Phones not only the captivate.

http://img849.imageshack.us/i/theming.png