[GUIDE][ILAPO] The ultimate bootloop fixit list (index for all known methods)

Which method worked for you (lifetime 1 day at least)?

• Total voters
Search This thread

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Complete list of methods to "fix" or preventing the G4 bootloop

First of all: this is just a link list / index of methods !
I take no credits or responsibility of those methods its just that I hate to search things again and again and the idea here is to keep the methods in 1 single place
If I missed one please let me know!

Disclaimer:
It's your choice and on your own responsibility if using any of those linked methods!

About

What is the ILAPO / Bootloop?

LG Electronics has been made aware of a booting issue with the LG G4 smartphone that has now been identified as resulting from a loose contact between components. Customers who are experiencing booting issues with their LG G4s should contact their local carrier from where the G4 was purchased or a nearby LG Service Center (www.lg.com/common) for repair under full warranty.

Customers who purchased their G4 devices from non-carrier retailers should contact an LG Service Center with the understanding that warranty conditions will differ. LG Electronics is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service and apologizes for the inconvenience caused to some of our customers who initially received incorrect diagnoses.

Read more about it here:

Backup

If you can still get into download mode I would recommend to do a full real nandroid backup before anything else: https://bit.do/SALTatXDA

Current state

There are only two real fixes available for the G4 bootloop and one advanced one:
1. Replace the mainboard or
2. send it to LG for warranty repair

3. Disassemble device for soldering/heat paste

For those out of warranty:
1. Replace the mainboard on your own in ~20 minutes: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/LG+G4+Motherboard+Replacement/51202
2. All the other methods described here can bring back some life back to your device but no one can say if that means minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months (all these are reported time ranges).

the baking/oven method is clearly the one with the best chance of success and the longest life expectancy but it has one important limitation: toxic fumes.
Read the corresponding hint on that method with care!

Precautionary measure (unlocked devices only)
(skip to the next topic for locked devices)

Disabling the Big Cores reducing heat and so reducing the chance to bootloop.
There are users reporting that this method even works when it actually bootloops but its meant as a precautionary measure mainly:
https://xdaforums.com/g4/general/fix-lg-g4-bootloop-issue-t3647538

and to create your own boot image read on here for the ultimative "X cores guide"

I have also created an ilapo TWRP version with the big cores disabled here so if TWRP bootloops try those first:
Ilapo TWRP

Locked & Unlocked devices

If you do not want to fight with LG support about warranty I would try this first: aboot TOT flashing or hair dryer method A) and if that doesn't worked and even when there is a little risk on using it: the freezer method

The recommended order on fixing the ILAPO would be like this:
aboot TOT method -> pressure method -> hair dryer method A) -> hair dryer method B) -> baking method (as long as u have an oven which is not used for food anymore) -> ironing method (take care of the unknown temperature issue this has) -> freezer method

Low chances of voiding your warranty (depends on the LG customer service)

1) aboot TOT flashing
There are users reporting that this method even works when it actually bootloops but its meant as a precautionary measure mainly
you need to choose the CORRECT aboot TOT file and you need to check your ARB!
If you flash a lower ARB aboot file you WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!
http://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/unbricking/max4cores/

High(er) chances of voiding your warranty (depends on the LG customer service)

The following methods MAY get detected by LG customer service and so they MAY reject service on it (warranty void) due to detection of an unauthorized opened device:

2) pressure method:
https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/lg-g4-bootloop-quick-fix-try-baking-t3633595
(as u need to open the device it may be rejected by LG support for repair - but loosen the screws carefully and open the back cover even more carefully will usually work without being detected)

3) hair dryer method:
A) https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/temporary-boot-loop-solution-to-files-t3554469
B) https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71647715&postcount=41 (checkout the video and the last comments of the writer in the XDA thread)
(as u need to open the device it may be rejected by LG support for repair - but loosen the screws carefully and open the back cover even more carefully will usually work without being detected)

4) ironing method:
s-X-s reported here this method as its working for him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=TM9umec5aeo
While I personally would prefer this method over the baking method its very very risky to use it. The reason is that you have no temperature indicators on an iron and so you may overheat in the worst case..
(as u need to open the device and disassemble the board it may be rejected by LG support for an eventually warranty repair)

5) baking method:
(as u need to open the device and disassemble the board it may be rejected by LG support for an eventually warranty repair)
I highly recommend doing this ONLY if you have no other option (or when you do not want to use the oven again!)
Remember that heating a logic board to high temperatures can release toxic fumes. Don't use an oven you use for food preparation! Toxic fumes can leave residue in the oven and will be re-released upon reheating over many cycles

Details regarding toxic fumes:
(READ THIS TO UNDERSTAND THE HEALTH RISK!)

Here's a nice PDF from Techni-Tool, a company supplying the electronic production industry with soldering stuff, chemicals, tools and what not. It's not necessarily a paper from a scientific institution but I'd still take their word for it.

6) freezer method: (100% a temporary fix only - e.g. just for taking a backup)
https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-g4/help/how-to-recover-data-boot-loop-defect-t3297766 (~1 hour at least in freezer)
(The freezer does not require to open the device BUT: it could be possible that LG may reject such devices for repair due to a water damage (depends on several things so this might or might not happen))
UPDATE:
Take out the battery before putting it in the freezer!
An easy way to prevent any damage is to use a plastic bag which can be closed with a zipper or similar.

7) Advanced disassemble method(s):
The following thread contains several methods to fix the mainboard issue without LG but may require some technical skills to handle but not is the best choice you have when you can't get a new mainboard. Ensure you read all posts there to fin your best choice:
https://xdaforums.com/g4/general/lg-g4-bootloop-fix-t3488449

Backup

Once booted up backup your data as fast as you can.
Btw if any of the above succeeds its very very likely that you have a defective hardware again.
If thats the case you may try another method but the chances to bring it back to life a second time - especially when you used the baking method is at 1% ...

Final destination - R.I.P. 9008 mode

Sooner or later you may reach this.
lets say u tried all or almost all of the above (especially the baking method) and it still does not work or its the second time you are here then your device is likely completely dead now.

If you turn on your phone and just seeing a black screen and nothing else happens the device is likely in EDL / QDL 9008 mode which is the final end of the journey for your device.
You can verify this by connecting the device to your PC and watch the device manager while doing so. You should see a new unknown device here named QHUSB...

This has nothing to do with those 9008 unbrick guides u can find here and elsewhere as the hardware fault goes deeper. Of course u can try out those guides (try my PoC unlock guide first..)

Its hard to say but you're gonna have to put up with burying this device.
Sell it as spare parts and say goodbye..

Credits

The above methods are created or reported by:
  • @celsius0010 (freezer)
  • @rogconnect (baking)
  • @gub1 (baking)
  • @s-X-s (ironing)
  • @nick camel (hair dryer)
  • @Minchan_5 (hair dryer)
  • @sloscotty (pressure)
  • @Martin Elias (aboot TOT)

Last edited:

dzeron

Apr 10, 2015
Hi, greetings @steadfasterX
I am posting in this thread, because it's somehow related (i think)

I have 2 lg g4 H815 & H811 devices.
Anyway...
-h811: * rooted
It had ILAPO and died.

-h815: * not rooted
Cellular network problems. (used as a small tablet ..)
Months later, Flickering on the right half of the screen (split screen glitch), after some time of use (disappears on screen on / off, comes back very quickly as far as I can remember)

My goal here is to have a functional device.
I was just wondering if this is a sign of a future ILAPO for the h815 device ... as some users say they replaced the screen/front-panel to fix it (screen/connector related issue).
So I'm thinking of replacing the h811 motherboard with the h815 one (also try to replace the cellular network component with the one that works).

-To finish with the combination of a good:
motherboard (h815) + screen (h811)
(achieved by replacing h811 motherboard...)

Can anyone have any further suggestion or clear up any misunderstanding regarding the "flicker" issue?
(I could also flash a pre-rooted firmware for the locked bootloader and disable the 2 big cores if needed to prevent ILAPO if that could happen, as I cannot root my h815 device. Wrong device id, changed the motherboard once)
Thank you

PS: I didn't use the device for years now...

Last edited:

draskome

Jul 7, 2013
Kotor
OnePlus 6
Huawei P30 Pro
I've tried freezing method ( keeping phone in deep freezer while connected with a pc using cable) and it helped me to backup all important files. I've managed to keep phone alive for an hour or so, and then it was dead. Since phone was under warranty, mobo was replaced..

Regarding baking method, is it possible to repair motherboard that way permanently, or is it just one more temporary solution. How long will phone be in working condition after baking mobo?

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I've tried freezing method ( keeping phone in deep freezer while connected with a pc using cable) and it helped me to backup all important files. I've managed to keep phone alive for an hour or so, and then it was dead. Since phone was under warranty, mobo was replaced..

Regarding baking method, is it possible to repair motherboard that way permanently, or is it just one more temporary solution. How long will phone be in working condition after baking mobo?

It has the most potential to extend the life most. The reason lays in the hardware issue itself. Read this good explanation here:

https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/solution-lg-g4-bootloop-issue-story-t3322382/post65511137

If you have luck that means it lives months to years but it depends on several facts which can be different from phone to phone as the hw fault may be in different states.

sfX

Edit:
Do not forget to vote ;)

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

azertguigui

Dec 23, 2012
Hi friends, my brother's G4 just caught the bootloop problem... It's still under LG official warranty, but the local service in charge of the device told my brother they won't repair it for free since the guy saw the oxidation cap being red, meaning the phone was oxidated...

I've heard that to be a recurrent problem among LG user. The question is : have you heard of someone who went through that and made his phone reach the customer service for a free repair ?? Or do you think it's possible to replace the battery with a non-oxidated cap before sending it ?

Thank for your help :)

psrkallez06

Dec 3, 2011
Copying this from my thread!

First off, I know a bit about electronics (far from an expert) but I still know how to do basic troubleshooting with a multimeter etc.
But since every part in a phone is so smal + I don't own a microscope I need some help)

With that said, The issue I'm having is bootloop, I start the phone, get to the LG Life's Good for about 5 seconds, screen goes black, LG logo again over and over again. I also read that this is a known issue with the G4. So I read a few threads and some said to try using a heatgun on the CPU/the chips. So I took my unregulated heatgun which blows at around 380 degress celsius (it is the only heatgun I have). So very carefully I blew air on the chips for about 3 seconds from far away, I then carefully pressed on the chip to make sure that all the solder joints made contacts with the SMD chips. I started the phone and guess what.. it started up!

So first thing I did was to unlock the bootloader, Installed TWRP + Linage ROM. so far so good, then suddenly after looking around in the settings the screen froze, same thing happend again = bootloop. So I took apart the phone again, blew some air, and it started again (i had to blow multiple times so that the chip got pretty hot). then the phone started again.

My first thought was that the CPU (or something else) get's too hot so that some solder joint jumps off, that's why the hot air works. But when I turned it on the second time, I kept the CPU/Battery under 28 Degrees Celsius, just looking at some pictures. After abount 5 - 10 minutes. Same thing.

I'm getting tired on blowing air on it and I really want to use this phone.

I looked at some videos about installing some heatsinks on it (which I can do). But I'm unsure that the CPU is the issue since I still got the bootloop/freeze when the CPU was cold..

And btw, I can't get into TWRP either when the bootloop is ongoing. The screen just freezes right before I enter recovery.

Got anyone give me some pointers on what I can test? Thanks!!

P.S the reason why the text isn't visible on the chips is because of the heat. i have heated the chips up a LOT of times to get the phone to boot so the text has started to disappear.

Edit: I put some heatsinking tape on the memory + CPU with cooling paste. As usual, worked for a few hours, then bootloop again.

Check thread for pics: https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/lg-g4-h815-bootloop-hardware-issue-help-t3715164

Any help is appriciated!

Reactions: steadfasterX

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Copying this from my thread!

First off, I know a bit about electronics (far from an expert) but I still know how to do basic troubleshooting with a multimeter etc.
But since every part in a phone is so smal + I don't own a microscope I need some help)

With that said, The issue I'm having is bootloop, I start the phone, get to the LG Life's Good for about 5 seconds, screen goes black, LG logo again over and over again. I also read that this is a known issue with the G4. So I read a few threads and some said to try using a heatgun on the CPU/the chips. So I took my unregulated heatgun which blows at around 380 degress celsius (it is the only heatgun I have). So very carefully I blew air on the chips for about 3 seconds from far away, I then carefully pressed on the chip to make sure that all the solder joints made contacts with the SMD chips. I started the phone and guess what.. it started up!

So first thing I did was to unlock the bootloader, Installed TWRP + Linage ROM. so far so good, then suddenly after looking around in the settings the screen froze, same thing happend again = bootloop. So I took apart the phone again, blew some air, and it started again (i had to blow multiple times so that the chip got pretty hot). then the phone started again.

My first thought was that the CPU (or something else) get's too hot so that some solder joint jumps off, that's why the hot air works. But when I turned it on the second time, I kept the CPU/Battery under 28 Degrees Celsius, just looking at some pictures. After abount 5 - 10 minutes. Same thing.

I'm getting tired on blowing air on it and I really want to use this phone.

I looked at some videos about installing some heatsinks on it (which I can do). But I'm unsure that the CPU is the issue since I still got the bootloop/freeze when the CPU was cold..

And btw, I can't get into TWRP either when the bootloop is ongoing. The screen just freezes right before I enter recovery.

Got anyone give me some pointers on what I can test? Thanks!!

P.S the reason why the text isn't visible on the chips is because of the heat. i have heated the chips up a LOT of times to get the phone to boot so the text has started to disappear.

Edit: I put some heatsinking tape on the memory + CPU with cooling paste. As usual, worked for a few hours, then bootloop again.

Check thread for pics: https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/lg-g4-h815-bootloop-hardware-issue-help-t3715164

Any help is appriciated!
Thx for sharing your thoughts here!

Do you have read what's mentioned in the OP?

Advanced disassemble method(s):
The following thread contains several methods to fix the mainboard issue without LG but may require some technical skills to handle but not is the best choice you have when you can't get a new mainboard. Ensure you read all posts there to fin your best choice:

Reactions: Derpthunder

psrkallez06

Dec 3, 2011
Thx for sharing your thoughts here!

Do you have read what's mentioned in the OP?

Advanced disassemble method(s):

Thanks for your answer! yes i have, and i have tried that method but i have a small update!

I installed a file to disable two of the cores. i can now enter TWRP without any issues but i have another problem, the file i downloaded doesn't support linage rom which i have. a user called Agimax wrote this:

Why not just edit the files below for the two large cores (if you have root):
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/online (open file and change from a one to a zero)
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu5/online (open file and change from a one to a zero)

and this is what I'm currently trying to do, but i just can't change the files.. I tried launching TWRP, then using adb to push the file to the location, it does change to 0, but after i restart recovery it's back to 1 again.

I also tried aroma file manager but i always get error 1 when i try to remove/move/rename the file. And i have used chmod 755 before messing with it. any tips on how i can FORCE those two files to change to 0?

Thank you!

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thanks for your answer! yes i have, and i have tried that method but i have a small update!

I installed a file to disable two of the cores. i can now enter TWRP without any issues but i have another problem, the file i downloaded doesn't support linage rom which i have. a user called Agimax wrote this:

Why not just edit the files below for the two large cores (if you have root):
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/online (open file and change from a one to a zero)
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu5/online (open file and change from a one to a zero)

and this is what I'm currently trying to do, but i just can't change the files.. I tried launching TWRP, then using adb to push the file to the location, it does change to 0, but after i restart recovery it's back to 1 again.

I also tried aroma file manager but i always get error 1 when i try to remove/move/rename the file. And i have used chmod 755 before messing with it. any tips on how i can FORCE those two files to change to 0?

Thank you!
No this is not the correct way to achieve what you want. you need to modify the boot image and not changing dynamic files like mentioned there.

We already have a thread where I provide several boot images which have the big cores disabled:

psrkallez06

Dec 3, 2011
No this is not the correct way to achieve what you want. you need to modify the boot image and not changing dynamic files like mentioned there.

We already have a thread where I provide several boot images which have the big cores disabled:

I already tried that, When i flash it it stops the bootloop BUT i can't enter the rom. Instead of getting a bootloop the Linage Rom keeps loading. I never get past that "/

i first flashed: lgg4_twrp_4cores_3.1.1-1.zip

then i tried all of the other ones for the h815, 20p, 20r 20g. Still same issue, (also what is the difference betweel p, r and g?) it keeps loading over and over again. Did i do something wrong?

Last edited:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I already tried that, When i flash it it stops the bootloop BUT i can't enter the rom. Instead of getting a bootloop the Linage Rom keeps loading. I never get past that "/

i first flashed: lgg4_twrp_4cores_3.1.1-1.zip

then i tried all of the other ones for the h815, 20p, 20r 20g. Still same issue, (also what is the difference betweel p, r and g?) it keeps loading over and over again. Did i do something wrong?
Well.. :)
You need to flash a compatible boot image not just some..

If you flash stock firmware 20g you need a 20g boot image..
If you flash LOS 14 you need a LOS 14 boot image..
If you flash RR you need a RR boot image..
... and so on

Give me the link of your exact LOS version flashed and I can prepare it if you like.

( using the thanks button is more welcomed by many ppl then saying ;) )

Last edited:

psrkallez06

Dec 3, 2011
Well.. :)
You need to flash a compatible boot image not just some..

If you flash stock firmware 20g you need a 20g boot image..
If you flash LOS 14 you need a LOS 14 boot image..
If you flash RR you need a RR boot image..
... and so on

Give me the link of your exact LOS version flashed and I can prepare it if you like.

( using the thanks button is more welcomed by many ppl then saying ;) )

I see! Well not sure which version i have.

as i said I'm using Linage ROM, what info etc do you need to make one for me? And of course i will spam that thank you button for helping me! haha :D

https://download.lineageos.org/h815

nightly 14.1 lineage-14.1-20171107-nightly-h815-signed.zip
sha256 sha1 474.35 MB 2017-11-07

Is the one i have!

Also i wrote in the IRC chat!

Last edited:

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro

as i said I'm using Linage ROM, what info etc do you need to make one for me? And of course i will spam that thank you button for helping me! haha :D

Is the one i have!

Ok great that's all I need and pls remove the screenshot with your imei!! Don't share this in public..

I may can do that tomorrow or Monday latest.

Btw: You can click on every post which is useful for you (not just mine but in general) as you can not use a thanks multiple times on the same post ;)

psrkallez06

Dec 3, 2011
Ok great that's all I need and pls remove the screenshot with your imei!! Don't share this in public..

Btw: You can click on every post which is useful for you (not just mine but in general) as you can not use a thanks multiple times on the same post ;)

Sorry i removed the picture, I'm new at this stuff! haha. Thanks for the warning! Got it! Atm I'm looking into on how to unpack the boot.img, gonna try some stuff myself in the meantime hehe :D

Edit: Do you know a tutorial where is shows how i can modify the boot.img myself? or maybe if you can explain? or is it advanced/complicated to do? :)

Edit2: I know how to unpack and pack the boot.img, but not sure which file and line to edit etc!

Last edited:

floast

Aug 26, 2015
izmir
hello .. ı have h815 V20l bootloop device... ı flashed your marshmellow tot file but ı got secure device but unsecured image error

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Complete list of methods to "fix" or preventing the G4 bootloop

First of all: this is just a link list / index of methods !
    I take no credits or responsibility of those methods its just that I hate to search things again and again and the idea here is to keep the methods in 1 single place
    If I missed one please let me know!

Disclaimer:
    It's your choice and on your own responsibility if using any of those linked methods!

About

What is the ILAPO / Bootloop?

LG Electronics has been made aware of a booting issue with the LG G4 smartphone that has now been identified as resulting from a loose contact between components. Customers who are experiencing booting issues with their LG G4s should contact their local carrier from where the G4 was purchased or a nearby LG Service Center (www.lg.com/common) for repair under full warranty.

Customers who purchased their G4 devices from non-carrier retailers should contact an LG Service Center with the understanding that warranty conditions will differ. LG Electronics is committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service and apologizes for the inconvenience caused to some of our customers who initially received incorrect diagnoses.

Read more about it here:

Backup

If you can still get into download mode I would recommend to do a full real nandroid backup before anything else: https://bit.do/SALTatXDA

Current state

There are only two real fixes available for the G4 bootloop and one advanced one:
    1. Replace the mainboard or
    2. send it to LG for warranty repair

3. Disassemble device for soldering/heat paste

For those out of warranty:
    1. Replace the mainboard on your own in ~20 minutes: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/LG+G4+Motherboard+Replacement/51202
    2. All the other methods described here can bring back some life back to your device but no one can say if that means minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months (all these are reported time ranges).

the baking/oven method is clearly the one with the best chance of success and the longest life expectancy but it has one important limitation: toxic fumes.
    Read the corresponding hint on that method with care!

Precautionary measure (unlocked devices only)
    (skip to the next topic for locked devices)

There are users reporting that this method even works when it actually bootloops but its meant as a precautionary measure mainly:

and to create your own boot image read on here for the ultimative "X cores guide"

I have also created an ilapo TWRP version with the big cores disabled here so if TWRP bootloops try those first:
    Ilapo TWRP

Locked & Unlocked devices

If you do not want to fight with LG support about warranty I would try this first: aboot TOT flashing or hair dryer method A) and if that doesn't worked and even when there is a little risk on using it: the freezer method

The recommended order on fixing the ILAPO would be like this:
    aboot TOT method -> pressure method -> hair dryer method A) -> hair dryer method B) -> baking method (as long as u have an oven which is not used for food anymore) -> ironing method (take care of the unknown temperature issue this has) -> freezer method

Low chances of voiding your warranty (depends on the LG customer service)

1) aboot TOT flashing
    There are users reporting that this method even works when it actually bootloops but its meant as a precautionary measure mainly
    you need to choose the CORRECT aboot TOT file and you need to check your ARB!
    If you flash a lower ARB aboot file you WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!
    http://leech.binbash.rocks:8008/unbricking/max4cores/

High(er) chances of voiding your warranty (depends on the LG customer service)

The following methods MAY get detected by LG customer service and so they MAY reject service on it (warranty void) due to detection of an unauthorized opened device:

2) pressure method:
    https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/lg-g4-bootloop-quick-fix-try-baking-t3633595

3) hair dryer method:
    A) https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/temporary-boot-loop-solution-to-files-t3554469
    B) https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71647715&postcount=41 (checkout the video and the last comments of the writer in the XDA thread)

4) ironing method:
    s-X-s reported here this method as its working for him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=TM9umec5aeo
    While I personally would prefer this method over the baking method its very very risky to use it. The reason is that you have no temperature indicators on an iron and so you may overheat in the worst case..

5) baking method:
    I highly recommend doing this ONLY if you have no other option (or when you do not want to use the oven again!)
    Remember that heating a logic board to high temperatures can release toxic fumes. Don't use an oven you use for food preparation! Toxic fumes can leave residue in the oven and will be re-released upon reheating over many cycles

Details regarding toxic fumes:
    (READ THIS TO UNDERSTAND THE HEALTH RISK!)

Here's a nice PDF from Techni-Tool, a company supplying the electronic production industry with soldering stuff, chemicals, tools and what not. It's not necessarily a paper from a scientific institution but I'd still take their word for it.

6) freezer method: (100% a temporary fix only - e.g. just for taking a backup)
    https://xdaforums.com/tmobile-g4/help/how-to-recover-data-boot-loop-defect-t3297766 (~1 hour at least in freezer)
    (The freezer does not require to open the device BUT: it could be possible that LG may reject such devices for repair due to a water damage (depends on several things so this might or might not happen))
    UPDATE:
    Take out the battery before putting it in the freezer!
    An easy way to prevent any damage is to use a plastic bag which can be closed with a zipper or similar.

7) Advanced disassemble method(s):

Backup

Once booted up backup your data as fast as you can.
    Btw if any of the above succeeds its very very likely that you have a defective hardware again.
    If thats the case you may try another method but the chances to bring it back to life a second time - especially when you used the baking method is at 1% ...

Final destination - R.I.P. 9008 mode

Sooner or later you may reach this.
    lets say u tried all or almost all of the above (especially the baking method) and it still does not work or its the second time you are here then your device is likely completely dead now.

If you turn on your phone and just seeing a black screen and nothing else happens the device is likely in EDL / QDL 9008 mode which is the final end of the journey for your device.
    You can verify this by connecting the device to your PC and watch the device manager while doing so. You should see a new unknown device here named QHUSB...

This has nothing to do with those 9008 unbrick guides u can find here and elsewhere as the hardware fault goes deeper. Of course u can try out those guides (try my PoC unlock guide first..)

Its hard to say but you're gonna have to put up with burying this device.
    Sell it as spare parts and say goodbye..

Credits

The above methods are created or reported by:
    • @celsius0010 (freezer)
    • @rogconnect (baking)
    • @gub1 (baking)
    • @s-X-s (ironing)
    • @nick camel (hair dryer)
    • @Minchan_5 (hair dryer)
    • @sloscotty (pressure)
    • @Martin Elias (aboot TOT)

It has the most potential to extend the life most. The reason lays in the hardware issue itself. Read this good explanation here:

https://xdaforums.com/g4/help/solution-lg-g4-bootloop-issue-story-t3322382/post65511137

If you have luck that means it lives months to years but it depends on several facts which can be different from phone to phone as the hw fault may be in different states.

sfX

Edit:
    Do not forget to vote ;)

@steadfasterX Do you still have time to make the boot.img from the Linage Rom? i would really appriciate it! Cheers.

ah sorry but I forgot.. :rolleyes:
    see here

Cheers

Is the one i have!