[Guide] Unlocking Bootloader and Disabling VerifiedBoot

Search This thread

nullxception

Nov 24, 2019
Vallis Rheita
Code:
/* Your warranty is now void (or isn't ? who am I to judge ?) */

Finally, we got a shiny DeepTesting.apk that compatible with Realme 6 Pro.
Thanks to @barakcodam for leaking it, and @Rizezky for providing a Google Drive mirror of it.

Disclaimer
  • This tutorial requires adb and fastboot installed on your computer. So, you should prepare it first. How to install them ? google it according to your os (Windows/Linux/BSD/Mac).
  • Unlocking bootloader will wipe your data, backup it first.
  • Due to Android 10 Dynamic Partition, there's no fully-working TWRP available yet. So the only way to root your phone is patching boot.img through Magisk Manager. You can grab boot.img from Flashable Stock ROM .ozip

Unlocking Bootloader

• download the deeptesting.apk for Realme 6 Pro : https://drive.google.com/file/d/16az-7SHoPyJhDIi4p4x7wj1cRUcsPwCM/view
  • open it and apply for in-depth test
  • Go to Developer options, enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
  • open In-depth test again and tap "Query verification status" on the top corner
  • tap "Start the in-depth test", and you'll will reboot to bootloader
  • on your computer, open cmd/terminal, and type :
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
  • on your phone, select "yes". now your phone will reboot and data is being wiped, and you have unlocked bootloader.

Disabling Verified Boot

In order to boot a custom boot-partition (for magisk or custom kernel purposes) or custom recovery, you have to disable verified boot, otherwise you can't boot to the OS.

• download vbmeta.img in the attachment
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  • after entering fastboot, type :
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  • Now you can flash your custom boot.img and it'll boot just fine.

Attachments

• patched-vbmeta-v2.img
    64 KB · Views: 10,290
Last edited:

Felix Siahaan

Aug 1, 2017
Jakarta
Code:

Thanks to @barakcodam for leaking it, and @Rizezky for providing a Google Drive mirror of it.

Disclaimer
This tutorial requires adb and fastboot installed on your computer. So, you should prepare it first.
How to install them ? google it according to your os (Windows/Linux/BSD/Mac).
Unlocking bootloader will wipe your data, backup it first.

Unlocking Bootloader

• download the deeptesting.apk for Realme 6 Pro : https://drive.google.com/file/d/16az-7SHoPyJhDIi4p4x7wj1cRUcsPwCM/view
  • open In-depth test again and tap "Query verification status" on the top corner
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
  • on your phone, select "yes". now your phone will reboot and data is being wiped, and you have unlocked bootloader.

Disabling Verified Boot

In order to boot a custom boot-partition (for magisk or custom kernel purposes) or custom recovery, you have to disable verified boot, otherwise you can't boot to the OS.

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:

Ah thank you...
Already tried with flashing disable DM verity but it failed and make me need to flash original boot.img file.

How can I so stupid not to flash vbmeta.img? :(

And yes, with this method I can confirm root with Magisk run smoothly.

:good::good::good:

Muhammed159753

May 31, 2020
Stock boot image is around 65 mb in size. But patched_boot.img with magisk is only 13.2 mb in size. So will it cause any damage when flashing patched boot image?

nullxception

Nov 24, 2019
Vallis Rheita
Stock boot image is around 65 mb in size. But patched_boot.img with magisk is only 13.2 mb in size. So will it cause any damage when flashing patched boot image?

No, that 65mb is size of the whole partition block, not the actual size of the whole files inside of it.
If you try to manually unpack the boot.img, and then repack it, the size will go down to around that.

Reactions: Muhammed159753

Muhammed159753

May 31, 2020
@AT nullexception Thanks for your reply. So Can I flash magisk patched boot image after flashing vbmeta.img? Will my phone get bootloop?

SignatureBoy

Dec 26, 2014
Karachi, Pakistan
Stuck in Bootloader,
Does anyone has patched boot.img, as i unlocked the Bootloader then disabled the verification , flashed vbmeta.img, Installed TWRP and from TWRP flashed magisk.zip but now phone only boots to bootloader.

Do i need to flash back to stock or there is any other solution so i can get Root ?

Muhammed159753

May 31, 2020
Stuck in Bootloader,
Does anyone has patched boot.img, as i unlocked the Bootloader then disabled the verification , flashed vbmeta.img, Installed TWRP and from TWRP flashed magisk.zip but now phone only boots to bootloader.

Do i need to flash back to stock or there is any other solution so i can get Root ?
/////////////////////////////
Which version of magisk.zip did you flash?

SignatureBoy

Dec 26, 2014
Karachi, Pakistan
/////////////////////////////
Which version of magisk.zip did you flash?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Thank you so much but i am afraid to flash it again as it was really hard to revive it back i had to send it to Service center, and pretended that the newest update has done all issues.
They were not agreeing to flash as bootloader was unlocked then after so many request they agreed and said do not update the fone to lastest update.

Boot loader is unlocked so tell me how can i do the root session STEP BY STEP please
and also if you have the MBN version of the stock rom then give me the link as MSMDOWNLOADTOOL does not work without Paid ID and Password.

kkrraazzyy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 24, 2009
XDA 24/7
Xiaomi Poco F1
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Code:

Disclaimer
  • This tutorial requires adb and fastboot installed on your computer. So, you should prepare it first. How to install them ? google it according to your os (Windows/Linux/BSD/Mac).
  • Due to Android 10 Dynamic Partition, there's no fully-working TWRP available yet. So the only way to root your phone is patching boot.img through Magisk Manager. You can grab boot.img from Flashable Stock ROM .ozip

Unlocking Bootloader

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

Disabling Verified Boot

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
will u help me in unlocking the bootloader for vivo iqoo3 i have tried everything for unlocking the bootloader but i have not got any success with that

kindly give the reply as early as possible

S1duk

Jul 4, 2020
Will this work on all versions of the realme 6 pro?

I've got the rmx2063 version and I want to root it with magisk' will I be able to do it after doing this?
Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:

Disclaimer

Unlocking Bootloader

Code:
      fastboot flashing unlock

Disabling Verified Boot

Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      Code:
    Once you get into bootloader following OP, verify "fastboot devices" command is working. If not, your device isn't recognized in fastboot. Open device manager and check.

adb and fast boot download

Unlock Bootloader Tutorial for realme 6 Pro (Android 10) from realme official forum

Steps to install magisk after unlocking bootloader and without installing twrp.
    Backup and factory data reset first.
    1. Grab .ozip (3.4G) from realme.com you should update to downloaded .ozip first. (copy .ozip file to your phone's external sd card, if something terrible happens, this might be useful.)
    2. Extract boot.img from .ozip, copy to your phone.
    3. Install magisk manager.
    4. Open magisk manager.
    5. Click install Magisk.
    6. Choose " Select and patch a file"
    7. Select copied boot.img.
    8. Copy patched boot.img to pc.
    9. Rename patched boot image to boot.img
    10. Flash patched boot.img

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (this will probably bootloop, if you dare you can skip this and try to reboot after flashing patched boot.img)

As for me bootloop occured and I tried the below steps.

If you get bootloop after flashing patched vbmeta.img, flash original vbmeta.img extracted from
    downloaded .ozip
    (It will be trickier to get into fastboot in bootloop, hold down volume down, once you enter fastboot quickly execute command before sudden reboot)

After successful boot, open magisk you will see magisk installed.
    What is your widevine level after that?
    L3 of course

No, that 65mb is size of the whole partition block, not the actual size of the whole files inside of it.
    If you try to manually unpack the boot.img, and then repack it, the size will go down to around that.