Changing APN settings - not saving

Search This thread

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
The reason for disappearing APNs is 'fix for payed applications' in whatever build you running. You have 2 options:

1 Remove 'fix for payed applications' from system.rc (you live in Canada and I guess that you don't need it anyway).

2 Make your APN and don't change MNC and MCC values(save). Make your APN default. Edit APN again and change MNC and MCC(save).
APN will disappear but after reboot data will work!!!

I hope this will help

I've used the replacement lib from rls3 and I have tried to do step 2. The replacement lib gives me generic "android" as APN, and step 2 works if having android still be default in the settings means it's working on bell's network. Is system.rc in the nbh?

I also tried editing the conf file apns-conf.xml it has this:

Code:
  <apn carrier="Bell Internet"
      mcc="302"
      mnc="610"
      apn="pda.bell.ca"
      mmsc="ht tp://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc"
      type="default,supl,mms"
  />

I was trying this:

Code:
  <apn carrier="Bell Internet"
      mcc="302"
      mnc="610"
      apn="pda.bell.ca"
      proxy="web.wireless.bell.ca"
      port="80"
      mmsc="ht tp://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc"
      mmsproxy="web.wireless.bell.ca"
      mmsport="80"
      type="default,supl,mms"
  />

*space in http to allow this message to post.

rkantos

Jun 22, 2010
I was having this problem with my SGS. I just deleted the apns-conf.xml located in /etc/system

This requires root+terminal+busybox. Then just use a command 'busybox rm /etc/system/apns-conf.xml Just replied to note...

Reactions: LaDEEKill3R

g0c

Feb 9, 2010
I was having this problem with my SGS. I just deleted the apns-conf.xml located in /etc/system

This requires root+terminal+busybox. Then just use a command 'busybox rm /etc/system/apns-conf.xml Just replied to note...
exactly my issues (WAS) on SGS but i tried succesfuly another solution

enter your APN settings, save it -> it would appear that it's not saved

reboot

go into your APN settings -> none there

create new one, enter settings , SAVE and voila ! it's there.

tap the circle to turn it on (green) and you are set to go.

awmartin

Feb 19, 2010
exactly my issues (WAS) on SGS but i tried succesfuly another solution

enter your APN settings, save it -> it would appear that it's not saved

reboot

go into your APN settings -> none there

create new one, enter settings , SAVE and voila ! it's there.

tap the circle to turn it on (green) and you are set to go.

This does not seem to be working when I change the MMC and MNC. I think I have tried about every variation of this and that and I still can't get this stupid APNs to save my settings after I change the MMC and MNC. Any suggestions?

awmartin

Feb 19, 2010
The reason for disappearing APNs is 'fix for payed applications' in whatever build you running. You have 2 options:

1 Remove 'fix for payed applications' from system.rc (you live in Canada and I guess that you don't need it anyway).

2 Make your APN and don't change MNC and MCC values(save). Make your APN default. Edit APN again and change MNC and MCC(save).
APN will disappear but after reboot data will work!!!

I hope this will help

Millence,

Can you elaborate on how your Remove 'fix for payed applications' from system.rc? I have been working with a few people that have CDMA Motorola Milestones and we are having the same issue with the APN settings and trying to add in our local carrier after we flash a custom ROM. Any help would be awesome.

nathsgames

Oct 27, 2010
Gold Coast
HI was there ever a resolution to this thread as I have this issue on my Froyo'd Samsung Galaxy S.

These are my carrier APN's but if I set the MNC to 02, they do not save, thanks.

Obviously if I leave the MNC at 029 it saves but doesn't work?:confused:

Name: Virgin Internet
APN: VirginInternet
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
MMS proxy:
MMS port:
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
APN type: default

These are the details for the MMS one:

Name: Virgin MMS
APN: VirginMMS
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: had to remove this to get the post through
MMS proxy: 202.139.83.152
MMS port: 8070
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
APN type: mms

seanvanduzen

Apr 1, 2011
APN Settings not saving

Using Sony Ericsson X10 I had same problem after replacing a defective SIM card from Bell Mobility. Solution was to use Sony Ericsson PC Companion | Support Zone | Software Update | Repair

This resets the phone's OS so make sure (as warned in the procedure) you use Backup feature in the phone to save your contacts and settings.

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Using Sony Ericsson X10 I had same problem after replacing a defective SIM card from Bell Mobility. Solution was to use Sony Ericsson PC Companion | Support Zone | Software Update | Repair

This resets the phone's OS so make sure (as warned in the procedure) you use Backup feature in the phone to save your contacts and settings.

thanks for the useless information on an outdated thread, first our phone is an htc phone 2nd off we are cdma over here and you also arent even using the same model

Aiex Rlder

Aug 12, 2010
sorry to dig this up but did anyone ever find a solution for this? changing apn mnc/mcc results in APNs not saving :(

Millence

Oct 2, 2009
Beograd
To shorten the process apply this androidupdate.tar

It contains sysini.rc with lines in question marked out.

These two lines enable marketenable.sh to be run like service and owervrite MCC and MNC values. When you remove these two lines MCC and MNC values ​​will be read from mobile network.

This should help, but let me know how it went.

Attachments

• androidupdate.tar
    20 KB · Views: 458

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.