Rcmix3d q&a

Search This thread

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
As some of you have come from the captivate know what I did there with Rom Q&A threads. I am doing the same here. In an effort to clean up the site. All Rom related question shall from now on be posted in the proper Q&A or will be deleted on sight.

MoJoe277

Apr 22, 2011
Fort Worth, TX.
Audio Notif for text messages

I've noticed that all audio notifications work great, except for text messages "Message". I have sound enabled for the notif and have the audio tone selected for all notifs, but I can't figure out why I get no audio notif when I recieve a text message. Any ideas? SWEET ROM!

misd

Sep 4, 2010
i tried to flash Rcmix3d runny v2.2....but after first boot i was stuck on htc boot screen for sm HOURS....then i decided to try diff ROM, then i flashed Virtuous Unity v2.39 and i was successful.....so what would be problem with rcmix and i tried evrythng from clearing, redownloading, etc

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
i tried to flash Rcmix3d runny v2.2....but after first boot i was stuck on htc boot screen for sm HOURS....then i decided to try diff ROM, then i flashed Virtuous Unity v2.39 and i was successful.....so what would be problem with rcmix and i tried evrythng from clearing, redownloading, etc

Try the new one

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

RickEphraims

Jul 29, 2011
I flashed 3.3 earlier today with 4EXT. Make sure you do a clean install first,
Format data, Format Cache, Clean install. Spend time with Family (optional)

:D

Reactions: guido.rosso

Ephemeralness

Apr 8, 2011
Steilacoom
www.unfoldingmyth.com
This is the first Sense rom I've actually felt like sticking with. I really like the speed and stability.

I came from GingerBeast AOSP. Most of my music collection is FLAC. I used the Music Beta (or whatever it's called) that's available in the Market. On GingerBeast it played my FLAC just fine, but with Rcmix it won't even recognize them. I know there are other apps that do recognize FLAC, but that's not what I want. My question is this: if codec support is app specific then shouldn't the app recognize my FLAC no matter the ROM? Or do I have it all wrong?

b3nny

Oct 27, 2010
I lost my su access after I flashed this rom. I tried updating the su binary but it said the path was not found any help?

trell959

Dec 20, 2010
California
I lost my su access after I flashed this rom. I tried updating the su binary but it said the path was not found any help?

Try downloading superuser update fixer. It's free from the market and it should fix your problem. If that doesnt work, then go into Rom manager and download the SU binaries and flash them in recovery

Happy Halloween!!!! Sent from my Inspire 4g

guido.rosso

Jul 19, 2010
This is the smoothest ROM yet. Everything feels hardware accelerated and fluid compared to the others I've tested (MIUI and Revolution HD). Only problem I'm having is that it will randomly restart. When it restarts, it gets stuck in a boot loop. Have to pull the battery to get it to reboot properly.

HTC_Phone

Mar 20, 2010
Kansas City
Does anyone know why there are two options for every widget?

Also... Concerning the QuickLaunch widget. every time i place the widget, it disappears when I scroll between screens.

Attachments

• 2011-11-01_18-48-23.jpg
    2011-11-01_18-48-23.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I flashed 3.3 earlier today with 4EXT. Make sure you do a clean install first,
    Format data, Format Cache, Clean install. Spend time with Family (optional)

:D
    I would wipe again and wipe system also. You can also use Mike1986's superwipe script. It will wipe everything and format it to ext4, which most roms are nowadays. When it is finished it will check for errors on your partitions. It is a nice easy way to wipe and format. It will not touch your external sd card. Version 3.3 of this rom does not wipe at all. The next version will. Normally I wipe system, cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory restore, but like I said, the script is a nice easy way to do the same thing. I would also check the MD5 sum for your rom download to make sure that you have a good file. I have attached both the superwipe script and a program that you can use to check MD5 checksums for downloads. Use the superwipe script in recovery. Use the MD5 program on a Windows computer. Copy and paste the MD5 sum that is given for the download and then browse and select the downloaded rom or file.
    Sorry but that is what isnt happening. It plays some generic sound for my email instead.

I'm not sure if you read my question entirely...

My current notification sound is "Sonic Ring" (its the sound effect when sonic collects a ring).

Anyone else have any ideas?

there are two ways to change the default notification sound, one is Menu > Settings > Sound > Notification sound

The other is Menu > Settings > Personalize > (this is where it gets tricky) There is a tab at the bottom that says Sound (press it) Then you tap Notification sound and it shows you the screen below (see attached). Then tap Email and change it to what you want.

which way are you trying?
    A zip can be created to be flashed in recovery, or if you don't have a zip to flash you could rename the animation to htc_bootanimation and replace the one in data/local using Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium app.
    Well, if you are asking then I do not believe that you are overclocked. You would have had to change things yourself. Any new apps installed or have you done anything different? If not then reboot your phone and try to monitor it and see if it does it again. It could have just been a weird fluke.