Samsung vs. HTC... Clear winner.

Search This thread

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Lots of posts complaining about the latest Samsung devices, Galaxy SkyRocket & Galaxy Nexus.

I started out the month of November with both the HTC Vivid & the Galaxy SkyRocket. I kept the HTC Vivid for myself after a week of using both and this morning I received a shiny new Nexus.

ICS 4.0 seems buggy at best, and while there are some nice additions, they took too much away from the device. Search functions are crippled, no flash and inconsistent menu items make navigation a bit hard at times. Facebook is broken (menu again) and it will not function as a USB storage device, media profile only.

Once again, Samsung has disappointed and I feel great about keeping the HTC Vivid.

drewdatrip

Mar 2, 2011
Socal
I don't think that's a fair comparison. ICS has not been created for either device.
While I do.agree I prefer the hardware of the vivid comparing Gingerbread with.Sence 3.0 overlay to a beta ICS without proper driver support doesn't really work

Drew

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

ClippinWings

Oct 18, 2010
Orange County, CA
I don't think that's a fair comparison. ICS has not been created for either device.
While I do.agree I prefer the hardware of the vivid comparing Gingerbread with.Sence 3.0 overlay to a beta ICS without proper driver support doesn't really work

Drew

He said he got a nexus. ICS has most certainly been created for the nexus... Specifically for the nexus.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

drewdatrip

Mar 2, 2011
Socal
Sounded as if he was comparing on all.three devices. Maybe not. Oh well.

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
Samsung went and sat in a room and said what can we do to lure iPhone users. What do they love about their phone?

They went and 1upped them in all those aspects. Problem is, I don't want an iPhone or a super iPhone. I like the Vivid and I've been a fan of HTC since forever. Wasn't a moto fan, but the Atrix was impressive. People hated on it, but to be honest it was great (unlock bootloader or not).

I dont want an over saturated screen, feather weight, colorful device (TW4 and their icons).

edit: Am I still dreaming to think companies like HTC and Moto can start releasing vanilla (+unlocked) versions of their devices? I don't need it to be subsidized!

deepsunn

Nov 15, 2011
This all really a matter of opinion--they're just phones. But I've done my fair share of fiddling with Samsung devices in the past. I've never really liked my dad's Captivate and had a friend with an SII. I was moving from an iPhone 4 to an Android device when I was looking at my upgrade options. HTC was extremely attractive to me, so when the Vivid came out I went to a local AT&T store and looked at the Vivid and Skyrocket (literally) side-by-side. The Vivid won out for me and I have no regrets. If someone else likes the Skyrocket more, then cool. So far though, I haven't been extremely impressed with Samsung's line-up of smartphones...

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
When it comes down to it, its user preffence, I've owned afew HTC's and can see the pros & cons..

Same as owning countless Samsung devices..I can see the pro & cons

Build quality on HTC phones are great but way to heavy, not my cup of tea..

HTC screens are not the best, not saying samsungs are but I actually like the colors on my S2, watching movies or really anything looks amazing..

I do agree on samsungs part of half assing structural phone quality ..but the screen and balance outweighs it all.

About the Galaxy Nexus, it seems to me abit rushed but the reality about Galaxy Nexus is alot of people forgetting that most apps are not yet compatible for android 4.0 or haven't been updated, so that's where you get alot of complaints ..also saw something about volume going low by its self, probly a software issue that will be addressed soon..

On a positive of Nexus is there support for there devices, no one can deny that.

I enjoy most devices and tinkering with them and basicly flash the same rom on all my devices, so I don't really mess around with touchwiz or sense..let alone blur:p

Im a big AOSP lover so either I'm on Cyanogen or anything based of AOSP..

So since I mod my phones I look into..

Development support..
& Specs..

If I wasn't gonna modify my device I'd get an iPhone..(which i also own):p

My beater phone right now is a HTC Glacier, not the newest phone but it works..

Just saying..didn't post here to cause any drama but the main point is user preffence.;)

Sent from my CM7 SGS II