[Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.5 for ATRIX 2 MB865 AT&T USA [Fastboot Files]

Search This thread

MechaGen

Sep 9, 2008
Puyallup WA
Samsung Galaxy S20
Okay, I'm boot looping. Tried to do the "three line ever root method" from the development thread "[HOW TO] Update to 2.3.6 OTA Preserving Root Access! Working!! And Tested!"

which I believe incorrectly states:

"chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk"

Where as this thread says :

"chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk"

My problem now is trying to flash with RSD Light 5.6, I keep getting the following error:

"SDL
Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing. "

I've downloaded the FXZ file three times, checking MD5 each time.

Some background:
New phone
One click root

Please Help!

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Okay, I'm boot looping. Tried to do the "three line ever root method" from the development thread "[HOW TO] Update to 2.3.6 OTA Preserving Root Access! Working!! And Tested!"

which I believe incorrectly states:

"chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk"

Where as this thread says :

"chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk"

My problem now is trying to flash with RSD Light 5.6, I keep getting the following error:

"SDL
Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing. "

I've downloaded the FXZ file three times, checking MD5 each time.

Some background:
New phone
One click root

Please Help!

Actually your issue was using ES file manager... In the other thread that you posted in about keeping root through the OTA. There is a post that states NOT to use ES file manager, it messes up the mount_ext3.sh files permissions. The reason I do the 644 perms is because I am a UNIX guy by trade, and adding that 4 to the beginning runs the script as root, which is not needed and a huge security issue... so 644 should do exactly what is needed, and not leave a huge security issue on your phone.

Reactions: MechaGen and Zoide_

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
can you explain flashing device_tree please trying to help a buddy with his phone doing the same thing

You will need the original fxz file, then look at the noob thread, on ho to flash the fxz.

Here is the how to, after you have updated to 2.3.6, this goes with the 2.3.5 fxz noted here in the OP....

How to flash the FXZ once applying the OTA update and get back to 2.3.5, ONCE YOU UPDATE TO THE OTS 2.3.6 YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FLASH THE 2.3.5 FXZ WITHOUT FOLLOWING THESE STEPS BELOW!!

NOTE: Download this file HERE -
Unzip it and move all the the items in it to the stock fxz. You might get a warning about replacing files, just click OK. NOTE that Windows might not be able to handle the size of the fxz. I have 6 GB RAM but Windows still wasn't able to perform a drag-and-drop through the fxz's zip. I recommend that you just unzip the fxz and then put the files in. (You don't have to rezip it either, RSD Lite will still recognize it and will flash faster).

You should be able to use RSD Lite to flash the file.

Reactions: Zoide_

jtsativa420

Nov 23, 2011
You will need the original fxz file, then look at the noob thread, on ho to flash the fxz.

Here is the how to, after you have updated to 2.3.6, this goes with the 2.3.5 fxz noted here in the OP....

i did that and it is still failing on step three and booting into ap fastboot every time. i even tried updating the xml file deleting the two lines stated and then it failed on step one

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
i did that and it is still failing on step three and booting into ap fastboot every time. i even tried updating the xml file deleting the two lines stated and then it failed on step one

Have you tried the manual way to flash with fastboot commands? I posted that elsewhere in this thread, and also in a few other places, but here it is again....

unzip the fxz file, then cd to that directory:

Code:
 fastboot erase userdata 
fastboot erase cache 
fastboot flash system system.img 
fastboot flash boot boot.img 
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 
fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
Now no guarantees that this works.

Last edited:

jtsativa420

Nov 23, 2011
Have you tried the manual way to flash with fastboot commands? I posted that elsewhere in this thread, and also in a few other places, but here it is again....

unzip the fxz file, then cd to that directory:

Code:
 fastboot erase userdata 
fastboot erase cache 
fastboot flash system system.img 
fastboot flash boot boot.img 
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 
fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
Now no guarantees that this works.

tried that and fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable prograM OR BATCH FILE

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
by default installing the android sdk doesn't change anything in the Windows PATH... since cmd didn't recognize the fastboot command I first I assumed that he didn't change anything to his PATH after installing the SDK.

This compile of fastboot looks for the windows api and dll in the .\lib\ directory, I think, so it needs to go where the rest of the other SDK exec files are, such as adb.

Rick7C2

Sep 5, 2008
My Atrix 2 will not boot past the Dual Core Technology screen. Really need the fastboot file for USA Atrix 2. Please reupload if you have it.

Thanks,
Rick

Rick7C2

Sep 5, 2008
I only see a link for "InlineFlashing_edison_5.5.175.16_cfc_p3_APBP_CID28 5"

I need "Blur_Version.55.11.16.MB865.ATT.en.US" I have a US Atrix 2, There is no link for it...At least not for me.?

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I only see a link for "InlineFlashing_edison_5.5.175.16_cfc_p3_APBP_CID28 5"

I need "Blur_Version.55.11.16.MB865.ATT.en.US" I have a US Atrix 2, There is no link for it...At least not for me.?

"Blur_Version.55.11.16.MB865.ATT.en.US" is for OTAs. "InlineFlashing_edison_5.5.175.16_cfc_p3_APBP_CID28 5" is the name of the fastboot file (fxz) for the MB865 (USA A2).

Check out the noob thread for a full tutorial.

kojitabe

Feb 15, 2011
The link does not work for me,it says "404 error"
Please reupload or there is a thing to sort this problem?

Multiupload site on the noob thread does not work either.
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts