[WARNING! + GUIDE] Backup and Restore IMEI / NV Data Procedure for GT-I9305

Search This thread

fallendevil

May 25, 2010
Kinloss
PLEASE IGNORE THIS DUP OF OTHERS POSTS
[B said:
  • Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.
    [/B]

• I do not have the option for qualcomm usb :eek: - just get the following:-

UART
    Modem
    or
    PDA

USB
    Modem
    PDA

Save/Reset

Galaxy i9305 LTE Titanium
    there are also no options available when pressing the menu key, so nothing i can see there.

Any advice appreciated as i have lost my IMEI etc and would like to PM you after i set up the software for guidance.

Cheers.
    eXc

Last edited:

tauran

Oct 17, 2012
PLEASE IGNORE THIS DUP OF OTHERS POSTS

I do not have the option for qualcomm usb :eek: - just get the following:-

UART
Modem
or
PDA

USB
Modem
PDA

Save/Reset

Galaxy i9305 LTE Titanium
there are also no options available when pressing the menu key, so nothing i can see there.

Any advice appreciated as i have lost my IMEI etc and would like to PM you after i set up the software for guidance.

Cheers.
eXc

Looks like you are in the same boat as me, looks like we're going to have to wait for the workaround.

lyriquidperfection

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham
Can you both start by emailing me a QCN backup of your device to:

gaz2613@gmail.com along with a pic of the back of your phone clearly displaying your IMEI. This is to verify the IMEI belongs to you.

I may require other info but for now this will give me something to analyze.

I want to compare your QCN files with mine to see what other differences there might be.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Auro2k

Oct 21, 2012
Hey guys, i crash my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE yesterday.

My fault I had was the wrong instructions, and use the firmware from I9300. Now I get no signal and my IMEI is null / null

I have already tried to install Stock FW without success. Factory settings reset also does not work either via the menu or by hard reset: * 2767 * 3855 #

Please help me !! :crying:

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 1,348
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 1,273
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 1,283

tauran

Oct 17, 2012
Hey guys, i crash my Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE yesterday.

My fault I had was the wrong instructions, and use the firmware from I9300. Now I get no signal and my IMEI is null / null

I have already tried to install Stock FW without success. Factory settings reset also does not work either via the menu or by hard reset: * 2767 * 3855 #

Please help me !! :crying:

have you got root on your device?
if so, follow the instructions in post 1 and you'll ready for the next set of instructions to repair.

if no root, install the pre-reooted firmware found in this forum and you'll be on your way.

tauran

Oct 17, 2012
get yourself setup, hopefully imei restore instructions will be up soon.

Setting up QPST with your PC:

Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.
Download and Install: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1590.exe - 23.06 MB if you don't already have Kies or a USB Driver installed.
Download and Install: QPST v2.7.378.zip - 14.68 MB
Now connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and wait for Drivers to install.
Start the 'QPST Configuration' application and select the 'Ports' tab then press the 'Add New Port...' button. Select the COM Port that has 'USB/QC Diagnostic' next to it, change the Port Label if you like to 'Samsung GT-I9305' then press 'OK'. You should now see your phone listed in the 'Ports' tab and the 'State' should indicate 'Enabled'. You can now Close this application.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

if you cant access qualcomm setting follow this:
Quote:
If the 'Qualcomm USB Settings' Button is missing from the PhoneUtil application then execute the following command in a Terminal Emulator to launch the Qualcomm USB Settings page directly:

su -c 'am start -n com.sec.android.app.phoneutil/com.sec.android.app.phoneutil.USBSettings'

Please Note: You must be rooted or this command will not work.

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Ok so even if one of us has a backup, What will happen if we loose our IMEI, Does this mean we cant go into Qualcomm usb settings to restore? Am i right here? Does this mean this workaround is actually for everyone as if we loose IMEI we also loose the function to restore it?

Or does that terminal command bypass this fault? Have you guys then managed to restore your phone since your able to now go into qualcom usb settings?

Last edited:

cyborg24

Sep 30, 2012
Once the loss of IMEI+ restore issue is sorted I recommend the op gets a rewrite and stickied. This thread is too important to get lost in the forum pages.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! DO NOT FLASH YOUR DEVICE UNTIL YOU HAVE BACKED UP YOUR IMEI / NV DATA IN THIS GUIDE!

Click HERE for information on the long awaited and all new EFS Professional v2.0 including download! Now supporting Qualcomm devices! :)

Setting up QPST with your PC:

• Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.
    • Download and Install: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1590.exe - 23.06 MB if you don't already have Kies or a USB Driver installed.
    • Download and Install: QPST v2.7.378.zip - 14.68 MB
    • Now connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and wait for Drivers to install.
    • Start the 'QPST Configuration' application and select the 'Ports' tab then press the 'Add New Port...' button.
    • Select the COM Port that has 'USB/QC Diagnostic' next to it, change the Port Label if you like to 'Samsung GT-I9305' then press 'OK'.
    • You should now see your phone listed in the 'Ports' tab and the 'State' should indicate 'Enabled'.
    • You can now Close this application.

Backing Up IMEI / NV Data:
    • Start the 'Software Download' application and select the 'Backup' tab.
    • Press the 'Browse' button and choose a Save Location for your QCN File.
    • Press the 'Start' button and wait for it to finish. This will back up all your phones NV Items and save them to the QCN Backup File.
    • The resulting QCN Backup File should be 250KB.

Restoring IMEI / NV Data:

• Start the 'Software Download' application and select the 'Restore' tab.
    • Press the 'Browse' button and select your QCN Backup File.
    • Press the 'Start' button and wait for it to finish. This will restore all your phones NV Items from the QCN Backup File.
    • Your IMEI / NV Data should now be fully restored. Dial *#06# on your phones keypad to check your IMEI is restored.

Restore USB Settings after Backup / Restore:

• Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'MTP + ADB' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now back to default USB operation.
    If the 'Qualcomm USB Settings' Button is missing from the PhoneUtil application then execute the following command in a Terminal Emulator to launch the Qualcomm USB Settings page directly:

su -c 'am start -n com.sec.android.app.phoneutil/com.sec.android.app.phoneutil.USBSettings'

Please Note: You must be rooted or this command will not work.

Recovering IMEI And Data Connection After Flashing WRONG Root Package Intended For I9300:

• Make sure you have Samsung Kies or the Samsung USB Driver installed on your PC.
    • Download and Extract: Odin3 3.04.zip - 457.11 KB to your PC if you don't already have it.
    • Download and Extract: Param_Bin_I9305.zip - 612.14 KB to your PC.
    • With your Phone Switched Off, press and hold: 'VOL DN' + 'HOME' + 'POWER' to enter Download Mode.
    • Connect your phone to your PC via USB Cable and start Odin.
    • Check your phone is connected by seeing if a COM Port in a Blue box is present under ID:COM.
    • Press the 'PDA' Button and select the 'Param_Bin_I9305.tar.md5' file you extracted from the Zip Archive earlier.
    • Press the 'Start' Button and wait for it to finish flashing. If successful, you will see a Green Box with 'PASS!'.
    • Wait for your phone to reboot then go to your Dialer and press: *#06#. You should now see your IMEI and your Data Connection will be back.

If I have saved your bacon then please buy me a coffee! :)
    Okay I can now confirm I have a working fix for those who have lost their IMEI and Data Connection by flashing the Wrong CF-Root intended for the I9300.

Check out the first post in this thread at the bottom for the solution.

Confirmed working by: nixxss - Thanks for testing!
    Do you know where I can get a higher build than Version 2.7 Build 422 for QPST? Here is 422 if you don't have it.

Hello, fellow QPST users.

QPST 2.7 Build 4.2.2 is a fake version with keylogger.
    Some a$$hole downloaded latest public QPST build (4.0.2) and decompiled MSI installer package, then edited all "4.0.2" to "4.2.2", added "fake changelog", added keylogger (qualcomm.exe), then repackaged and spread around web!

Everyone who downloaded QPST build "4.2.2" should change all his passwords.

More info about malware from fake 4.2.2 build (QPST.2.7.422.msi)
    MSI package (QPST.2.7.422.msi) was embedded/tampered with qualcomm.exe which is a .NET based malware that logs your keystrokes and sends it to attacker's server.

How to delete the actual malware from your system?
    Look at the startup from msconfig or CCleaner, there should be a file called qualcomm.exe thats set to start everytime system starts. Delete both registry and file.

If you wanted to see what data thief was stolen from you. Just open the .dc file (in "dclogs" folder) with Notepad and see for yourself.
    In XP, dc file is located here!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\dclogs
    there should be a file called "201X-XX-XX-X.dc
    if you open that DC files with Notepad, you'll see all your keystrokes.

Here is mine. I've intentionally entered paypal site with fake info.
    :: Run (3:01:51 AM)
    Script kiddie. NET Based malware, huh?[ESC]

:: Program Manager (3:02:14 AM)
    e

:: Firefox (3:02:18 AM)
    www.paypal.com

johhny193@yahoo.com[TAB]
    mypaypalpass
    [ENTER]

:: Documents and Settings (3:02:19 AM)
    [UP]

:: Administrator (3:02:28 AM)
    [DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN]
    [DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN][DOWN]
    d

:: (3:02:34 AM)

:: Administrator (3:02:34 AM)
    d

:: (3:03:11 AM)
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:: [Release] QPST 2.7 BUILD 422 - Download Here - Enjoy - Mozilla Firefox (3:03:57 AM)
    crap

How to delete?d

:: Clipboard Change : size = 16 Bytes (3:03:57 AM)
    QPST.2.7.422.msi

:: (3:04:23 AM)
    cccccc

Keylogger sends the logs from keylogger to "qpst.hopto.me"

So please report about this incident where and when you encounter QPST 4.2.2 somewhere (forums, posts, sharing-sites, etc)
    Copy my whole post and paste it where you see 4.2.2 mentioned.

Bonus: Fake Changelog
    If you've installed this 422 build, then open the Readme.txt in C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\QPST\Documents
    Scroll down and see the "6/12/13 QPST 2.7.422 changelog"

6/12/13 QPST 2.7.422
    1) EFS Hello commands will not be sent unless the device is in a compatible mode. Sending this command when the
    device is in download mode can cause a "server busy" message for a few seconds because of command retries.
    2) Support for the Sahara device protocol (see 80-N1008-1 or equivalent) is now built in to the QPST server process.
    This protocol is only supported by USB Serial ports, not TCP/IP connections. In QPST Configuration a device in
    this mode will display as "Q/QCP-XXX (Sahara Download)". This mode can only be detected (1) when the QPST server
    process starts or a COM port in this mode added to QPST, or (2) when a device enters Sahara mode on a port assigned
    to QPST. This is because the device only sends its Hello message once, as soon as the COM port is opened.

Changelog above is actually cloned from QPST 2.7.394 Just scroll down and see Build 2.7.394 changelog. Its same!

So forget about Build 422. It doesn't exist.
    Use QPST 2.7 Build 402. It's the latest public build :)

Sorry about my english

Best Regards
    AnycallMongolia
    Dev-Host seems to have an issue in downloading (error 500).
    however, i searched for the param file and found it, i attached the Param file and Odin 3.04 in the post here :) :eek:
    phew, was about to dive into flashing and then saw this thread. THANK YOU!

I am an iOS refugee. Totally new to android. I guess I'll wait for more developments to come out for my Quad core LTE S3.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

ah tauran you saw this thread first, good good. Was about to actually pm to let you know that this thread is for you!
    Hope you get your device working.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app