INT2EXT+ for CM10

Search This thread

sviswas7

Jul 7, 2012
Visakhapatnam
INT2EXT+ INSTALLATION TUTORIAL

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE S2E, LINK2SD OR SIMILAR, YOU MUST REPARTITION SD CARD AND FACTORY WIPE

INT2EXT+ moves ur apps to sd-ext automatically and it also Supports 1gb+ and is newer and faster than d2ext+

PREPARATIONS

Download the latest build of CyanogenMod 10.
Download the latest version of CronMod IN2EXT+ (i've attached the zip)
Open CyanogenMod 10 zip.
Navigate to /system/etc/init.d
Open INT2EXT+ zip.
Add the file called 40int2ext in the /system/etc/init.d directory in CM10 zip.

INSTALLATION

Go to recovery, do factory reset and advanced > partition sd card.
Select 2048M for ext(as much as u want) and 0M for swap.
Wait until it says Done and goes to menu.
Go to Mounts and Storage.
Select USB storage and connect your phone to your computer.
Copy your modified CM9 zip file to the root of your sd.
Unmount.
Reflash ROM.
Reboot.

thats it your internal memory is 2gb
proof

Screenshot_2012-10-08-14-26-47_zpsbee4ba43.png

Screenshot_2012-10-08-14-27-33_zps254b09ed.png

After reboot, reboot into recovery and flash gapps.zip normally.
Then go to Applications and enjoy your new, extended internal storage.

THANKS TO XPMODE FOR HIS TUT.. ON CM9

PLEASE HIT THANKS IF I HELPED

Attachments

• CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip
    156.8 KB · Views: 9,991
Last edited:

Red Devil

Oct 25, 2012
Mumbai
In order to install any other memory script .... you will have to repartition your SD card... Which will result in formatting of the SD. I suggest you make a backup of your sd card on your computer. Advisable.

Hit Thanks if I helped !

Reactions: riteish08

vaib

Problem in installing int2ext and all other scripts

I repartitioned my sd card and did exactly what was written. I made a 1GB partition through recovery but still the same prob.
No script gets installed. I get some error with "status 0" or "status 6" written in the end.
:(

vaib

Installed cm10 b1 with int2ext4+ in it...mob refused to leave the boot screen. I restarted the mobile several times and finally it started. But the mobile is restarting whenever i touch any notification.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

nightfurious

Nov 26, 2012
I have a stupid question... I am using the link2sd app... What is the difference between using app or script? Also is this better than link2sd?

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

Red Devil

Oct 25, 2012
Mumbai
In link2sd the app data cache and dalvik cache are transferred to the external partition.. in this the SD ext partition acts as a part of your internal memory.. its your personal choice about which script to use... also some ROMs do not support some scripts .. like this is not supported in the Sense 4.0A and its modded ROMs..
PS my sdext size is 600 odd + 0 swap
Check out the screenshot for your understanding.. on what happens when you use. It.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354932053631.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354932053631.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 472
Reactions: nightfurious

nightfurious

Nov 26, 2012
Yeah I understand that but is there any difference in using the app or adding the script in the rom? Also what does ungaze do?

Red Devil

Oct 25, 2012
Mumbai
Apps2sd app transfers app data to your SD card.. and when you mount your SD on your computer as mass storage it may result in the force closing of some of your apps.. where as in int2ext it is transferred to the ext partition which is not mounted on your computer.. hence your apps remain unaffected..

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Ungaze .. is similar to int2ext but it has different requirement s and sometimes the write speed is diff on the SD card.. you can check the individual posts for all the correct specs..

Also note that int2ext+ will work only for ROMs having init.d support so check the ROM you are about to flash and then use of the script

Reactions: nightfurious

nightfurious

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain bro. Helped a lot!

AmalD

Mar 26, 2012
kozhikode
will it work by copying 40int2ext to int.d folder and setting permission ? in cm10 beta3
anyone tried ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INT2EXT+ INSTALLATION TUTORIAL

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE S2E, LINK2SD OR SIMILAR, YOU MUST REPARTITION SD CARD AND FACTORY WIPE

INT2EXT+ moves ur apps to sd-ext automatically and it also Supports 1gb+ and is newer and faster than d2ext+

PREPARATIONS

Download the latest build of CyanogenMod 10.
    Download the latest version of CronMod IN2EXT+ (i've attached the zip)
    Open CyanogenMod 10 zip.
    Open INT2EXT+ zip.
    Add the file called 40int2ext in the /system/etc/init.d directory in CM10 zip.

INSTALLATION

Go to recovery, do factory reset and advanced > partition sd card.
    Select 2048M for ext(as much as u want) and 0M for swap.
    Wait until it says Done and goes to menu.
    Go to Mounts and Storage.
    Select USB storage and connect your phone to your computer.
    Copy your modified CM9 zip file to the root of your sd.
    Unmount.
    Reflash ROM.
    Reboot.

thats it your internal memory is 2gb
    proof

Screenshot_2012-10-08-14-26-47_zpsbee4ba43.png

Screenshot_2012-10-08-14-27-33_zps254b09ed.png

After reboot, reboot into recovery and flash gapps.zip normally.
    Then go to Applications and enjoy your new, extended internal storage.

THANKS TO XPMODE FOR HIS TUT.. ON CM9

PLEASE HIT THANKS IF I HELPED
    So, copy my tutorial, give no credit, replace cm9 with cm10, add a few lines and bam, here you go, stealing tutorials the easy way?
    In order to install any other memory script .... you will have to repartition your SD card... Which will result in formatting of the SD. I suggest you make a backup of your sd card on your computer. Advisable.

Hit Thanks if I helped !
    In link2sd the app data cache and dalvik cache are transferred to the external partition.. in this the SD ext partition acts as a part of your internal memory.. its your personal choice about which script to use... also some ROMs do not support some scripts .. like this is not supported in the Sense 4.0A and its modded ROMs..
    PS my sdext size is 600 odd + 0 swap
    Check out the screenshot for your understanding.. on what happens when you use. It.

Apps2sd app transfers app data to your SD card.. and when you mount your SD on your computer as mass storage it may result in the force closing of some of your apps.. where as in int2ext it is transferred to the ext partition which is not mounted on your computer.. hence your apps remain unaffected..

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Ungaze .. is similar to int2ext but it has different requirement s and sometimes the write speed is diff on the SD card.. you can check the individual posts for all the correct specs..

Also note that int2ext+ will work only for ROMs having init.d support so check the ROM you are about to flash and then use of the script