Random reboots

Search This thread

Sky93

Mar 6, 2009
I am getting random reboots on my HTC m8 for Verizon, and I'm not quite sure why. The last one happened while I was browsing in Chrome, and a previous one happened when I was doing some other random task like browsing twitter. I am rooted via WeakSauce with s-on using exposed modules through soft reboots (not sure of this has anything to do with it) . Another thing, when I reboot, it sticks at the Verizon splash screen and I have to manual reboot via vol up and power button.

Also, my phone is getting pretty hot sometimes and I'm not sure why, any tips or possible explanations?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Well I'm inclined to think it's one of the Xposed modules causing your issue. Best way to check is with a Logcat if you can recreate the issue.

Sky93

Mar 6, 2009
I doubt I could recreate the issue because it happens super randomly... I guess if it gets too bad, I'll just quit using my xposed and see if that fixes it

KnifeFed

Oct 27, 2007
I doubt I could recreate the issue because it happens super randomly... I guess if it gets too bad, I'll just quit using my xposed and see if that fixes it

I have the same problem and so does 2 of my colleagues who are completely stock (not even unlocked/rooted). For me it usually happens while not doing anything with the phone though. It can just be sitting on my desk and suddenly reboot. It's insanely annoying and I can't seem to find any good information on the subject.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Well I also just started having some random reboot for whatever reason... Phone was also just on desk and rebooted itself for whatever reason. Funny enough though, my battery life was 96% when I last checked the phone could have drained a little bit more, but after the reboot it shows my battery as being 100% fully charged =o/

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
If you're stock, this isn't normal. Contact HTC about possible replacement.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: BerndM14

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014

Yeah it's semi-stock perhaps. I did put on TWRP again, it's rooted, unlocked bootloader(of course, else no root right?). It was fine the whole time until I installed the xposed framework and some modules, even then I've had it on for about a week and nothing happened until this morning. I took the framework off and of course also the modules, will see if it happens again in the next week or so... :fingers-crossed: that it doesn't.

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Yeah it's semi-stock perhaps. I did put on TWRP again, it's rooted, unlocked bootloader(of course, else no root right?). It was fine the whole time until I installed the xposed framework and some modules, even then I've had it on for about a week and nothing happened until this morning. I took the framework off and of course also the modules, will see if it happens again in the next week or so... :fingers-crossed: that it doesn't.

For you it's almost definitely an xposed module. I was talking to the guy who was completely stock unrooted.

Reactions: BerndM14

bigsmooth66

Aug 4, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Mines rebooting on its own as well. Just got the phone yesterday and it's happened at least 3 times. 100% stock.

Hi guys,

So I was having the same problem with random reboots. I got frustrated and thought to just root and change to a GPE ROM. In the process of doing that I rooted and installed SetCPU. I discovered that the clock speed was 2265 and the minimum spped was set to 1958 by default. I felt like this was weird because that means the processor is running near full speed at all times (thus why the phone would get warm). To test I set the phone at max 2265 and min 2265. Almost immediately after reboot the phone started to get very warm. So, I changed the min to 1574 and then rebooted. It has been two weeks with:

• no reboots
  • slightly better battery life than before
  • phone does not get warm

I have the T-Mobile HTC One M8. I wonder if the constant high speed was intentional. I had to exchange my phone twice before trying this. I even tried using the phone before installing third party apps and it would still reboot. I am rooted with s-on and stock recovery and now I don't feel the need to install another ROM.

Hope this helps for some of you!!

trajik78

Mar 27, 2012
New York City
good looking out there. However I most likely won't be changing my ROM due to it working fairly nicely with my JVC KW-NSX700 car stereo. Mirrorlink seems to be functional with a quirk here or there.

thefoodman52

Aug 16, 2010
Well, this is good news. I'm going to be getting rid of my Nexus 5 for one of the... Ones... here shortly. Poor speaker and microphone quality are just two things I can't deal with anymore with the Nexus 5.

Seems like HTC tried to just have the CPU running too hot, figuratively and literally. Underclock down to like....1958 max, and it should be fine then. I know my Nexus doesn't like being run at a max of 2258 for very long, if at all. I'll get random reboots on stock vanilla android, and ParanoidAndroid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For you it's almost definitely an xposed module. I was talking to the guy who was completely stock unrooted.