bloatware to be removed after root

Search This thread

DUDUNINO

Feb 15, 2014
Hello,

I just rooted my Zenfone2 4 gb and I was wondering which apps I should remove now in order to have more ram free.

Thanks.

Feb 1, 2015
I deleted most of them but deleted one accidentally that shows time on the lockscreen ha.. i think its called asus cover or something like that. do you think you can send me a backup? or anyone reading this post

edit: also setup wizard please

edit: nvm got it myself

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2015
Here's a list of apps to remove
System/App
Asus Browser
Asus DrawRes
AsusFMRadio
AsusFMService
AsusMirror
AWS
BbblerActors
Books
BRapps
Chrome
CleanMaster
DataTransfer
DrEye
Drive
DriveActivator(lose 100gb offer)
Ezding
eztable
Galaxy4
GameCentre
Gameloft
Gmail2
Hangouts
HoloSpiralWallpaper
JawboneUP
Kindle
KKBOX
Maps
MFinanceHK-Bold
Music2
MyASUS
MyFrame
MyWater
Newsstand
NoiseField
Omlet
PCLinkBinary
PCLinkManager
PhaseBeam
PhotoFrameWidget
PlayGames
PlusOne
PowerSavings2(Crashes Powersave menu inside settings)
QuickMemo
QuickMemoService
RemoteLink
talkback
Tripadvisor
Street
Videos
WeatherTime (DON'T RECOMMEND BECAUSE CLOCK WILL BE REMOVED FROM LOCKSCREEN) (Maybe replaceable with another app through playstore)
WhatsNext
YahooECShopping
YahooMall
Youtube
ZenTalkStub
ZenUIHelp
ZenioReader
ZenioSettingsProvider

System/priv-app
AsusBackup
AsusEasyLauncher
AsusEmail
AsusFleshGreenTheme
AsusKidsLauncher(Crashes settings when you try turning on_
AsusLauncher(MIGHT EFFECT FACTORY RESETS/DLOAD ANOTHER LAUNCHER BEFORE)
AsusLiveDemoService
AsusLiveDemoUI
AsusLovelyPinkTheme
AsusPhotoCollage
AsusTask
DrSafety
FileManager2
MicroFilm
PartyRimBinary
SharedRimBinary
SoundRecorder
SuperNote
Tag
ZenCircle

Here's a backup for the bloatware (639mb) https://goo.gl/TjLKWE (You may want to restore these if your thinking of hard resetting! )

Last edited:

pato2015

Apr 20, 2015
U S
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
System/App
Asus Browser
Asus DrawRes
AsusFMRadio
AsusFMService
AsusMirror
AWS
BbblerActors
Books
BRapps
Chrome
CleanMaster
DataTransfer
DrEye
Drive
Ezding
eztable
Galaxy4
GameCentre
Gameloft
Gmail2
Hangouts
HoloSpiralWallpaper
JawboneUP
Kindle
KKBOX
Maps
MFinanceHK-Bold
Music2
MyASUS
MyFrame
MyWater
Newsstand
NoiseField
Omlet
PCLinkBinary
PCLinkManager
PhaseBeam
PhotoFrameWidget
PlayGames
PlusOne
QuickMemo
QuickMemoService
RemoteLink
talkback
Tripadvisor
Street
Videos
WeatherTime (DON'T RECOMMEND BECAUSE CLOCK WILL BE REMOVED FROM LOCKSCREEN) (Maybe replaceable with another app through playstore)
WhatsNext
YahooECShopping
YahooMall
Youtube
ZenTalkStub
ZenUIHelp
ZenioReader
ZenioSettingsProvider

System/priv-app
AsusBackup
AsusEasyLauncher
AsusEmail
AsusFleshGreenTheme
AsusLiveDemoService
AsusLiveDemoUI
AsusLovelyPinkTheme
AsusPhotoCollage
AsusTask
DrSafety
FileManager2
MicroFilm
PartyRimBinary
SharedRimBinary
SoundRecorder
SuperNote
Tag
ZenCircle

That's a whole lot of bloat
Now after o remove these..will i be able to do OTA updates after i unroot it? Ty

Reactions: NullUser

panjang

Sep 5, 2009
Place the bloat back in the right folder, unroot, reset phone........?
have to unzip that file ?
which folder or directory to put ?...
Thank you

mhp1995

Jan 5, 2014
New Delhi
Now after o remove these..will i be able to do OTA updates after i unroot it? Ty

that was for ZE551ML, I'm looking for the ones for ZE550ML.

1) No, you wont be able to update via OTA if u delete the bloatware...Just freeze them don't delete...It will be easier to update via OTA next time...

2) Why do u want the bloatware backup? Just flash the stock rom...You will get everything back (bloatware) and then flash/update the latest firmware... NOTE: IF U ARE ON A ROOTED SYSTEM UN-ROOT FIRST AND THEN APPLY OTA...

See this thread for flashing the latest OTA xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/guide-to-apply-ota-bootloop-rooted-zf2-t3127835

Reactions: pato2015 and piwos

mhp1995

Jan 5, 2014
New Delhi
hi,

if i just freeze all the bloatware, will i still get more free ram as if i had removed it?

Yes u will get free ram as if u had removed it... But if u are worried about internal storage space then i am afraid i have to say u might lose some system space... I recommend u to freeze the apps u wont be using and don't delete any bloatware...Next time it will be easier to update and u won't have to flash the stock or pre-rooted img again and again...I myself have freezed the bloatware...

D

Deleted member 2094080

Hi !
I've got a ZE500CL since 1 month, I've rooted it with the One-Click tool, it's works just fine ! I've used Titanium Backup to freeze apps, my phone is clean now.
Today my phone tell me that an OTA was ready to install... I'm very careful, so I :
- Unfreezed all bloatwares
- Unroot
- Flash OTA
- Root
- Freeze bloatware
This method works perfectly but I'm not sure if unfreeze/freeze apps is necessary (for me it's like disable an app in Android)... Can you confirm me ?

Second question :
If I want more storage memory... I will uninstall apps ! But I'll backed up with Titanium Backup and put it on my PC
For the OTA, can I do like this :
- Reinstalled all the bloatwares with Titanium Backup
- Unroot
- Flash OTA
- Root
- Remove bloatwares

This is dumb questions but I don't want bootloop LOL
Thanks for reply and sorry for the long post ;)

Reactions: holymoz

hatake1206

May 27, 2013
System/App
Asus Browser
Asus DrawRes
AsusFMRadio
AsusFMService
AsusMirror
AWS
BbblerActors
Books
BRapps
Chrome
CleanMaster
DataTransfer
DrEye
Drive
Ezding
eztable
Galaxy4
GameCentre
Gameloft
Gmail2
Hangouts
HoloSpiralWallpaper
JawboneUP
Kindle
KKBOX
Maps
MFinanceHK-Bold
Music2
MyASUS
MyFrame
MyWater
Newsstand
NoiseField
Omlet
PCLinkBinary
PCLinkManager
PhaseBeam
PhotoFrameWidget
PlayGames
PlusOne
QuickMemo
QuickMemoService
RemoteLink
talkback
Tripadvisor
Street
Videos
WhatsNext
YahooECShopping
YahooMall
Youtube
ZenTalkStub
ZenUIHelp
ZenioReader
ZenioSettingsProvider

System/priv-app
AsusBackup
AsusEasyLauncher
AsusEmail
AsusFleshGreenTheme
AsusLiveDemoService
AsusLiveDemoUI
AsusLovelyPinkTheme
AsusPhotoCollage
AsusTask
DrSafety
FileManager2
MicroFilm
PartyRimBinary
SharedRimBinary
SoundRecorder
SuperNote
Tag
ZenCircle

Here's a backup for the bloatware (639mb) https://goo.gl/TjLKWE (You may want to restore these if your thinking of hard resetting! )

i have zenfone 2 taiwan comes with WW sku firmware. i only want to delete one bloatware/app
i dont know the name of the app but it looks like a controller with blue back ground.
its a chinese app and i want to delete it.

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014

Firstly, all the credits in the following links, go to the original authors. Iam just sharing in a nutshell.

Next, Sharing my Experience after rooting my Zenfone-2:
I have found that even after rooting my phone, some of the bloatware cannot be disabled. But can be uninstalled.
Uninstalling bloatware after rooting did not improve RAM management significantly. Neither the battery life. The RAM management is integrated in to android lollipop rom itself. Only ASUS can fix,as far as i know.

The another important thing i found in Zenfone-2 is the processor scaling. Intel configured in " Interactive Mode". Most of the other phones I found were in " On Demand" mode. Such as Mediatek phones. In those phones, battery life was good.

In Zenfone-2, in Zero load conditions, the processor stays at 500Mhz in all Four cores. Where as in Mediatek, cores go to sleep mode. ASUS and Intel should look in to this modification of processor scalling, for better battery life.

Now coming to the point....Once you remove the so called bloatware, which are actually integrated in to the ZEN-UI system settings, the OTA will fail, as the link within the system build is broken. So OTA will check and says failed.

It is always good to do the following. I tried and tested it on my phone.
1. DO-NOT Unlock bootloader, unless you are a developer and trying to test your own custom ROM. For kinders, rooting is more than enough.
2. ROOT the phone using temporary CWM only. Installation of Custom Recovery will not update the OTA. So that the original recovery stays intact, even after rooting. . When you get an OTA, just unroot the phone using SuperSU apps, full unroot option and then restart and install OTA.
3. ALWAYS KEEP the Original Latest build rom file handy. If any thing goes wrong after rooting and fiddling with the system apps, you can simply using adb sideload from recovery mode, can flash the original rom and get your device back to factory un-rooted phone.
4. ONE IMPORTANT thing is that the build no of the rom file and the build no on the phone should be same. The phone will not accept lower version of the build. For example, if it is 2.19.40.18 on the phone. So only 2.19.40.18 will get installed but not 2.18.40. Any thing above 2.19.40 will also get easily installed. Since the bootloader is locked and downgrade process is locked.

The links to download the build as required is,
http://www.asus-zenfone.com/search/label/ROM Zenfone 2

For rooting phone using temporary CWM, check this post.
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/root-newbie-root-instructions-zenfone-2-t3114063
https://www.techmesto.com/root-zenfone-2/
http://www.asus-zenfone.com/2015/05/how-to-root-asus-zenfone-2-via-cwm.html

Wishing enjoyable fiddling with your phone. ;) And don't forget to click thanks if you find it useful.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    System/App
    Asus Browser
    Asus DrawRes
    AsusFMRadio
    AsusFMService
    AsusMirror
    AWS
    BbblerActors
    Books
    BRapps
    Chrome
    CleanMaster
    DataTransfer
    DrEye
    Drive
    Ezding
    eztable
    Galaxy4
    GameCentre
    Gameloft
    Gmail2
    Hangouts
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    JawboneUP
    Kindle
    KKBOX
    Maps
    MFinanceHK-Bold
    Music2
    MyASUS
    MyFrame
    MyWater
    Newsstand
    NoiseField
    Omlet
    PCLinkBinary
    PCLinkManager
    PhaseBeam
    PhotoFrameWidget
    PlayGames
    PlusOne
    QuickMemo
    QuickMemoService
    RemoteLink
    talkback
    Tripadvisor
    Street
    Videos
    WhatsNext
    YahooECShopping
    YahooMall
    Youtube
    ZenTalkStub
    ZenUIHelp
    ZenioReader
    ZenioSettingsProvider

System/priv-app
    AsusBackup
    AsusEasyLauncher
    AsusEmail
    AsusFleshGreenTheme
    AsusLiveDemoService
    AsusLiveDemoUI
    AsusLovelyPinkTheme
    AsusPhotoCollage
    AsusTask
    DrSafety
    FileManager2
    MicroFilm
    PartyRimBinary
    SharedRimBinary
    SoundRecorder
    SuperNote
    Tag
    ZenCircle

Firstly, all the credits in the following links, go to the original authors. Iam just sharing in a nutshell.

Next, Sharing my Experience after rooting my Zenfone-2:
    I have found that even after rooting my phone, some of the bloatware cannot be disabled. But can be uninstalled.
    Uninstalling bloatware after rooting did not improve RAM management significantly. Neither the battery life. The RAM management is integrated in to android lollipop rom itself. Only ASUS can fix,as far as i know.

The another important thing i found in Zenfone-2 is the processor scaling. Intel configured in " Interactive Mode". Most of the other phones I found were in " On Demand" mode. Such as Mediatek phones. In those phones, battery life was good.

In Zenfone-2, in Zero load conditions, the processor stays at 500Mhz in all Four cores. Where as in Mediatek, cores go to sleep mode. ASUS and Intel should look in to this modification of processor scalling, for better battery life.

Now coming to the point....Once you remove the so called bloatware, which are actually integrated in to the ZEN-UI system settings, the OTA will fail, as the link within the system build is broken. So OTA will check and says failed.

It is always good to do the following. I tried and tested it on my phone.
    1. DO-NOT Unlock bootloader, unless you are a developer and trying to test your own custom ROM. For kinders, rooting is more than enough.
    2. ROOT the phone using temporary CWM only. Installation of Custom Recovery will not update the OTA. So that the original recovery stays intact, even after rooting. . When you get an OTA, just unroot the phone using SuperSU apps, full unroot option and then restart and install OTA.
    3. ALWAYS KEEP the Original Latest build rom file handy. If any thing goes wrong after rooting and fiddling with the system apps, you can simply using adb sideload from recovery mode, can flash the original rom and get your device back to factory un-rooted phone.
    4. ONE IMPORTANT thing is that the build no of the rom file and the build no on the phone should be same. The phone will not accept lower version of the build. For example, if it is 2.19.40.18 on the phone. So only 2.19.40.18 will get installed but not 2.18.40. Any thing above 2.19.40 will also get easily installed. Since the bootloader is locked and downgrade process is locked.

The links to download the build as required is,
    http://www.asus-zenfone.com/search/label/ROM Zenfone 2

For rooting phone using temporary CWM, check this post.
    http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/root-newbie-root-instructions-zenfone-2-t3114063
    https://www.techmesto.com/root-zenfone-2/
    http://www.asus-zenfone.com/2015/05/how-to-root-asus-zenfone-2-via-cwm.html

Wishing enjoyable fiddling with your phone. ;) And don't forget to click thanks if you find it useful.
    hi,

if i just freeze all the bloatware, will i still get more free ram as if i had removed it?

Yes u will get free ram as if u had removed it... But if u are worried about internal storage space then i am afraid i have to say u might lose some system space... I recommend u to freeze the apps u wont be using and don't delete any bloatware...Next time it will be easier to update and u won't have to flash the stock or pre-rooted img again and again...I myself have freezed the bloatware...

that was for ZE551ML, I'm looking for the ones for ZE550ML.

1) No, you wont be able to update via OTA if u delete the bloatware...Just freeze them don't delete...It will be easier to update via OTA next time...

2) Why do u want the bloatware backup? Just flash the stock rom...You will get everything back (bloatware) and then flash/update the latest firmware... NOTE: IF U ARE ON A ROOTED SYSTEM UN-ROOT FIRST AND THEN APPLY OTA...

See this thread for flashing the latest OTA xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/guide-to-apply-ota-bootloop-rooted-zf2-t3127835
    System/App
    Asus Browser
    Asus DrawRes
    AsusFMRadio
    AsusFMService
    AsusMirror
    AWS
    BbblerActors
    Books
    BRapps
    Chrome
    CleanMaster
    DataTransfer
    DrEye
    Drive
    Ezding
    eztable
    Galaxy4
    GameCentre
    Gameloft
    Gmail2
    Hangouts
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    JawboneUP
    Kindle
    KKBOX
    Maps
    MFinanceHK-Bold
    Music2
    MyASUS
    MyFrame
    MyWater
    Newsstand
    NoiseField
    Omlet
    PCLinkBinary
    PCLinkManager
    PhaseBeam
    PhotoFrameWidget
    PlayGames
    PlusOne
    QuickMemo
    QuickMemoService
    RemoteLink
    talkback
    Tripadvisor
    Street
    Videos
    WhatsNext
    YahooECShopping
    YahooMall
    Youtube
    ZenTalkStub
    ZenUIHelp
    ZenioReader
    ZenioSettingsProvider

System/priv-app
    AsusBackup
    AsusEasyLauncher
    AsusEmail
    AsusFleshGreenTheme
    AsusLiveDemoService
    AsusLiveDemoUI
    AsusLovelyPinkTheme
    AsusPhotoCollage
    AsusTask
    DrSafety
    FileManager2
    MicroFilm
    PartyRimBinary
    SharedRimBinary
    SoundRecorder
    SuperNote
    Tag
    ZenCircle

That's a whole lot of bloat