PV ROM v3.00.07.15 PDAVIET New build (0.4.2)

Search This thread

craig_shih

Aug 14, 2007
Taichung
I love PV ROM. It's pretty,stable and rapid.

Since I hope to always be with PV ROM, I got two suggestion for PV to help improve functionality:

1.When we create notes by One Note Mobile, we might insert pictures by Trinity's camera or audio files by recorder. That will take up too much space in main mermory. I think it's better to move the storage path to mini SD card. But we can't modify that path. There's no option in one note mobile.

2.If I unlock the Extended ROM by HTC_Trinity_SIM_CID_Unlock_v1, I will lose the GPS function immediately. I don't understand why. Maybe I should use an unlocker of newer version.

Hope the PV_ROM_0715 comes out as soon as possible. I can't wait.

rdkay

Jan 14, 2004
Zurich
Does it still have the slow boot bug or the "hang at bootscreen needing hardreset bug" ?

Does someone know it the IPL Update I have seen somewhere could fix this problem?

If someone can confirm this I switch back to PDAVIET Rom in a second as otherwise these Roms are great!

Regards

nealed

Mar 31, 2007
Eloise
Problem was that there was no download link except from pdaviet, were we cant log on as we dont know Vietnamese..

Bottom left of page - choose the language (English - then create an account and log on). Here's the file for those that cant' be.............. well here's the file:

Attachments

• HTC_Trinity_3.00.07.15.PV.part2.rar.zip
    936.4 KB · Views: 163

jukkus

Jul 5, 2007
Does it still have the slow boot bug or the "hang at bootscreen needing hardreset bug" ?

Does someone know it the IPL Update I have seen somewhere could fix this problem?

If someone can confirm this I switch back to PDAVIET Rom in a second as otherwise these Roms are great!

Regards

I have used Pdaviet ROM's from version .09 to .13.
Tried also Mun's ROM but it was buggiest rom I've never seen.

Haven't had any problems at all with Pdaviet. No hanging on boot screen nor calendar syncin problems. And it still remembers my wifi and email settings after softreset.

With version .13 I first time tried HtcHome and suddenly boot-time hang came to me also. So I did hardreset and disabled HtcHome and now I do not have any problems at all.

So try to disable HtcHome, it should help you with hanging.
I also read in some thread that if you use wisbar, there is option to boot on safemode if normal boot fails. With that mode it boots up without any plugins so you can avoid hardreset.

tetsuo55

Aug 20, 2007
I found 3 bugs in this rom, all are related to the batterstatus plugin

Bug 1) not critical but very annoying
-Batterystatus dies when customising htchome
(in some cases batterystatus can be restored by disabling CPu speed)

Bug 2) Cricital as this requires a hard-reset to fix
-sometimes the phone will hang if you reboot the phone by holding and pressing the standby button.
The crashes also seem to be related to batterystatus (over 50 tests to try and recreate the crash conditions the only variable found was that batterystatus needs to be running in order for the phone to hang)

bug 3)
In some cases, batterystatus and calendar cannot be toghether on the home screen, you have to choose one or the other(if both are selected only calendar will show)

Also in some cases there will be a memory leak, but i have not been able to reproduce the exact circumstances for the memory leak to appear (but at this point i am willing to blame batterystatus)

Last edited:

geovass

Oct 30, 2004
OnePlus Open
I found 3 bugs in this rom, all are related to the batterstatus plugin

Bug 1) not critical but very annoying
-Batterystatus dies when customising htchome
(in some cases batterystatus can be restored by disabling CPu speed)

Bug 2) Cricital as this requires a hard-reset to fix
-sometimes the phone will hang if you reboot the phone by holding and pressing the standby button.
The crashes also seem to be related to batterystatus (over 50 tests to try and recreate the crash conditions the only variable found was that batterystatus needs to be running in order for the phone to hang)

bug 3)
In some cases, batterystatus and calendar cannot be toghether on the home screen, you have to choose one or the other(if both are selected only calendar will show)

just disable the plug in!
This ROM ROCKS !!

tetsuo55

Aug 20, 2007
Its not that simple, the bug needs to be fixed so we can actually use it, i will post these bugs in the batterstatus thread too...