Attempting FIREWATER on VZ 4.3 w/ MAC: cannot find phone in fastboot [SOLVED]

Search This thread

-XIV-

Sep 2, 2010
I'm attempting to use FIREWATER to ROOT my phone because I do not like the changes of 4.4.

I have a Mac and attempting to prepare to use FIREWATER to get my phone S-Off/rooted but when I'm in terminal, I cannot get my phone to show up when prompting "./fastboot devices."

I followed this video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MyTvgfO7s#t=433

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
I'm attempting to use FIREWATER to ROOT my phone because I do not like the changes of 4.4.

I have a Mac and attempting to prepare to use FIREWATER to get my phone S-Off/rooted but when I'm in terminal, I cannot get my phone to show up when prompting "./fastboot devices."

Are you in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB (screenshot attached)? ./fastboot devices only works in bootloader

./adb devices only works in custom recovery or booted up phone (with USB debugging enabled)

Reactions: -XIV-

-XIV-

Sep 2, 2010
Are you in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB (screenshot attached)? ./fastboot devices only works in bootloader

./adb devices only works in custom recovery or booted up phone (with USB debugging enabled)

I was in "fastboot" after I did "hold down volume and power button"

I've been trying to figure out how to make sure i have "USB debugging enabled" when this HTC One doesn't give me the option flat out in settings like my previous Androids did (HTC Rezound, Galaxy S3, Thunderbolt, etc.)

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

I've been trying to figure out how to make sure i have "USB debugging enabled" when this HTC One doesn't give me the option flat out in settings like my previous Androids did (HTC Rezound, Galaxy S3, Thunderbolt, etc.)

go to Settings -> About -> Software information -> More -> and press build number 8 times, the dev options will show up

Reactions: -XIV-

-XIV-

Sep 2, 2010
go to Settings -> About -> Software information -> More -> and press build number 8 times, the dev options will show up

Wow. Feel like an idiot that I did not know this...

But have that and I'm in the menu you screenshooted. I attempted "./adb reboot" but still not picking up device. It did list a random # though when I did "./fastboot devices" to see if it showed it's connecting.

Edit: Do I select "bootloader" from the list?

2nd Edit: I'VE COMPLETED THIS!! I'M NOW S-OFF and UNLOCKED!!! Thanks so much!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2nd Edit: I'VE COMPLETED THIS!! I'M NOW S-OFF and UNLOCKED!!! Thanks so much!!

Congrats mate, welcome to the dark side ;)

please edit main thread title to include [SOLVED] :D