• No, shipping to EU only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, hadn't heard about it

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks @benkxda! Did you try-out the v07a and v07b versions (attached here)? the latter doesn't play video and they both use ugly colors to try to understand what zone/element holds the strange pixels!

However, I do suspect an issue with the custom ROM or the custom DPI value used :(

APK and Changelog are provided in the OP. Peace of Mind+ is also available on the Playstore.

Out of beta now :) so future updates will mainly be bug-fixes. Your feedback/suggestions/comments are most welcome!

Thanks,
mudar

Screenshots of Version 7A and 7B. Pixels still appearing. No change with Version 8. However, it's not hurting.

Version 7 A
screenshot_2014-01-2322em4.png
screenshot_2014-01-238meyc.png
screenshot_2014-01-23raf9q.png
screenshot_2014-01-23ptijz.png

Version 7 B
screenshot_2014-01-23zqaxs.png
screenshot_2014-01-233myak.png
screenshot_2014-01-23wqzah.png
screenshot_2014-01-23ntkcf.png

Version 8
screenshot_2014-01-24padhp.png

I tried 7A and 7B without the enabled software navbar, also with the native DPI @ 320 dpi. Nothing changed there, as well.

When done, I hope to refactor the Fairphone OS launcher.
What's that? Why did you strike that? I don't mind if you would touch that as well ;)

EDIT:
Upgraded the S3 LTE to CM11 (Android 4.4.2). Regardless to software navbar and dpi settings - it just works now. So forget this problem on (maybe all ROMs with) Android 4.4.2.
But you could update the Help page, it's up to 12 hours now, what is really great.

Last edited:

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Hi @benkxda,

Here attached is a new version that should fix the weird-pixels problem :)

It has Android 4.3.1 running, CM10.2 nightly (set to 280 ppi).

I've installed CM 10.2 / Android 4.3.1 on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I had the same issue you reported. I've attached screenshots of the bug (yours) and of my build info.

So, the bug was related to the textShadow. It's very strange because it's not the only textView that has shadow. And the fix was adding some padding to right of the text! Bug fixed on my device, can you confirm it's fixed on your S3?

What's that? Why did you strike that? I don't mind if you would touch that as well ;)

Working on PoM, I was very surprised by the buggy (and low quality) source code. When I first compiled/ran the launcer, it had many errors too. So I think it's too much work! Another selfish reason is that I hate edge-swipe since I use my phone with a gel case, so I've already replaced the launcher on my Fairphone and I don't think I'll be using it on another phone. Sorry ;)

However, someone has already forked it on the playstore

Attachments

• PeaceOfMind-v09.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • screenshot_2014-01-1621kdo.png
    screenshot_2014-01-1621kdo.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: benkxda

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Hi @benkxda,

Here attached is a new version that should fix the weird-pixels problem :)

I've installed CM 10.2 / Android 4.3.1 on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I had the same issue you reported. I've attached screenshots of the bug (yours) and of my build info.

So, the bug was related to the textShadow. It's very strange because it's not the only textView that has shadow. And the fix was adding some padding to right of the text! Bug fixed on my device, can you confirm it's fixed on your S3?

Working on PoM, I was very surprised by the buggy (and low quality) source code. When I first compiled/ran the launcer, it had many errors too. So I think it's too much work! Another selfish reason is that I hate edge-swipe since I use my phone with a gel case, so I've already replaced the launcher on my Fairphone and I don't think I'll be using it on another phone. Sorry ;)

However, someone has already forked it on the playstore

While I was editing my old post, you posted a new one... ;)

Upgraded the S3 LTE to CM11 (Android 4.4.2). Regardless to software navbar and dpi settings - it just works now. So forget this problem on (maybe all ROMs with) Android 4.4.2.
But you could update the Help page, it's up to 12 hours now, what is really great.

I upgraded about 11 hours ago and I won't go back now. ;)
But I used my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) with Samsung stock firmware Android 4.3 (unrooted). Also got these strange pixels, but also only on the right side, like yours and mine.

How did you get your Fairphone btw.? I thought it's only available in Europe :confused:

Do I understand right, the source for PoM as provided was not able to be compiled? Obviously the app within Fairphone OS was able to be compiled so there is a difference, right?

We have the dev of the Fairphone launcher in the Fairphone thread, I'll ask him if he wants to do improvements on it.

EDIT:
The device of my girlfriend is set to German language. Now I saw the German version the first time, haha. The text is longer but as far as I read, it was good.

Last edited:

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
But I used my girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) with Samsung stock firmware Android 4.3 (unrooted). Also got these strange pixels, but also only on the right side, like yours and mine.
So does PeaceOfMind-v09.apk (version 1.1) still have the strange pixels on the Galaxy Note 2? meaning that the problem is still not fixed?

How did you get your Fairphone btw.? I thought it's only available in Europe :confused:
I had my Fairphone shipped at a friend's who was planning to come to Montreal in January :)

Do I understand right, the source for PoM as provided was not able to be compiled? Obviously the app within Fairphone OS was able to be compiled so there is a difference, right?
Hmm... not what I meant. The source compiled fine, there's probably no difference between the source-code and the version shipped on the Fairphone.

What I meant is that the quality of the code was lower than I expected, with some serious bugs that should never have shipped. :(
Also, the app was not built to support Android's different screen sizes and resolutions :crying:, which requires lots of work before making it available for devices other than the Fairphone.
I don't know the time or the resources they had to build these apps, but the source-code is... not very inviting!

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
So does PeaceOfMind-v09.apk (version 1.1) still have the strange pixels on the Galaxy Note 2? meaning that the problem is still not fixed?

I had my Fairphone shipped at a friend's who was planning to come to Montreal in January :)

Hmm... not what I meant. The source compiled fine, there's probably no difference between the source-code and the version shipped on the Fairphone.

What I meant is that the quality of the code was lower than I expected, with some serious bugs that should never have shipped. :(
Also, the app was not built to support Android's different screen sizes and resolutions :crying:, which requires lots of work before making it available for devices other than the Fairphone.
I don't know the time or the resources they had to build these apps, but the source-code is... not very inviting!

Sorry, I forgot that in the last post. Yes, version 09, as you provided, was working without any problem. I started it several times and have had no issues here. Great job, sir. :good:
Hopefully Fairphone will grab your code and integrates it again for the Fairphone customers. Not everyone knows, there could be a better version in Google Play.

Oh, nice. Now we have a delivery bridge for spreading the Fairphone to North America. :laugh:

Ok, now I understand. So you did some development for Kwamecorp or let's say for the next update of the Fairphone OS or the widget Peace of Mind. Although the source is not perfect, I am happy, because they provided the idea and the source code. And thank you, that you accepted the code challenge ;)

Reactions: mudar1771

dabl8

Jan 24, 2011
I knocked up an F-Droid recipe, which you may want to push to them. I used RootTools 3.4 because 3.3 is known to have problems compiling and preferred to build it from source since there is no official binary of 3.3 to compare yours with. Note that XDA has misinterpreted the text in the for the Categories value!
Code:
diff --git a/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt b/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..0a68fa6
--- /dev/null
+++ b/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,40 @@
+Categories:eek:ffice
+License:Apache2
+Web Site:http://fairphone.mudar.ca
+Source Code:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
+Issue Tracker:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone/issues
+
+Auto Name:Peace of Mind+
+Summary:Widget to quiet the phone
+Description:
+Based-on a widget that comes with the [http://fairphone.com Fairphone],
+a phone that's made from ethically-sourced materials.
+
+Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? 
+Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status 
+updates, no SMS and no phone calls. 
+Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 3 hours).
+
+Requires root on Android 4.2+ to put the phone in Airplane Mode; if 
+the request is declined only Silent Mode will be enabled instead.
+.
+
+Repo Type:git
+Repo:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
+
+Build:1.0,8
+    commit=36fd2aeb73
+    subdir=FairphonePeaceOfMind
+    gradle=defaultFlavor
+    srclibs=RootTools-new@3.4
+    rm=FairphonePeaceOfMind/libs/RootTools-3.3.jar
+    prebuild=sed -i "/^    compile files/d" build.gradle && \
+             sed -i "37 i \ \ \ \ compile project(':RootTools-new')" build.gradle && \
+             echo "include ':RootTools-new'" >> ../settings.gradle && \
+             ln -s $(readlink -f $$RootTools-new$$) ../RootTools-new
+
+Auto Update Mode:None
+Update Check Mode:RepoManifest
+Current Version:1.0
+Current Version Code:8
+
diff --git a/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt b/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..0925f35
--- /dev/null
+++ b/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt
@@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
+Repo:https://github.com/Stericson/RootTools
+Subdir:RootTools/RootTools

Last edited:

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Submitting to F-Droid

I knocked up an F-Droid recipe, which you may want to push to them. I used RootTools 3.4 because 3.3 is known to have problems compiling and preferred to build it from source since there is no official binary of 3.3 to compare yours with. Note that XDA has misinterpreted the text in the for the Categories value!

Thanks @dabl8 for the F-Droid metadata file, I have started testing this but the buiid fails because of the FairphoneHome app, even though it compils (and runs) fine in AndroidStudio.

Build fail log:
Code:
$ fdroid build -t ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Building version 1.0 of ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Getting source for revision 36fd2aeb73
HEAD is now at 36fd2ae New version released
Removing RootTools-new
HEAD is now at 36fd2ae... New version released
Collecting source libraries...
HEAD is now at fe75688 adding .gitignore, removing .DS_Store
HEAD is now at fe75688... adding .gitignore, removing .DS_Store
Removing debuggable flags...
Cleaning Gradle project...
Could not build app ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind due to BuildException: 'Error cleaning ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind:1.0'
==== detail begin ====
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file '/home/android/Fairphone/_DATA/f-droid/mudar-fdroiddata/build/srclib/Fairphone-mudar/FairphoneHome/build.gradle' line: 9

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':FairphoneHome'.
> Could not create plugin of type 'AppPlugin'.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 2.343 secs
==== detail end ====
Build for app ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind failed:
'Error cleaning ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind:1.0'
==== detail begin ====

* Where:
Build file '/home/android/Fairphone/_DATA/f-droid/mudar-fdroiddata/build/srclib/Fairphone-mudar/FairphoneHome/build.gradle' line: 9

* What went wrong:

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

==== detail end ====
Finished.
1 builds failed
I'm not quite sure about the need of building RootTools 3.4 from source instead of using the official JAR file. Is this an f-droid requirement for libraries? However, since the project is currently (one day ago) moving to github, a new version might be on the way...

So, I'm looking into this, reading the doc, checking the build config etc... I've forked fdroiddata, so you could push your additions to fdroiddata or to my repo. I would greatly appreciate your help with these build issues since this is the first time I submit to f-droid.

thanks

dabl8

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks @dabl8 for the F-Droid metadata file, I have started testing this but the buiid fails because of the FairphoneHome app, even though it compils (and runs) fine in AndroidStudio.

Build fail log:
Code:
Building version 1.0 of ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Getting source for revision 36fd2aeb73
HEAD is now at 36fd2ae New version released
Removing RootTools-new
HEAD is now at 36fd2ae... New version released
HEAD is now at fe75688 adding .gitignore, removing .DS_Store
Could not build app ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind due to BuildException: 'Error cleaning ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind:1.0'
==== detail begin ====

* Where:

* What went wrong:

* Try:

BUILD FAILED

==== detail end ====
Build for app ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind failed:
'Error cleaning ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind:1.0'
==== detail begin ====

* Where:

* What went wrong:

* Try:

BUILD FAILED

==== detail end ====
Finished.
1 builds failed
I'm not quite sure about the need of building RootTools 3.4 from source instead of using the official JAR file. Is this an f-droid requirement for libraries? However, since the project is currently (one day ago) moving to github, a new version might be on the way...

So, I'm looking into this, reading the doc, checking the build config etc... I've forked fdroiddata, so you could push your additions to fdroiddata or to my repo. I would greatly appreciate your help with these build issues since this is the first time I submit to f-droid.

thanks
Oh dear. I have only one change made to my fdroidserver: I prevent gradle clean from running because it is so slow and pointless on my netbook. There looks like a problem with FairphoneHome/build.gradle so just use rm=roittools.jar;FairphoneHome and it should work. If not Ill check it out and do a merge request.

Edit: Its possible to use the jar; it can be added to the fdroid repo, but it bloats it to have jars in there, or you can use wget over https. I prefer to use source code myself.

Edit: Did you ever use gradle 1.10? If so look at this bug: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63999

Last edited:

lungre

Sep 24, 2009
Skellefteå
Hi and thanks for releasing this great app for all us non-fairphone owners :)
I've got a bug concerning phone volume. When I start the timer the phone goes to silent mode and flight mode. When the timer ends only flight mode is turned off again, phone remains in silent mode.

My phone is a rooted LG Optimus 4X HD, running CM11 (android 4.4.2). I have this bug under both ver 1.0 and 1.1.

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
I've got a bug concerning phone volume. When I start the timer the phone goes to silent mode and flight mode. When the timer ends only flight mode is turned off again, phone remains in silent mode.

My phone is a rooted LG Optimus 4X HD, running CM11 (android 4.4.2). I have this bug under both ver 1.0 and 1.1.

I've added this to the issue tracker on GitHub

Later I'll probably need your help to test some versions and see if the issue is solved.

For now:
  • Did you install any superuser app/binaries, or is just CM's?
  • Small test 1: if you manually interrupt the timer (dragging down to zero), does it revert to the previous sound mode or stays stuck in Silent?
  • Small test 2: can you set the phone to Vibrate mode (the middle button on the power-off menu). Start the PoM timer afterwards. It should go into Silent and Flight modes. When it ends, does it revert to Vibrate or stays in Silent?

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

lungre

Sep 24, 2009
Skellefteå
  • Did you install any superuser app/binaries, or is just CM's?
  • Small test 1: if you manually interrupt the timer (dragging down to zero), does it revert to the previous sound mode or stays stuck in Silent?
  • Small test 2: can you set the phone to Vibrate mode (the middle button on the power-off menu). Start the PoM timer afterwards. It should go into Silent and Flight modes. When it ends, does it revert to Vibrate or stays in Silent?

Thanks for quick reply and I've now checked both small tests.
(*) No, just CM
(*) Tested both manual interrupt and timer. Stuck in silent on both.
(*) Set to Vibrate mode, still stuck on Silent after manual interrupt/timer.

I'll try any test builds if it will help :)

soumoks

Apr 29, 2013
Bangalore
Thank you for this amazing app, it's well designed and offers good functionality.
A feature request : I usually put my phone into airplane plane mode at night, is there anyway this process can be automated such that it switches to airplane mode at a particular time?
Thanks again for the app :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Kekoh

Dec 6, 2010
Southern California
Thank you for this amazing app, it's well designed and offers good functionality.
A feature request : I usually put my phone into airplane plane mode at night, is there anyway this process can be automated such that it switches to airplane mode at a particular time?

+1 for a schedule option for nights

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca

Thanks @soumoks for the suggestion :)
I've added it on the ToDo list on GitHub

Will have to think of a way to include this in the app's UI...

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Thanks for quick reply and I've now checked both small tests.
(*) No, just CM
(*) Tested both manual interrupt and timer. Stuck in silent on both.
(*) Set to Vibrate mode, still stuck on Silent after manual interrupt/timer.

I'll try any test builds if it will help :)

@lungre here is a new version that will (hopefully!) fix that.

Can you please try both tests too?

thanks again for the precious feedback!

Attachments

• PeaceOfMind-v11.apk
    769 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: lungre

mudar1771

Mar 21, 2011
Montréal
www.mudar.ca
Merge request created to mudar's fork.

Hey @dabl8,

I've merged your changes.
At that point I had build errors related to Lint, so I did some code cleanup on PoM, commited to PoM github repo, updated the fdroid meta to get the lastest version..

Build log:
Code:

Building version 1.1 of ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Getting source for revision 3c2b38f6a47e4c912b4a70c28f7e7bd8ebe52483
Cloning into 'build/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind'...
remote: Counting objects: 3150, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1655/1655), done.
remote: Total 3150 (delta 1128), reused 3052 (delta 1030)
Receiving objects: 100% (3150/3150), 51.40 MiB | 2.30 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1128/1128), done.
Note: checking out '3c2b38f6a47e4c912b4a70c28f7e7bd8ebe52483'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at 3c2b38f... Gradle updates
Cloning into 'build/srclib/RootTools-new'...
remote: Counting objects: 79, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (57/57), done.
remote: Total 79 (delta 7), reused 79 (delta 7)
Unpacking objects: 100% (79/79), done.
Note: checking out '3.4'.

Scanning source for common problems...
Creating source tarball...
Building Gradle project...
Successfully built version 1.1 of ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Checking build/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind/FairphonePeaceOfMind/build/apk/FairphonePeaceOfMind-defaultFlavor-release-unsigned.apk
success: ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Finished.
1 builds succeeded
well, now at least the build goes through :good:

however, there's something wrong because the result APK (attached here) cannot install and it seems it doesn't have a Manifest.
Code:
$ jarsigner -verify -verbose -certs PeaceOfMind.apk

no manifest.
jar is unsigned. (signatures missing or not parsable)

Could this be related to the parent directory? :confused:

Attachments

• FairphonePeaceOfMind-defaultFlavor-release-unsigned.apk
    748.8 KB · Views: 20

dabl8

Jan 24, 2011
Hey @dabl8,

I've merged your changes.
At that point I had build errors related to Lint, so I did some code cleanup on PoM, commited to PoM github repo, updated the fdroid meta to get the lastest version..

Build log:
Code:

Building version 1.1 of ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Getting source for revision 3c2b38f6a47e4c912b4a70c28f7e7bd8ebe52483
Cloning into 'build/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind'...
remote: Counting objects: 3150, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1655/1655), done.
remote: Total 3150 (delta 1128), reused 3052 (delta 1030)
Receiving objects: 100% (3150/3150), 51.40 MiB | 2.30 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1128/1128), done.
Note: checking out '3c2b38f6a47e4c912b4a70c28f7e7bd8ebe52483'.

HEAD is now at 3c2b38f... Gradle updates
Cloning into 'build/srclib/RootTools-new'...
remote: Counting objects: 79, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (57/57), done.
remote: Total 79 (delta 7), reused 79 (delta 7)
Unpacking objects: 100% (79/79), done.
Note: checking out '3.4'.

Scanning source for common problems...
Creating source tarball...
Building Gradle project...
Successfully built version 1.1 of ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Checking build/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind/FairphonePeaceOfMind/build/apk/FairphonePeaceOfMind-defaultFlavor-release-unsigned.apk
success: ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind
Finished.
1 builds succeeded
well, now at least the build goes through :good:

however, there's something wrong because the result APK (attached here) cannot install and it seems it doesn't have a Manifest.
Code:
$ jarsigner -verify -verbose -certs PeaceOfMind.apk

no manifest.
jar is unsigned. (signatures missing or not parsable)

Could this be related to the parent directory? :confused:
That's normal. The signing is done separately either with jarsigner or fdroid publish. There used to be convenient direct install with debug key but that fell victim to spring cleaning :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have forked one of the app's released on GitHub by Fairphone/Kwamecorp, the Peace of Mind app. It's bascially an Airplane Mode with a timer.

We become more conscious of our phones as our lives become increasingly connected. Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status updates, no SMS and no phone calls. Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 12 hours).

I'm not sure if they're planning on publishing it as a standalone app (currently a system-app), so I've forked into Peace of Mind+ to make it available for other devices and for eager Fairphone owners!

Released under the Apache License version 2.0. Source code and APK are available here https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone

For Android 4.2+ devices, the app requiers Root privileges to enable the Airplane Mode. On non-rooted phones (or if SU is declined) the app enables Silent Mode instead. This is due to security changes introduced by Google in Android SDK version 17.

Attached are two screen captures and the APK.

Read article on XDA's portal :eek:
    Put Airplane Mode on a Schedule with Peace of Mind+ by @willverduzco

Download:
    Check GitHub for the lastest version and version release history

Changelog:
    versionCode=18 versionName=2.1.0
    • Updated to Material Design
    • Added support for Android's "Do not disturb" mode
    • Optimizations, clean animation, etc..
    • Airplane mode support for rooted devices

versionCode=12 versionName=1.2
    • Restore sound to previous setting (bug fix)
    • RootTools updated to version 3.4

versionCode=10 versionName=1.1
    • Enhanced tablet layout
    • Fixed bug for some Android 4.3 devices

versionCode=8 versionName=1.0
    • Out of beta!
    • Improved Widget layout
    • DashClock extension added
    • Restores previous ringerMode at the end of an Airplane-mode PeaceOfMind
    • Added About dialog (in Settings)
    • Added Brazilian-Portuguese and Russian translations, and completed other translations
    Click below to view complete changelog...
    versionCode=6 versionName=0.9.4 beta
    • Fixed deep-sleep bug
    • Improved timer accuracy
    • Fixed videoplayback issue on some devices
    versionCode=5 versionName=0.9.3 beta
    • Nightly, fixing the deep-sleep bug.
    versionCode=4 versionName=0.9.2 beta
    • AirplaneMode enables SilentMode too, to avoid notifications
    • Fixed SilentMode issue (would trigger AirplaneMode on some android versions)
    • Fixed video animation playback issue
    • Fixed minor timer issue (was running an extra minute)
    versionCode=3 versionName=0.9.1 beta
    • Settings to determine maximum duration (3, 6 or 12 hours) and disconnection mode (Airplane/Silent mode)
    • Fixed layout issues and optimization!
    Code:
    diff --git a/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt b/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..0a68fa6
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/metadata/ca.mudar.fairphone.peaceofmind.txt
    @@ -0,0 +1,40 @@
    +Categories:eek:ffice
    +License:Apache2
    +Web Site:http://fairphone.mudar.ca
    +Source Code:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
    +Issue Tracker:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone/issues
    +
    +Auto Name:Peace of Mind+
    +Summary:Widget to quiet the phone
    +Description:
    +Based-on a widget that comes with the [http://fairphone.com Fairphone],
    +a phone that's made from ethically-sourced materials.
    +
    +Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? 
    +Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status 
    +updates, no SMS and no phone calls. 
    +Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 3 hours).
    +
    +Requires root on Android 4.2+ to put the phone in Airplane Mode; if 
    +the request is declined only Silent Mode will be enabled instead.
    +.
    +
    +Repo:https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
    +
    +Build:1.0,8
    +    commit=36fd2aeb73
    +    subdir=FairphonePeaceOfMind
    +    gradle=defaultFlavor
    +    srclibs=RootTools-new@3.4
    +    rm=FairphonePeaceOfMind/libs/RootTools-3.3.jar
    +    prebuild=sed -i "/^    compile files/d" build.gradle && \
    +             sed -i "37 i \ \ \ \ compile project(':RootTools-new')" build.gradle && \
    +             echo "include ':RootTools-new'" >> ../settings.gradle && \
    +             ln -s $(readlink -f $$RootTools-new$$) ../RootTools-new
    +
    +Auto Update Mode:None
    +Update Check Mode:RepoManifest
    +Current Version:1.0
    +Current Version Code:8
    +
    diff --git a/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt b/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt
    new file mode 100644
    index 0000000..0925f35
    --- /dev/null
    +++ b/srclibs/RootTools-new.txt
    @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
    +Repo:https://github.com/Stericson/RootTools
    +Subdir:RootTools/RootTools
    @mudar1488 ...finally, your improved app is on the XDA portal :victory: Congrats!
    Nice to see you working on that!

Maybe you'd like to submit it to f-droid? That'd be great!
    www.f-droid.org

@Unrelashade I'll definitly submit the app to F-Droid when out of beta!
    @op what about compatibility with older version of android? I've got my FP but also an older phone, that I'm using sometime, with android 2.3.... any chance to have this app on 2.3.x as well?

Sorry, but no plans for 2.3 compatibility :(

PeaceOfMind+ started as a fork of Fairphone's PeaceOfMind, which was intended to run only on the fairphone: screen resolution, android version, system app, etc.
    So working with that code I tried to make it compatible with other devices. The original app was for Android 4.1 (API 16), so I added support for 4.0+ (API 14). Initially I thought it would only need some UI changes, but I had to handle non-rooted phones and fix too many bugs. And the code quality was not that great.

So to me it's difficult to justify the amount of changes (and time!) required to add support for 2.3, especially for what was supposed to be a simple Fork.