[Q] X10 Mini as WiFi Hotspot

Search This thread

enjoycool

Jul 5, 2008
Singapore
omi.net.bd
Hi,
Can anyone give me some idea how can I turn my X10 mini into a wifi hotspot? I found many people are asking similar question but I did not notice any good answer. So this is possible or not?

Raaert

Oct 27, 2010
I use Barnacle Wifi Tether as Cyberwuulf already said.

It supports WEP encryption on my x10 mini pro, and works perfectly every time, super fast - And ive sent in a few good ideas to the dev which he promised to implement in the future.

Annoymous Man

Feb 6, 2011
It works with my X10 Mini with PC connection, but fails to get connected by Xperia X8, and I'm still working out with other phones tomorrow... Please note that my X10 Mini is running 2.1, rooted.

Annoymous Man

Feb 6, 2011
It works with my X10 Mini with PC connection, but fails to get connected by Xperia X8, and I'm still working out with other phones tomorrow... Please note that my X10 Mini is running 2.1, rooted.

And I got it works with my X8 too, before I read the following:confused: Ad-hoc mode only:

Can you make Barnacle use infrastructure mode instead of ad-hoc?

If one could make an Android phone look like a real access point (rather than an ad-hoc network), then it would improve compatibility and allow better security. Unfortunately, to make a wifi client behave like an access point requires fundamental changes in the device driver. The hardware vendors of the wireless interfaces present in most Android devices did not include such capability.

What one can do, however, is use Connectify to make their laptop running Windows 7 appear as a real access point. In combination with Barnacle it should be possible to connect many restricted devices (PS3, DSi, etc.) to the Internet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts