Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shokouhi

Apr 2, 2011
Salt Lake City
Kingguff,

I would replace the phone as faulty, after one of two of those they will deliver a new one. With Desire HD had same issue and it was taken care of. PM me your info, as I might be moving mine soon as I am getting the X. I said before it would be free for a Coredroid user in the next month. I think your situation fits the bill. Hope that might help mate?

Shokouhi

Reactions: kingguff

bx10r

Apr 9, 2010
It is not in 5.1.
But you can flash it.
It will improve your phone.
I have tried the one you linked and also the one on the Ordroid one.
I am sticking with the Ordroid one.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Coredroid V5.1

Question?" When u say improve" what do u mean? I tried it and got sense restarts again...so I reflashed 5.1 to remove. Not saying everyone's gonna get that as obviously u didn't. Could I have done something wrong?

TKruzze

Updated and Skinned Google Maps v6.7.0

Attached is the latest release of Google Maps (6.7.0). I have re-skinned it with the CoreDroid icons and attached it below as an update zip.
I also partially re-skinned other resolutions in the app, so if you're using another device (I also use it on my Kindle Fire) you'll be able to Coredroid's skinning there as well.

If you flash this in recovery, it will replace the System copy of the app with the updated, fully-skinned version of Google Maps. Enjoy!

PLEASE NOTE: You MUST uninstall any Google Maps updates that were installed from the market (Play Store) before flashing this zip.
This zip replaces the system copy (the one installed with the ROM) on CoreDroid version 5.0 and 5.1.

If you download and/or appreciate these updates, please hit the "Thanks" button to let me know.

Attachments

• Maps-6.7.0.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 29

RayHeath

Feb 11, 2009
Weiden, Germany
www.heath-agentur.de

miniterror

Feb 5, 2009
Cheers bro any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Seriously wtf,
I would demand a new phone from them.
They are aware of xda for sure so tel them thats the only reason why you buy htc so you can midify it to youre likes.
If there still *****ing bring it back and say it overheats or something(dont use screen probs as they will say thats youre own fault)
If you dont get a totally new one bring that one back again and say it has the same prob.
In holland a manufacturer has 3 times the opurtunity to repair a device and then it has to be replaced for a brand new one.
Or after the 3 times say you dont have confidence in that particular product anymore and say you want a one-x and youll pay like 100 euro to cover the difference of the devices

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

kingguff

Apr 10, 2011
Lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S10
Seriously wtf,
I would demand a new phone from them.
They are aware of xda for sure so tel them thats the only reason why you buy htc so you can midify it to youre likes.
If there still *****ing bring it back and say it overheats or something(dont use screen probs as they will say thats youre own fault)
If you dont get a totally new one bring that one back again and say it has the same prob.
In holland a manufacturer has 3 times the opurtunity to repair a device and then it has to be replaced for a brand new one.
Or after the 3 times say you dont have confidence in that particular product anymore and say you want a one-x and youll pay like 100 euro to cover the difference of the devices

Been on the phone to HTC again and they say they don't class it as a fault and they dont support unlocking the bootloader even though htcdev unlock it lol. Going to wait a few days and say it keeps turning off on its own or something and keep sending it back and hope for the best. Thanks guys for your support, coredroid is without a doubt the best community on xda

RayHeath

Feb 11, 2009
Weiden, Germany
www.heath-agentur.de
No it came back from repair with hboot 1.27 and its not supported by revolutionary.

I think that I may have found something here. It looks like if anyone is sending their Sensation in for repair that the mainboard is being changed to a new one, even if not needed. That will then give you a new IMEA which is not really compatible with the serial number of your phone. :eek:

I will keep checking, but this is what I´ve found in such sort notice. Hope it helps a little bro. :)

kingguff

Apr 10, 2011
Lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S10
I think that I may have found something here. It looks like if anyone is sending their Sensation in for repair that the mainboard is being changed to a new one, even if not needed. That will then give you a new IMEA which is not really compatible with the serial number of your phone. :eek:

I will keep checking, but this is what I´ve found in such sort notice. Hope it helps a little bro. :)

Yes I looked over that thread and posted a link a couple of pages back, hopefully something will come of the software they are trying to port from the one x. Makes you wonder why they are changing motherboards when some people have only sent it in for dust under the screen.

I only found that thread after searching google for the error code I got. It seems like a lot of people are affected, loads of people were asking on other forums and just being flamed and told they were not doing it properly and not taken serious so i spent days trying again and again till I found the xda thread lol

Last edited:

miniterror

Feb 5, 2009
Yes I looked over that thread and posted a link a couple of pages back, hopefully something will come of the software they are trying to port from the one x. Makes you wonder why they are changing motherboards when some people have only sent it in for dust under the screen.

I only found that thread after searching google for the error code I got. It seems like a lot of people are affected, loads of people were asking on other forums and just being flamed and told they were not doing it properly and not taken serious so i spent days trying again and again till I found the xda thread lol

Little hard to find as im working(taxi driver so no normal comp) but i believe i readed somewhere it is possible to change the imei of the mobo.
You prob still have the box with the original imei on it wich compares to the s/n
Give it a quick google and maybe youll find something on changing the imei;)

kingguff

Apr 10, 2011
Lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S10
Little hard to find as im working(taxi driver so no normal comp) but i believe i readed somewhere it is possible to change the imei of the mobo.
You prob still have the box with the original imei on it wich compares to the s/n
Give it a quick google and maybe youll find something on changing the imei;)

Good thinking, I will look into that. The paperwork I got back with the phone states at the top the new and the old imei. Thanks man I will do some research.

saigon66

Feb 2, 2008
I got a lot of sense restart right now. I changed a lot of kernel but no help. Do I have to reinstall coredroid again?

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation with Beats Audio met Tapatalk

juancubo

Mar 28, 2011
Katy
I got a lot of sense restart right now. I changed a lot of kernel but no help. Do I have to reinstall coredroid again?

Do you have ZRAM working?
type: "free" in terminal emulator and check for other than 0 in the swap row.

I started to have some restart, and in fact I decided to do I clean install and got back to Sebastian Kernel. My phone didn't like to much the others, It stays cooler with sebastiam thermal configuration.

saigon66

Feb 2, 2008
Do you have ZRAM working?
type: "free" in terminal emulator and check for other than 0 in the swap row.

I started to have some restart, and in fact I decided to do I clean install and got back to Sebastian Kernel. My phone didn't like to much the others, It stays cooler with sebastiam thermal configuration.

My ZRAM is still working fine but i just keep the sense restart when I get out of the app. Any app! So I much start every thing again?

juancubo

Mar 28, 2011
Katy
My ZRAM is still working fine but i just keep the sense restart when I get out of the app. Any app! So I much start every thing again?

What I do, is to backup of my user apps (app + data) only with Titanium Backup, and then restore them after clean install. It will save you a lot of time. Or if you have a Nandroid of a working 5.1, then you can restore it and then with TB restore the apps and data that you have missing or need updating.

Did you installed mods over the ROM, because sometimes if flash the ROM over (no wipe) you can reflash the original sense related apks that could have been causing the sense restarts.

Also, I would suggest to clean app caches with the included app cache cleaner.

I have heard of weird problems caused by defective or corrupted microSD card. So you can backup the card, format it, then copy back the contents and try.

Just some ideas, I dont really know what your problem is, but try it, and let us know.

Reactions: saigon66

saigon66

Feb 2, 2008
What I do, is to backup of my user apps (app + data) only with Titanium Backup, and then restore them after clean install. It will save you a lot of time. Or if you have a Nandroid of a working 5.1, then you can restore it and then with TB restore the apps and data that you have missing or need updating.

Did you installed mods over the ROM, because sometimes if flash the ROM over (no wipe) you can reflash the original sense related apks that could have been causing the sense restarts.

Also, I would suggest to clean app caches with the included app cache cleaner.

I have heard of weird problems caused by defective or corrupted microSD card. So you can backup the card, format it, then copy back the contents and try.

Just some ideas, I dont really know what your problem is, but try it, and let us know.

Ok, I will do it with a clean install.

l2icky

Jun 7, 2010
Moore, Oklaoma
Latest battery results with 5.1 and Bricked 1.1 with OnDemand. 1566/192/384 Deadline Scheduler. As you can see, pretty moderate use.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336684268539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336684268539.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 119
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336684297247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336684297247.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][03 APR]COREDROID SENSATION XE & 4G v5.1 [ICS][SENSE 3.6][FAST|SMOOTH] ONLINE!

MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    MOD EDIT: Removed content
    Read read read!!!

MOD EDIT: removed content