How to setup Verizon Wireless APN Settings for MMS

Search This thread

fallendown

Jan 20, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
I can't believe this hasn't been stickied but this is how to apply the APN Settings to most ROM's that are Android 4.0+. Most ROM's have this information already baked in, some do not. I created this little tutorial not only for people that are new to this, but also for veterans who need a quick reference for the actual settings. Can we please get this Stickied?

APN Settings for MMS

1. Goto Settings
2. Under Wireless & Networks select "More..."
3. Select "Mobile networks"
4. Select "Access Point Names"
5. Press the Setting soft key
6. Select "New APN"
7. Select "Name" and enter "Verizon" and select "OK"
8. Select "APN" and enter "internet" and select "OK"
9. Select "MMSC" and enter "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" and select "OK"
10 . Press the setting softkey
11. Select "Save"
12. In the APN screen select your new "Verizon" APN
13. Finished

Last edited:

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
+1 Mods, please make this a sticky! I'm always searching through threads to find this.

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
Something else you may add to this, the method of updating towers when you can't use a keyboard. That might be handy also.

Sent from my Incredibly Indecisive Dinc2

drneely

Dec 3, 2012
Concord
okay guys, I have tried doing this and it kicks me out of APN back to the settings page. Every time. I have switched to phablet mode to stock and everything in between to try and be able to enter these settings. Is there anyway possible to do this without getting into the APN?

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
okay guys, I have tried doing this and it kicks me out of APN back to the settings page. Every time. I have switched to phablet mode to stock and everything in between to try and be able to enter these settings. Is there anyway possible to do this without getting into the APN?

If you are looking for rom specific help you need to ask in that thread. I'm assuming you are trying pacman. I believe it has been addressed there already. But be sure you are hitting menu and save and not just backing out.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

drneely

Dec 3, 2012
Concord
It is for paranoid, i tried the way you suggested in that thread but even before i can get into apn settings i get kicked back to settings....
This is how it goes
1.hit menu
2.hit settings
3.click more
4.click wireless networks
5.click apn
6.get kicked back to main menu

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
It is for paranoid, i tried the way you suggested in that thread but even before i can get into apn settings i get kicked back to settings....
This is how it goes
1.hit menu
2.hit settings
3.click more
5.click apn

I believe someone mentioned a way to fix that. Something to do with clearing and rebooting maybe. Still this isn't the right thread for trouble shooting that rom. We don't want to clutter this thread with rom specific issues. Recheck that thread.

I'm on my way to work right now but it you don't find it ask in that thread and I will see if I can help later.

fallendown

Jan 20, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
This is how it goes
1.hit menu
2.hit settings
3.click more
5.click apn

Goto post #526 in Paranoid/Pac thread and start there. I personally never had that problem with PA, or PAC.....but I have gone back to Psycho's Build 4 because I don't like the apps baked into PA and PAC....

Reactions: Gr8Jeepin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't believe this hasn't been stickied but this is how to apply the APN Settings to most ROM's that are Android 4.0+. Most ROM's have this information already baked in, some do not. I created this little tutorial not only for people that are new to this, but also for veterans who need a quick reference for the actual settings. Can we please get this Stickied?

APN Settings for MMS

1. Goto Settings
    2. Under Wireless & Networks select "More..."
    3. Select "Mobile networks"
    4. Select "Access Point Names"
    5. Press the Setting soft key
    6. Select "New APN"
    7. Select "Name" and enter "Verizon" and select "OK"
    8. Select "APN" and enter "internet" and select "OK"
    9. Select "MMSC" and enter "http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" and select "OK"
    10 . Press the setting softkey
    11. Select "Save"
    12. In the APN screen select your new "Verizon" APN
    13. Finished
    +3 (keep the combo going!)
    This is how it goes
    1.hit menu
    2.hit settings
    3.click more
    5.click apn

Goto post #526 in Paranoid/Pac thread and start there. I personally never had that problem with PA, or PAC.....but I have gone back to Psycho's Build 4 because I don't like the apps baked into PA and PAC....
    hi, i am in the process of searching for a fix but so far haven't come across anything for this case. am running CM10.1 with 4.2.2 on a vzw s3, rooted and unlocked. i installed the apn data (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044449) but still when i go to more settings -> mobile networks there is nothing about APN anywhere ...

any clue about this ?
    I'm not sure if this will help anyone else out (or has already been posted), but here are the latest APN settings from a Galaxy S7 Edge:

Name: Verizon Internet
    APN: VZWINTERNET
    MCC: 311
    MNC: 480
    APN type: default,dun,supl
    APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    Mobile virtual network operator type: None

All other values “Not set”.

- Dave