[CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3188/RK3066/RK2928/RK2926/RK2918/RK2906

Search This thread

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Mod Edit: Link removed
all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors. but they have no responsibility for this CWM-based Recovery. use this CWM-based Recovery at your own risk.

this CWM-based Recovery can write raw MTD partition such as kernel, boot, and recovery on RK3188, RK3066, RK2928, RK2926, RK2918, and RK2906 devices without any problem. this can be installed without Windows.

if you want to install zip with edify script which writes something to raw MTD partition, you have to use update-binary and/or flash_image included in this CWM-based Recovery image.

please see my site for detail.

Last edited by a moderator:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
* Known issues (2013/2/11)

- timestamp
backup may be named as 1970-01-01.xx.xx.xx. it's just a directory name on SD card. please rename it.

- dump_image
it says "mtd: read error (No such file or directory)" at the end. please ignore it, it should not be a problem.

* How to controll

- mouse
move up/down: up/down
left click: select
right click: back

- keyboard
cursor up/down: up/down
cursor left/enter: select
cursor right: back

- touch screen
swipe up/down: up/down
swipe left: select
swipe right: back

- button
volume up/down: up/down
power: select
back: back

- remote controller
up/down: up/down
left/ok: select

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
* about tools to make device specific image

you can use any tools which can be used to make custom rom for Rockchip devices. I'm using rkunpack, rkcrc, unpackbootimg, and mkbootimg.

if you don't know how to make custom rom for Rockchip devices, please ask google. many developers are already making custom rom for Rockchip devices, many information is already floating around.

Last edited:

magnemann

Jul 30, 2012
where to download rkflash, rkflashtool, or RKAndroidTool.exe

CWM on my mk808b could be great, thanks!

Can any anyone please point me to where to download any of these tools?: :cowboy:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
CWM on my mk808b could be great, thanks!

Can any anyone please point me to where to download any of these tools?: :cowboy:

if you want to know how to install CWM, please read "how to install" page on my site, and try "from root shell" method.

if you want to know about these tools, I'll add more information including them on my site. but it will be done little by little.
and I think here is not the best place to talk about other topics. please try search box on XDA, or google.

regards,

Reactions: leolias

magnemann

Jul 30, 2012
if you want to know how to install CWM, please read "how to install" page on my site, and try "from root shell" method.

if you want to know about these tools, I'll add more information including them on my site. but it will be done little by little.
and I think here is not the best place to talk about other topics. please try search box on XDA, or google.

regards,

Thanks alot for info! I'll try 'from root shell' method. Seems like the easiest way. :laugh:

How do i boot into CWM if stuck at boot?

I know I can do it with 'reboot'->recovery with reboot-app in finless 1.5. But I've been troubled with freeze at boot sometimes with no other option than to reflash rom.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
How do i boot into CWM if stuck at boot?

I know I can do it with 'reboot'->recovery with reboot-app in finless 1.5. But I've been troubled with freeze at boot sometimes with no other option than to reflash rom.

I only have a MK806. it has a button to boot recovery and bootloader. but sorry I don't know about other device...
if you are sure there is no button, then you need to flash some misc.img with USB flash tool.
sorry, I'm busy a little. please search about RKAndroidTool for RK3066 on google.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
backup will be named as "1970-01-01.xx.xx.xx" on (at least) MK806 and MK808B.
I'll investigate it. for now please rename it from PC or any explorer app. it's just a directory name on SD card.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/
2013/1/19
update updater-script
add images for MK802III and UG007

latest stock rom for MK802III and UG007 has /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. it restores stock recovery on every boot. then, you need to disable it e.g.

Code:
chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

otherwise, installed CWM is erased and stock recovery is restored after reboot.

I added above code into updater-script in all my CWM.zip. if you install CWM.zip from CWM or adb sideload, it will be done automatically.
if you flash recovery.img from shell or rk tools, you need to do it manually.
if you update your device, install-recovery.sh may be re-enabled. then, you need to disable it again.

----
at this time all images are updated, but only updater-script in zip is changed. if you already installed CWM, no need to install this version.

Last edited:

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
hi fun!

I was wondering if I provide you with the parameter file and any other files you need if you could modify the build for our Minix Neo X5 device? thanks man!!

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
I was wondering if I provide you with the parameter file and any other files you need if you could modify the build for our Minix Neo X5 device?

I added images for NEO G4 and NEO X5. please try.

EDIT:
I noticed NEO G4 and NEO X5 have remote controller. can you try it?
if it doesn't work well, please try "Advanced Menu > key test" and tell me relation between button and key code.
probably VOL+/-, POWER and BACK can be used on this version, but DPAD up/down/left/right/ok will not work.

EDIT2:
little off-topic, X5 looks nice for me. is there any "take apart" pics?

EDIT3:
http://minixforums.com/threads/neo-x5-mod-heatsink-for-cpu.60/ interesting :)

hmm I want to see another side :(

Last edited:
Reactions: onelovekir

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008

EDIT:
if it doesn't work well, please try "Advanced Menu > key test" and tell me relation between button and key code.
probably VOL+/-, POWER and BACK can be used on this version, but DPAD up/down/left/right/ok will not work.

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

there is some take apart pics somewhere...let me see if I can find them. thanks for your help and I will test the new build today.

and oh yeah btw...X5 is very nice ;)

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
for all,

if you can, please try to install from stock recovery. I hope it should be easy and it will work on all RK3066 products/stock roms.
but it doesn't work (invalid message) on Yuandao N50 RK2918 tablet.

I want to know that it works or doesn't work on which product/rom as much as possible.

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008

EDIT:

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

ok after further testing, your build so far looks good (although I haven't yet tried to flash a zip file). I just have been trying to get the keys right on the remote that it comes with. I have all the key test functions if you would like to rebuild the X5 version. up/down on the d-pad give you up/down on the screen. left on the d-pad is the select or ok button for CWM.

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
Re: [CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3066/RK2918 devices

for all,

if you can, please try to install from stock recovery. I hope it should be easy and it will work on all RK3066 products/stock roms.
but it doesn't work (invalid message) on Yuandao N50 RK2918 tablet.

I want to know that it works or doesn't work on which product/rom as much as possible.

It works for the Minix Neo X5 perfectly! We just gotta get those keys straightened out.

HTC EVO LTE with Tapatalk

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
ok after further testing, your build so far looks good (although I haven't yet tried to flash a zip file). I just have been trying to get the keys right on the remote that it comes with. I have all the key test functions if you would like to rebuild the X5 version. up/down on the d-pad give you up/down on the screen. left on the d-pad is the select or ok button for CWM.

well, my English is not so good. I'm sorry asking again, d-pad up/down/left/right on remote worked on this version?
I want to see key test result.

It works for the Minix Neo X5 perfectly! We just gotta get those keys straightened out.

my CWM.zip (renamed to update.zip) can be installed from X5 stock recovery, right?

anyway, thank you for your cooperation!

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
Re: [CWM] CWM-based Recovery for RK3066/RK2918 devices

well, my English is not so good. I'm sorry asking again, d-pad up/down/left/right on remote worked on this version?
I want to see key test result.

my CWM.zip (renamed to update.zip) can be installed from X5 stock recovery, right?

anyway, thank you for your cooperation!

Yes the up/down/left arrows work but not the right (i think cuz we don't need a fourth function), but ONLY (so far) on the stock remote that comes with the X5. Yes changing to update.zip works and I will get you the key test results in a little bit.

Thanks again for your work!

HTC EVO LTE with Tapatalk

Reactions: ilyamodder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: Link removed
    all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors. but they have no responsibility for this CWM-based Recovery. use this CWM-based Recovery at your own risk.

this CWM-based Recovery can write raw MTD partition such as kernel, boot, and recovery on RK3188, RK3066, RK2928, RK2926, RK2918, and RK2906 devices without any problem. this can be installed without Windows.

if you want to install zip with edify script which writes something to raw MTD partition, you have to use update-binary and/or flash_image included in this CWM-based Recovery image.

please see my site for detail.
    * Known issues (2013/2/11)

- timestamp
    backup may be named as 1970-01-01.xx.xx.xx. it's just a directory name on SD card. please rename it.

- dump_image
    it says "mtd: read error (No such file or directory)" at the end. please ignore it, it should not be a problem.

* How to controll

- mouse
    move up/down: up/down
    left click: select
    right click: back

- keyboard
    cursor up/down: up/down
    cursor left/enter: select
    cursor right: back

- touch screen
    swipe up/down: up/down
    swipe left: select
    swipe right: back

- button
    volume up/down: up/down
    power: select

- remote controller
    up/down: up/down
    left/ok: select
    * about tools to make device specific image

you can use any tools which can be used to make custom rom for Rockchip devices. I'm using rkunpack, rkcrc, unpackbootimg, and mkbootimg.

if you don't know how to make custom rom for Rockchip devices, please ask google. many developers are already making custom rom for Rockchip devices, many information is already floating around.
    hi all

I'm sorry that there is no activity for a long time. now I can get some spare time to do some things.

I'm sure a lot of requests/questions are posted on here, PM, and via contact form on my site. but sorry, I can't answer everything at once.
    there are many things todo, I have to refresh my machine, my brain and my code, etc.
    (and, as you know, I'm just an individual person who like this as a hobby, please don't expect too much)

if you still have interest about my work (thanks!), please give me some more time.

thank you for your cooperation!
    following device specific images are added (as 20130213 release)

Amerry Android Stick 2.0
    ARCHOS 80 XS
    bq Curie
    CnM TouchPad 10.1DC
    GOCLEVER TAB R83 MINI
    GOCLEVER TAB R83.2/R83.3 MINI
    PiPO S2
    PiPO S2 (new camera)
    PiPO S2 3G
    PiPO S3
    Ployer MOMO8
    Teclast P88

many other images will be added within few days (hopefully)...